Gemma's Diary Mixed Days - red, green, EE - new to EE advice welcome

gemma1985

Silver Member
Ok so trying to give myself a kick up the backside and thought a food diary would be an ideal way! Have followed SW for a long time and I'm pretty old skool in terms of red and green days but using these forums and reading about EE I'm trying to incorporate more EE days so any advice if I am missing something or any tips would be most welcome, thank you! I keep a diary and will post days at a time when I get chance, So here goes:

18/05/12 - Extra Easy
Breakfast: 35g Porridge (HEB) & blueberries made up with water & skimmed milk (HEA)
Lunch: Tin of tuna, cous cous & salad
Dinner: Sausage Casserole - 4 sausages (Tesco Half Fat), carton of passata, red onions, can of beans & mushrooms (HALVED THIS PORTION) with a jacket potato
Snacks: strawberries and grapes
Drinks: Tea & Coffee (HEA) and sugar free juice
TOTAL SYNS - 6 for sausages

19/05/2012 - Extra Easy
Breakfast: 35g Porridge (HEB) & blueberries made up with water & skimmed milk (HEA)
Lunch: Left over sausage casserole (ate cold in the car!)
Dinner: Tuna, pasta, cucumber, tomatoes and red onion mixed with Kraft f/f French Dressing
Snacks: Pea pods, strawberries, blueberries, mango
Drinks: Tea & Coffee (HEA), Slimline Tonic (lots of ice and slices of lime yummm), skinny latte and sugar free juice
TOTAL SYNS: 12 - 6 for sausages and 6 for skinny latte

20/05/2012 - Extra Easy?? - Sunday = bad day!
Breakfast: 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) and blueberries
Lunch: Jacket Potato & chilli with huge salad - (ate out so going to count 10 syns for chilli)
Dinner: Thick cut ham, tomatoes, boiled egg and 2 slices of WM (synned) and carrot sticks
Drinks: Tea & Coffee (HEA), skinny latte and sugar free juice
TOTAL SYNS: 28 (eeekkk!!) Lunch 10, skinny latte 6, bread 6, velvet crunch 4, highlights chocolate 2

21/05/2012 - Extra Easy
Breakfast: 2 Alpen Lights, blueberries
Lunch: Ham salad - thick cut ham, 2 boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, kraft f/f french dressing
Dinner: Home Made Soup - carrots, onions, mushrooms, turnip, potatoes, chicken and gammon made with chicken stock cubes, salt & pepper
Drinks: Tea & Coffee (HEA), sugar free juice, peppermint tea
TOTAL SYNS: 10 - Velvet Crunch (4), HP Brown Sauce (4), Highlights hot chocolate (2)

22/05/2012 - Extra Easy
Breakfast: 2 Alpen Lights, blueberries
Lunch: left over soup
Dinner: Tuna Quiche - tinned tuna, red onion, mushrooms, 7 eggs - with salad and cous cous
Snacks: Orange
TOTAL SYNS: 8 - Velvet Crunch (4), Cous Cous (2), Highlights hot chocolate (2)

Last edited:
23/05/2012 - Red Day
Breakfast: 2 Alpen Lights
Lunch: left over tuna quiche and two tomatoes
Dinner: One chicken breast stuffed with Laughing Cow Extra Light cheese triangles (HEA) WW Petit Pain (HEB) and tomatoes - with some marmite and rest of LC EX light cheese traingles (rest of HEA Allowance)
Snacks: Orange, grapes (a whole 4 grapes!!)
TOTAL SYNS: 8 - Velvet Crunch (4), Highlights hot chocolate (2)

24/05/2012 - Green Day
Breakfast: 2 Alpen Lights (HEB)
Lunch: 4 dark rye Ryvitas (HEB) & 6 Extra Light Laughing Cow Cheese Triangles (HEA), 3 Tomatoes.
Dinner: Wholemeal Carbonara Pasta n Sauce (1.5) and 2 quorn burgers
Snacks: Orange, Shape Delight Yoghurt (0.5)
TOTAL SYNS: 2 - Yoghurt & Pasta n Sauce

Trying to keep syns low for a night out on Saturday....

