Georgi's Size Ten Countdown Food Diary

xgeorgix

Today is my first day on slimming world. I've been doing calorie counting for nearly 3 months and lost 2 stone, it's great but I hate having to weigh everything and count my fruit and veg plus I miss pasta! So I signed up online last might and I'm doing it with my mum I've still got another three stone to loose so would appreciate any feedback on my diary.

I plan to doing a mix of green/red/extra easy but even on red & green to have 1/3 superfree. I also plan to exercise 4 times a week with a mixture of gym and swimming.

Green Day

Breakfast: 35g porridge (heB) made with water and a banana

Lunch: Salad (lettuce,rocket,tomato,onion,cucumber) with half a pack of savoury rice and a quarter of superfree quiche (cottage cheese,eggs,mushrooms,onions,peppers,garlic)

Dinner: chicken & mushroom pasta and sauce with mushrooms onions sweetcorn and 45g elf cheese (heA) a 60g wholemeal roll (heB) toasted and rubbed with garlic

Snacks: 3x coffee with a dash of milk (heA)
3 litres of sugar free squash
1 highlights hot chocolate 2 syns
1 pink & white wafer 2.5syns

Exercise: 30 minutes doing day 3 week 1 of couch to 5k on the treadmill, 15 minutes on the cross trainer, 15 minutes weights

Hello just thought I would say hi I am new and looking for support :)

I have a diary your welcome to follow

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Baby-belle said:
Hello just thought I would say hi I am new and looking for support :)

I have a diary your welcome to follow

Hi! I've found you and subscribed x

xgeorgix said:
Today is my first day on slimming world. I've been doing calorie counting for nearly 3 months and lost 2 stone, it's great but I hate having to weigh everything and count my fruit and veg plus I miss pasta! So I signed up online last might and I'm doing it with my mum I've still got another three stone to loose so would appreciate any feedback on my diary.

I plan to doing a mix of green/red/extra easy but even on red & green to have 1/3 superfree. I also plan to exercise 4 times a week with a mixture of gym and swimming.

Green Day

Breakfast: 35g porridge (heB) made with water and a banana

Lunch: Salad (lettuce,rocket,tomato,onion,cucumber) with half a pack of savoury rice and a quarter of superfree quiche (cottage cheese,eggs,mushrooms,onions,peppers,garlic)

Dinner: chicken & mushroom pasta and sauce with mushrooms onions sweetcorn and 45g elf cheese (heA) a 60g wholemeal roll (heB) toasted and rubbed with garlic

Snacks: 3x coffee with a dash of milk (heA)
3 litres of sugar free squash
1 highlights hot chocolate 2 syns
1 pink & white wafer 2.5syns

Exercise: 30 minutes doing day 3 week 1 of couch to 5k on the treadmill, 15 minutes on the cross trainer, 15 minutes weights

Hi Georgi. Just popping in to subscribe and say hi. :) Can't believe on your first day you were able to start using the green and red days. 6 weeks in, I still haven't figured out how to do them..oops!! Well done with all the exercise too - I keep saying I'm going to get up off my lazy ass but it has yet to happen!

sparkles37 said:
Hi Georgi. Just popping in to subscribe and say hi. :) Can't believe on your first day you were able to start using the green and red days. 6 weeks in, I still haven't figured out how to do them..oops!! Well done with all the exercise too - I keep saying I'm going to get up off my lazy ass but it has yet to happen!

Thanks! I tried slimming world Before briefly but wasn't In the right mindset and had a lot going on but I know it works so I'm back now! My mum did it for ages before extra easy so that's how I know there isn't a lot of information given now on red or green. I find it hard because I've recently moved back in my mum and so she cooks my dinner so both doing the same diet makes it easier! I'm trying to follow the principles of ee by having 1/3 superfree with all my meals and keeping it neutral for breakfast and lunch then I can have whatever mum cooks for dinner lol.

The only real difference of red and green is that you can have 2 healthy extra of each a&b and you have to stick to carbs on green days and meat on red. I will certainly be doing extra easy though because its so much easier! X

xgeorgix said:
Thanks! I tried slimming world Before briefly but wasn't In the right mindset and had a lot going on but I know it works so I'm back now! My mum did it for ages before extra easy so that's how I know there isn't a lot of information given now on red or green. I find it hard because I've recently moved back in my mum and so she cooks my dinner so both doing the same diet makes it easier! I'm trying to follow the principles of ee by having 1/3 superfree with all my meals and keeping it neutral for breakfast and lunch then I can have whatever mum cooks for dinner lol.

The only real difference of red and green is that you can have 2 healthy extra of each a&b and you have to stick to carbs on green days and meat on red. I will certainly be doing extra easy though because its so much easier! X

Ah I see, I was feeling really stupid for not being able to get my head around it! :) That's brill that your mum cooks SW-friendly dinners. I live at home at the mo and my mum is great for helping me with dinners. If I'm busy studying, she will cook a healthy dinner for me and has a pretty good idea of the plan now (even though she's tiny and is the sort of person who doesn't need to worry about her own weight). I know there are definitely days when another healthy extra would come in really handy, so I will eventually get around to figuring out those other plans! :) What day do you WI?

sparkles37 said:
Ah I see, I was feeling really stupid for not being able to get my head around it! :) That's brill that your mum cooks SW-friendly dinners. I live at home at the mo and my mum is great for helping me with dinners. If I'm busy studying, she will cook a healthy dinner for me and has a pretty good idea of the plan now (even though she's tiny and is the sort of person who doesn't need to worry about her own weight). I know there are definitely days when another healthy extra would come in really handy, so I will eventually get around to figuring out those other plans! :) What day do you WI?

