Georgie's Slimming World Diary

GeorgieGirl83

Hello all! Just wanted to start a diary of my slimming world journey. I am currently the heaviest I have been in my life after what feels like the last fifteen years on one diet or another! I have tried every diet under the sun now. Slimming World worked for me several years ago and I lost over two stones. But I started a new and very emotionally draining stressful job and my diet dropped to the bottom of my priority list and I have regained all the weight I lost and added another stone for good measure! I am now on a new career path and am doing a years teacher training course at university and feeling ready to tackle my weight now. I am 30 next summer and I also qualify as a teacher just before that, so I would like to meet my target by then. I have four stones minimum to lose. I am doing slimming world at home as I don't have time to get to meetings. All tips and support gratefully received! Xx

I have made it through day one! Yesterday I had:

Mushroom and garlic pasta n sauce - free
Salmon, mixed veg and new potatoes - free
Apple - free
Nectarine - free
Milk - HEA
French fries - 4 1/2 syns
Muller Greek cherry - 1/2 syn
Muller vanilla choc sprinkles with cherry - 2 syns
Horlicks sachets - 6 syns

Total - 13 syns

I feel like it went really well and I wasn't hungry. I prepared today's lunch last night so I wouldn't be rushing and get time for breakfast. Hopefully today - day 2 - will go as well. I have also bought the 30 Day Shred DVD and some weights so I will start that tonight - eek! Xx

GeorgieGirl83 said:
I have made it through day one! Yesterday I had:

Salmon, mixed veg and new potatoes - free
Apple - free
Nectarine - free
Milk - HEA
Muller Greek cherry - 1/2 syn
Muller vanilla choc sprinkles with cherry - 2 syns
Horlicks sachets - 6 syns

Total - 13 syns

I feel like it went really well and I wasn't hungry. I prepared today's lunch last night so I wouldn't be rushing and get time for breakfast. Hopefully today - day 2 - will go as well. I have also bought the 30 Day Shred DVD and some weights so I will start that tonight - eek! Xx

Sounds like a good first day to me :)
Good luck with the 30 day shred aswell xx

Thanks Hun it really is hard work but I feel like it's working? Saw you on stone to Xmas thread, how are you getting on?

Not had time to update on here last few days but sticking to extra easy plan. Went over on syns yesterday and had 17 oops but had under fifteen the other days so I'm hoping it won't matter.

GeorgieGirl83 said:
Thanks Hun it really is hard work but I feel like it's working? Saw you on stone to Xmas thread, how are you getting on?

Not had time to update on here last few days but sticking to extra easy plan. Went over on syns yesterday and had 17 oops but had under fifteen the other days so I'm hoping it won't matter.

2 syns wouldn't make a difference I don't think aslong as uv been good the other days ;) I just started yesterday hun was on the plan last year and lost a stone and a half but stopped going :( it fab isn't it! After a few days you can feel the difference :) xx

Yeah I did a similar thing and stopped going too. You live and learn though hey?! Least we know it works! I'm on my 4th day now and already feeling lot less bloated which is good. Only done the shred twice as got so much uni work to do but going to try and do it every day if I can as I feel so much better after exercising!

Yesterday

Banana - free
Milk (in about 5 cups of coffee!) - HEA
Apple - free
Muller Greek cherry yogurt - 1/2 syn
Mug shot chicken noodle - free
Asda wholemeal pitta - HEB
Small bag of carrot sticks - free
Tuna pasta salad and light Mayo - 3 syns
2 Ginger biscuits - 6 syns

Total - 14 syns

Going to try and eat more veg today!