25/05/2012 - Green Day
Lunch: Sweet n Sour Mugshot, Shape Delight Yoghurt (0.5), mini ryvitas (HEB)
Dinner: 6 LC extra light cheese triangles (HEA), Pasta and passata and mushrooms
Snacks: Orange and Velvet Crunch (4)
Drinks: Tea and coffee (HEA), Sugar Free Juice, Highlight hot chocolate (2)
TOTAL SYNS: 6.5 - Yoghurt (0.5), Velvet Crunch (4), hot chocolate (2)

26/05/2012 - ???? Day (Saturday)

Ok so tonight was a family celebration and drinks and an Indian planned so plan to start the day being as good as possible (aiming for EE Plan) then aimed to drink as little as possible and eat as good as I can but failed pretty miserably!

Breakfast: 2 Harvest Morn Bars (HEB)
Lunch: Left over pasta from yesterday (passata, pasta, mushrooms, LC cheese traingles) - wasn't the best reheated...! with chicken
Dinner: Started off with canapes of prawn bellinis, melon and parma ham and cheese and olives (ooooppsssss!!), chicken bhuna and boiled rice with half a chilli naan (yummm)
Drinks: Tea (HEA), only had 2 cups so split my HEA allowance for LC cheese triangles, 6 glasses of champagne and 4 vodka and slimline tonics.
TOTAL SYNS ??

Going to write the evening off and get straight back on plan tomorrow, the Indian got the better of me in the end and well it was a special occasion.... :rolleyes:

27/05/2012 - Red Day
Breakfast: 2 Harvest Morn Bars (HEB) (cereal bars just to mix it up!!haha)
Lunch: x2 Laughing Cow E'Light Cheese Triangles (part HEA), Thick cut ham, tomato and Mini Ryvitas (HEB)
Dinner: One Chicken Breast stuffed with 4 Laughing Cow E'Light Cheese Triangles (rest of HEA), mushrooms and wrapped in bacon with all the fat trimmed off - this was gorgeous mmmm, served with 2 tomatoes
Snacks: 2 packets of Velvet Crunch (8), Highlights Hot Chocolate (2) and 3 crab sticks
TOTAL SYNS: 10 - Velvet Crunch (8) and Highlights (2)

Quite pleased with today as I felt slightly ropey and Sunday is usually the day I struggle with snacking as I tend to have a lazy day. I find Red Days are helping as I can snack more on free foods.

28/05/2012 - Red Day
Breakfast: 2 Alpen Light (HEB) and small bag of grapes
Lunch: One slice of bacon & mushroom quiche, 2 tomatoes, cucumber, 3 Laughing Cow Extra Light Cheese Triangles (HEA), thick cut ham.
Dinner: Bacon & Mushroom Quiche, Weight Watchers Petit Pain (HEB) and 3 Laughing Cow Extra Light Cheese Triangles (Rest of HEA)
Snacks: Orange, Velvet Crunch (4)
Drinks: Tea & Coffee (HEA), Sugar Free Juice, Highlight Hot Chocolate (2)
TOTAL SYNS: 6 - Velvet Crunch & Hot Chocolate

29/05/2012 - Red Day
Lunch: Left over bacon & mushroom quiche and 2 tomatoes
Dinner: Chicken Stir Fry
Snacks: 2 Alpen Lights (HEB)
Drinks: Tea & Coffee (HEA), Sugar Free Juice, Highlight Hot Chocolate (2)
TOTAL SYNS: 7 - Hot Chocolate (2) and 3 pieces of Galaxy Chocolate (5) - estimating syns for this!

Last edited:
30/05/2012 - Extra Easy
Breakfast: 35g porridge (HEB) and blueberries
Lunch: Home Made Soup - carrots, onions, mushrooms, turnip, potatoes, chicken and gammon made with chicken stock cubes, salt & pepper
Dinner: Tuna, Pasta, spring onions, tomatoes and cucumber mixed with Kraft fat free french dressing and lots of pepper.
Drinks: Tea & Coffee (HEA), water, peppermint tea
TOTAL SYNS: 6 - Velvet Crunch (4), Highlights hot chocolate (2)

Last edited:
Since my last post I have pretty much fell off the band wagon in a BIG way the Jubilee weekend brought non stop alcohol and food and eating out, I only managed to get back on plan yesterday! I did weigh myself this morning and I'm up 1lb - just waiting for a huge gain within the next week :( found it really difficult to get myself back on track too and holiday is 4 weeks tomorrow I could cry as I have another hectic weekend planned which includes eating out at least twice....

