Gemma's food journey!

Hello everyone, I am completely new to vlcd's and this website so please tell me if I am posting in the wrong area etc....!

Also I am up for any tips at all for sticking to the diet and for re-introducing food at some point!

Anyway a little bit about me, I am 30, mummy to 1 little girl (3 yo) wife to 1!!
I work nights with special needs adults and then stay awake all day to look after my daughter! SO I really struggle with only 3 packs aday, but hey-ho, it will be worth it!

In 2010 I started healthy eating and ALOT of exercise to enable me to get pregnant again and lost 10 inchs from my waist, but in Dec 2011 I broke my foot and tendons in my foot and ankle so you guessed it I put on all my weight plus some, I still have problems with my foot today and can only run for 5 mins without pain :sigh:

This is the heaviest I've ever been, including when I was pregnant so I have decided to take control back and give this diet a go.

I am on day 6 and I am not hungry at all but my head is playing tricks with me!! I just want to chew something! Cooking for my daughter is the worst ever, I miss licking my fingers when baking with my daughter!! Oh the list could go on!

I am going on holiday on 14th april this year so am giving myself a week off then and dreading the weigh in the next week! I then plan to do total solution for as long as I can then go onto working solution or slimming world if I feel I can trust myself enough!!

Anyway enough babbling for today, you will find out that I like to babble and type as I think in my little confused brain!!

Hope today is a good day for you!

Sats 15/03/12
bust: 46.5"

waist: 42"
hips: 48"
u.arms: 13"
u.bust: 38"
weight: 15.12

Weigh in 22/03/12

Hi there Gemma.

I feel new here myself despite the fact that I am in my fifth week! Time just flies and all that.

"I ........can only run for 5 mins without pain" I am sorry but that made me laugh. You are RUNNING after having broken bones in your foot?! If you can do that, well, this diet is going to be a doddle for you.

Hope you become as addicted to this forum as I have.

Belle

Hy Gemma and welcome!

Good luck with exante, minimins is the best thing that came from this diet for me as the support here is incredible!!

I know what it's like not being able to run etc, I had a car accident a yer ago and had three gashes to the bone on my knee severing two tendons and breaking my patella, pretty much back to normal now but running is still a big no no for me so j can relate to your pain!!!

Good luck for your first weigh in!!! :)

Hello!

Thank you so much for the welcomes! I have read through alot of your diaries and you have all helped me keep focused! I hope to get to know you all as time goes by!

I worked a night shift and no food packs, after a night shift I am not hungry at all in the morning, almost feel sick at the thought of my shake, and I love my shakes!!! I usually have my first shake at 11am, is this bad? Will it effect my metabolism?

Anyway first weigh in today, BIG smile on my face!!!

drum roll please ........... ! -11lb YAY :):D

Certainly the boost I needed!

wk 1:

weight: 15.1 (-11lb!:D)
bust: 45.5" (-1")
waist: 39.5" (-2.5"):D:D
hips: 47" (-1")
Arms: 13" STS
U/bust: 37" (-1")

:):D:):D:):D:):D:D:D:D:):):)

good work xxx do you have porridge or bars as i feel at least i feel like i am eating something.

good work xxx do you have porridge or bars as i feel at least i feel like i am eating something.

Hello, thank you very much!!
Yes I have the bars in the evening as my "treat" I really miss chewing when I have my shakes and soups!!! I've heard good things about the porridge so may order some!

Hy Gemma and welcome!

Good luck with exante, minimins is the best thing that came from this diet for me as the support here is incredible!!

I know what it's like not being able to run etc, I had a car accident a yer ago and had three gashes to the bone on my knee severing two tendons and breaking my patella, pretty much back to normal now but running is still a big no no for me so j can relate to your pain!!!