So yesterday (day 5) went like this

HEA milk
HEB 3 slices brown weight watchers bread
Ham - free
French mustard - 1 syn
Cheesestring - 3 1/2 syns
Apple - free
White maltesers - not sure how many syns

Not enough fruit and veg and free food and too many syns. At least I'm at home for the weekend now so can plan more easily. I have no junk in the house to tempt me either! Going to a halloween disco tonight with family so making sure I have a big free meal before I go to avoid the sweets! Xx

Well yesterday went slightly wrong! Went to a Halloween disco with my daughter and family and ended up having a glass of wine and sone crisps! and then I did what I always do which is think 'well I've ruined it now so I'll keep going' and had mcdonalds chips on the way home! I'm drawing a line under it now and starting afresh today but I feel disappointed with myself. I'm started the 30 Day Shred properly today and try to do it every day like you are meant to! Xx

GeorgieGirl83 said:
Yeah I did a similar thing and stopped going too. You live and learn though hey?! Least we know it works! I'm on my 4th day now and already feeling lot less bloated which is good. Only done the shred twice as got so much uni work to do but going to try and do it every day if I can as I feel so much better after exercising!

Yesterday

Banana - free
Milk (in about 5 cups of coffee!) - HEA
Apple - free
Muller Greek cherry yogurt - 1/2 syn
Mug shot chicken noodle - free
Asda wholemeal pitta - HEB
Small bag of carrot sticks - free
Tuna pasta salad and light Mayo - 3 syns
2 Ginger biscuits - 6 syns

Total - 14 syns

Going to try and eat more veg today!

Hi I've a similar story to you and I've just come back although I've just started my new job and I'm very stressed and busy so I've found it hard to get back into it but I am determined to try! I want half a stone for Xmas really! I'm a slow loser! Hope your ok you see to be doing well! Join my thread if you like we can support each other :)

Stressed and busy sounds familiar! Thanks for your message I really need support! I'm not sure how to find your thread as I'm new to the site, any tips? Would like to join it. And half a stone is a great target, I'd like to get a stone off for Christmas if I can but I need to crack down properly now. First WI tomorrow but far too many syns going on this week lol xx

GeorgieGirl83 said:
Stressed and busy sounds familiar! Thanks for your message I really need support! I'm not sure how to find your thread as I'm new to the site, any tips? Would like to join it. And half a stone is a great target, I'd like to get a stone off for Christmas if I can but I need to crack down properly now. First WI tomorrow but far too many syns going on this week lol xx

I'm starting a fresh today! We can do it :)

Me too and yes we can! Glad to see you are doing red, I am struggling a little with EE as when I did SW before I always did red or green so find it hard to manage! Xx

GeorgieGirl83 said:
Me too and yes we can! Glad to see you are doing red, I am struggling a little with EE as when I did SW before I always did red or green so find it hard to manage! Xx

I'm trying red but it's hard to think of things

Baby-belle said:
I'm trying red but it's hard to think of things

Yes to be honest I mainly did green but I did find that I had better losses when I did more red days. I always struggled with lunches on red as I never had time to cook breakfast so that was one HEB gone and I needed carbs with my dinner to feel satisfied and not binge in the evening on crap, so id have a meat or fish salad for lunch but feel hungry all afternoon. Carb addict! X

GeorgieGirl83 said:
Yes to be honest I mainly did green but I did find that I had better losses when I did more red days. I always struggled with lunches on red as I never had time to cook breakfast so that was one HEB gone and I needed carbs with my dinner to feel satisfied and not binge in the evening on crap, so id have a meat or fish salad for lunch but feel hungry all afternoon. Carb addict! X

I'm exactly the same! Maybe we should both try do a week of red together and give each other ideas! I've just made soup and those fridge raiders are half a syn a pack! If you get peckish, it's hard as I never have time to cook breakfast either unless I'm on a late!

So today went well.

HEB 3 x ww bread
HEA milk
Banana - free
2 x Linda McCartney sausages - 4 syns
Brown sauce - 2 syns
Jacket potato x 2 small, loads of veggies, chicken breast, mushrooms - free
Half sachet of coq au vin mix - 3 1/2 syns
Mullerlight - free
Sugar free jelly - 1 syn
Fab - 4 1/2 syns

total - 15 syns

I also did the 30 Day Shred OW!

Plan ahead, right what meals you will have for the week ahead and stick to the shopping list (i find the list easier to stick to if i shop online haha). This always helps me. Good luck hun x

Back