So yesterday consisted of:
07/06/2012 - Red Day
Lunch: 3 Extra Light Laughing Cow Cheese Triangles (part of HEA), cooked turkey, 4 Dark Rye Ryvitas (HEB), 2 boiled eggs and 4 small tomatoes.
Dinner: Tuna and onion omlette, with 3 Extra Light Laughing Cow Cheese Triangles (rest of HEA) grilled on the top - this was very yummy!
Snacks: Peach
Drinks: Water, T&C (HEA), Sugar free juice.
SYNS: 4 - Packet of velvet crunch
Lunch:

OK TIME TO START AGAIN!! Back to group last week and managed to lose 3lb my first week back, I haven't got a lot to lose my target is 10lb total so 3lb was amazing!! so starting food diaries again as I need to be strict! Here goes:

27/02/2013 - RED DAY

B: x2 Light HiFi Bars (HEB)
L: x4 dark rye ryvitas (HEB) and 5 LC Light Triangles (HEA) and an orange
D: Homemade burgers (Extra lean beef mince), homemade salsa (peppers, tomatoes and red onion with balsamic vinegar) fry light mushrooms and onions and Butternut squash chips
syns: 2 - Hilights Hot Choc

Keeping syns low this week for Saturday night!

28/02/2013 - RED DAY
B: 35g porridge oats (HEB), mixed frozen berries and blueberries
L: x4 dark rye ryvitas (HEB) and 5 LC light cheese triangles (hea)
D: went out for dinner tonight and tried my best to be good and choose the best options: prawn cocktail (small bit of mayo) and salmon cooked in a honey and balsamic vinegar with salad - counting 20 syns for this just to be on the safe side....
Snacks: strawberries, grapes and FF Fromage frais and melon

01/03/2013
B: X2 Alpen Lights (heb)
L: Birdseye Baked to Perfection salmon fillets with a chilli and ginger sauce (free) and packet of mini ryvitas (HEB)
D: 2 Salmon fillets and BNS Chips
HEA: 250ml semi skimmed milk

02/03/2013
B: x2 Alpen Lights (HEB)
L: Can of stewed steak in gravy (2.5 syns) and Weight Watchers Petit Pain (HEB)
HEA - 250ml Semi skimmed milk
vodkas and lager - 27 syns

03/03/2013:
B: x5 scran bran (HEB) warm alpro almond milk (500ml HEA) and a banana and vanilla muller light yoghurt
L: Asda chicken joint with hot and spicy crust (free) with x2 small wholemeal bread (HEB)
D: Left over chicken
Snacks: Velvet cruch (4 syns) and hi lights hot chocolate (2 syns)

06/03/2013 - RED DAY
B: 40g All Bran (HEB), sliced banana, part 500ml Alpro Soya Milk (HEA)
L: 5 Scan Bran (HEB), egg mayo - made with boiled eggs and Kraft light french dressing, 5 LC Light cheese triangles (HEA) and cooked ham
D: x2 Salmon fillets cooked in Balsamic Vinegar, BNS Chips and sugar snap peas
Snacks: Mullerlight yoghurt and melon
Syns: HiFi Bar (3), Velvet Crunch (4) and Hi Lights Hot Chocolate (2)

Can feel a huge difference in my clothes today hoping the Scan Bran challenge is paying off, I STS at last weigh in fingers crossed it will cpme off next weigh in :)

07/03/2013: RED DAY

B: 40g All Bran (HEB), sliced banana and part Alpro Light Soya Milk (500ml HEA)
D: x2 boiled eggs in Kraft Light French Dressing, x5 Scan Bran (HEB), 5 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles (HEA) and pineapple Mullerlight
L: Baked Chicken fillet and BNS chips
Snacks: Melon, Strawberries, mixed berries and toffee Mullerlight
Syns: French Fries (4) and Hi Lights Hot Choc (2)

Back