Gem's Disney Diary

gemmybean

Sooooo here we are again, back at the start of a new weight loss journey - i know that this is what everyone says but i really want to do it this time. I know this plan works brilliantly i just need to get my head in the right place and actually do it. Last time i was motivated enough to loose a stone and a half on the plan which was brilliant until i took my eyes of the ball, and slowly but surely put all the weight back on again. The thing is that i'm not really actually THAT overweight, i mean i think i could probablay stand to loose about 2 stone or so, not much really. But in a way i think that thats what might be causing the problem, the fact that i keep thinking, 'well its only 28 pounds, it will be easy to loose that, i can do it when i want to' and then never actually doing it - if that makes sense.
I am defo going to have to go back over what the plan entails as its been quite a while since i last did extra easy, and i cant really rememeber what i have to do lol. So i'm going to try and look over the different threads on here so i can remind myself of what i have to do.
i'm considering signing up to slimming world online again, i wonder if it would be useful - i did use it occasionally last time and the syns calculator was quite useful. I have tried going to the classes before, and to be honest i really don't like going - i am generally quite quiet, and being forced to talk in these groups just fills me with dread.
So i'm going it alone - if anyone else is looking for a buddy i would really love to join up

Oh i should probo write a little about me - my name is gemma, i'm 30 and have been married to my lovely dh for 2 years (been together for about 10). My dh is supportive of my wanting to loose weight, though he tends to try and tempt me with take aways and lovely chocolate (grrrrr). He could probably stand to loose a little bit of weight himself so i am hoping that by changing my habits he will also begin to adopt a healthier diet. I love to cook, and try to cook pretty much everything from scratch, except for when i'm feeling lazy and break out the take away menus lol.
I feel that i am totally allergic to exercise, but really need to change this, i do have the 30 Day Shred at home which i can use but i think i will try and do something about my diet first, and then bring in a exercise at a later date.

Wow that is a seriously long post, if anyone is still with me please feel free to reply with any comments you may have (need all the help i can get lol)

oh just thought that i should probablay explain my diary title - basically my inital reason for wanting to loose weight, was because we were going to orlando last year, and i really wanted to loose weight for that - well it didn't happen, although i had an amazing time it would have been even better if i had of been a little slimmer. Sooooooo, my dh and i are REALLY hoping to go back again at the end of this year, and i really want to ensure that this time i am lighter........
Sooooo there ya go :cool:

VERY Jealous of the trip to disney! its on my (and OH's) list of places to go! We have got a wedding to go to in Malaysia early next year, so thats my goal (I do not want to wear a bikini in front of all those people looking how I look now!). I think its really good to have something to aim towards, everytime i think about bingeing on chocolate I think of that bikini haha!

Good luck hun - it'll all pay off in the end!

Awe thanks for replying, I know I am pretty lucky, but the trip to see the mouse isn't defo 100% yet. I can't wait until I can go into the travel agents and put down the deposit for the holiday.
Well yesterday was kinda good, I felt that I ate well, and managed to stay away from the chocolates which a lovely customer brought in as a thank you. Feel quite motivated at the moment, but I really need to start writing down what I'm eating as I'm finding it hard to think back and remember what I have had.
Looked at some of my holiday photos last night to try and keep myself motivated, also looked at the Disney brochure.
Hopefully today will also be a good day

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Soooo second day in and I think I'm doing ok, still feeling motivated and everything. Decided today that I was going to join sw online and see if that will give me a bit of support - finding it quite good so far but need to sit down and look at the different articles etc when I can.
Really am still hoping that we can go to Disney this year, I want to go for Halloween so we can go to the universal frightnite thing as we missed it by one day last year which was annoying. But a lot is riding on wether my dh is made permanent at his job. So fingers crossed, had another look on the Virgin website yesterday and am feeling all motivated again!!!! Nothing motivates more that the idea or running round a water park in a swim costume queuing for slides whilst having your picture taken by some hot young photopass guy believe me lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back