GAS - eurgh....

ginny27

...I LOVE FRUIT!
Lol, i'm embarrassed to ask but since everyone is so friendly and helpfuuul I was wondering if anyone else had a lot of gas in the first couple of weeks of Slimming World?

I've heard that eating fruit with other food can cause gas... so i'm going to eat fruit by itself for a week to see if that helps. I'm also going to cut down on fizzy drinks as that is an obvious contributor.

Any other no-gas ideas?

when i do green days...........i should change my name to gail cos i'm really windy.........lol don't get it on red days and i eat loads of fruit and veg..............

Ahh that makes sense. I've ONLY been on green days this week! LOL. Might invest in some chicken and bacon today then....

:)

I find that those pro-biotic yoghurts make me a bit windy and my stomache makes the weirdest noises.

I think a lot of us had gas when we first started. Its usually down to having more fibre and fruit and veg. It will settle though!

I've been doing sw 6 months and still suffer with gas! I blame all the beans....

WELL....hubby calls me windy mindy now so i guess that answers it. lol (mindys not my real name btw its stacey mindy is my work name)

LOL Mindy!!

I can't say that I've suffered with gas, but I only do red days at the moment so my diet hasn't changed that dramatically apart from cutting all the kerap out.

WELL....hubby calls me windy mindy now so i guess that answers it. lol (mindys not my real name btw its stacey mindy is my work name)

i daren't ask what you do for a living! lol

I think a lot of it, as was mentioned before, is the sudden increase in fibre. I made the 'spicy vegetables with cous cous' from the magazine yesterday and it had chick peas. There was definitely a"gaseous exchange" going on a while later...:ashamed0005:

OMG one of my closest friends has lost 4 st on SW, and now will eat in the SW way forever. Good for her, but my god, her wind! It's terrible! Loud AND foul!!!! lol!

SEVERE GAIL WARNING!!*** absoltutley!! its the price we have to pay to lose weight i reakon!! your not alone girl!! haha x

i daren't ask what you do for a living! lol

HE HE HE HE HE nothing as secretive as it sounds i work on mirror bingo website as a chat room moderator lol

Yeah i defo suffer wind on green days lol. It is the beans and mushy peas that do it for me i think, but also the alpen light bars but i think they have loads of fibre as they are ff in the book. Hopefully it will settle down when my body is used to the change of food as i'm only 3 weeks into plan.

Back