Good luck for your first weigh in!!! :)

It's so frustrating, isn't it!!
Sounds like you had a nasty accident, poor you. Last time I lost alot of weight was through exercise, mostly running, so I am getting frustrated with just walking and a few weights!!!

e mail exante for free samples i did for the porridge and omg i love it!! just e mailed them again today for 1 of each of the soups lol

Oh damm it, I've been naughty, I had 2 slices of ham, a mini pork sausage and 2 cans of coke zero. :sigh: I am so annoyed at myself, this is the cycle I always follow, I have an amazing weigh in an then I "reward" myself with food. grrrrrrr. I NEED to stop this blinking vicious cycle.

Oh well tomorrow is another day ...... I just hope I haven't kicked myself out of ketosis as I've got a night shift tomorrow night so will have no food packs throughout the night!

hmmmm well it seems, my sillyness last night may have kicked me out of ketosis as I feel STARVING!! Now this may just be in my head though!

Anyway as I said today is another day and it's not like I pigged out, just annoyed at myself for following my usual unhealthy routine of rewarding myself with food!

Night shift tonight, so I am planning on skipping lunch so I can have a shake at about 3am and if I really struggle I might take an extra pack from tomorrows allowence. Gonna have to really sort out my timings for eating when on nights!!!

Anyway hope today is a good day for you all, the sun is shining so this makes me want to be slim!!

So close to falling off the wagon at work last night.
It was one of our service users birthday so lots of naughty snacks around! I was very good though and just had my bar at 3am and drank lots of water, now I'm off to bed so breakfast shake will be around 1pm!

Week 2 weigh in!

-5lb!!!!! and it's the TOTM!

I am so happy!!! Yipee!!

Weigh in was Thursday but haven't had a chance to get on here!

Well I lost 3lb which I was really shocked at because I had two days with a slight blip!! I went to a friends funeral and it's been a really emotional time so I ha some wine an buffet food, plus the next day I was STARVING so I caved in and had chocolate, grrrr! I've been 100% since then. I've also been struggling with my water in take! Naughty me!

Well to aid my weight loss goal I have signed up to a do Ben Nevis challenge! I have never done this kind of thing before but I am really looking forward to it!
I have until september to get my BMI under 29 so they will except me on the climb! And to obviously get a little fitter and work on my weak foot an knee!
Today I bought my boots so am gonna take them on holiday with me and go for some nice long walks along the coast, (this should help with my weightloss/gain as I'm on a planned week off!!) I also bought my backpack which I will first of all take on my walks empty then build myself up to the weight I need to be carrying up Ben Nevis! I am doing this for chartiy (won't say which one as not sure I'm allowed on here) But my auntie recently passed away and I'm doing it in her name!

Hope you are all having a lovely day, Gemma

For my own notes!!!

Holiday week sat 14th to sunday 22nd: +6lb, ate lots of carbs, dranka lot of vodka but also swam everyday and walked at least 3 miles everyday!
Started diet again properly on Monday 23rd, sneaky weigh in on 27th and lost 7lb so far. Next weigh in Monday 30th April.

I have started my training for my Ben Nevis climb and burning off lots of calories (about 600-700) any advice on if I should up my calroies on training days at all? Currently having just under 800 calories. I have been having some plain chicken or ham on training days, do you think this is OK? I don't want my body to go into starvation and not loose weight! I suppose time will tell.
anyway I worked a night shift last night so really need to get a couple of hours sleep before picking my daughter up.

take care everyone and have a good day!

It depends how you feel - your protein requirement will have gone up, certainly, as you will be building muscle. On exante the body is in ketosis, so it is geared to burning fat for energy and the more exercise you do the more fat has to be converted to ketones. I would be doing as you are and just having 3 packs plus good quality protein. Adding carbs with an extra pack would be counter productive I think as it would likely kick you out of ketosis, but the body can convert the extra protein to glucose if it's desperate.

Thank you for your reply! That makes sense!

weighed in yesterday and stay at 14.5 so lost 7lb this week. This is brill I think as I had a few wobbles!
Anyway as from today back on the diet properly.
Been doing 4-6 mile walks a day and doing one 8 mile walk a week, looking to join the gym as well!

Soooo I have to loose at least two stone by september, doable I think, even with factoring in 3 weekends off for birthdays xx

Back