What would we do without our parents eh? Lol I do like being able to have 2 healthy extras but I think following ee would make me choose healthier foods and think more about my choices so I'm going to do an ee day on Thursday! I weigh in on a Sunday at the moment, I'm doing sw online so I'm weighing in on the scales at the gym. What day do you weigh in? X

xgeorgix said:
What would we do without our parents eh? Lol I do like being able to have 2 healthy extras but I think following ee would make me choose healthier foods and think more about my choices so I'm going to do an ee day on Thursday! I weigh in on a Sunday at the moment, I'm doing sw online so I'm weighing in on the scales at the gym. What day do you weigh in? X

I know, I'm trying to start cooking more by myself so that I don't get such a shock to my system when I eventually finish college and move out! :) I do it online too. I weigh in on Wednesday morn in my pjs when I get up! :)

sparkles37 said:
I know, I'm trying to start cooking more by myself so that I don't get such a shock to my system when I eventually finish college and move out! :) I do it online too. I weigh in on Wednesday morn in my pjs when I get up! :)

That's a good idea! I really need to get some decent scales so I can weigh in at home then I can do it whenever I want - Sunday isn't ideal as I like to have a treat at the weekend! X

xgeorgix said:
That's a good idea! I really need to get some decent scales so I can weigh in at home then I can do it whenever I want - Sunday isn't ideal as I like to have a treat at the weekend! X

Hehe, I was actually thinking that when you said Sunday. I used to do Sunday WI at home when I did WW before but I like to have a few days to get back on track if I've gone over at the weekend! :D

Been off work today the plan was to go to the gym but my legs ache so bad from yesterday - really need to get some decent running shoes! So I've spent the day trawling this site and the ww site for recipies and ideas then been shopping for essentials. Now have a cupboard and fridge full of Alpen lights, free yogurts, ryvita crackerbreads etc. Then I made potato & parsnip soup for lunch tomorrow and froze the rest and a syn free homous to put on my crackerbreads.

I've also been really sad and created a spreadsheet with all the syns on for things I eat/ want most and for eating out then ill always have it with me on my phone too! Done another spreadsheet to use as a diary so I can tick off my healthy extras and it adds my syns up for me throughout the week. If you haven't guessed I'm a bit obsessed with being organised lol. As for today's food;

Breakfast; banana

Lunch; Savoury rice salad (lettuce, rocket, cucumber, tomato, onion)
Dinner; Quorn & sweetcorn creamy pasta bake (sauce made from tinned tomato pasatta garlic salt fromage frai and quark) topped with cheese (heA)

Snacks; Quorn & sweetcorn creamy pasta bake (sauce made from tinned tomato pasatta garlic salt fromage frai and quark) topped with cheese (heA)

Total syns: 2

Weekly syns; 6.5/105

Really need to use more syns up each day. I'm so used to saving up for one big treat but I only want to do this now when I have a big night out planned!

sparkles37 said:
Hehe, I was actually thinking that when you said Sunday. I used to do Sunday WI at home when I did WW before but I like to have a few days to get back on track if I've gone over at the weekend! :D

Yup exactly my thoughts. I have Sunday off every week my other day off varies so its the only day I can guarantee I can get to the gym at the same time to WI. Will look into decent scales as the ones I have upstairs are way off! (Even though I'm half a stone lighter on them lol) x

Oh my God, I can so relate!! :) I love being organised too. I used to get teased all the time in college and work because I'm always making lists, setting reminders, doing graphs/tables, etc... I have all the syns entered into an app on my iPad, and have a table of my weight loss (and what I need to lose) on my fridge and another table in my study room with all the days to Christmas which I color in if I'm 100% on the day!! :)

That's great that you've loads of foods prepared, planning ahead really does make such a big difference.

sparkles37 said:
Oh my God, I can so relate!! :) I love being organised too. I used to get teased all the time in college and work because I'm always making lists, setting reminders, doing graphs/tables, etc... I have all the syns entered into an app on my iPad, and have a table of my weight loss (and what I need to lose) on my fridge and another table in my study room with all the days to Christmas which I color in if I'm 100% on the day!! :)

That's great that you've loads of foods prepared, planning ahead really does make such a big difference.

I get teased at work too! They call me Monica from friends haha nice to know I'm not alone! The chart sounds good I have one on sw online so might print that off and stick up somewhere! Oh my gosh it scares me to think how many days until Christmas! I really would like to loose a stone by then fingers crossed x

xgeorgix said:
I get teased at work too! They call me Monica from friends haha nice to know I'm not alone! The chart sounds good I have one on sw online so might print that off and stick up somewhere! Oh my gosh it scares me to think how many days until Christmas! I really would like to loose a stone by then fingers crossed x

Haha, good to find someone else the same alright! I know, I had a bit of a freak out recently when I realised how close it is to Christmas - I wanted to get another stone off by then too but I don't think it's going to happen. Oh well, all we can do is our best between now & then - we'll definitely be slimmer than right now anyway! :)

sparkles37 said:
Haha, good to find someone else the same alright! I know, I had a bit of a freak out recently when I realised how close it is to Christmas - I wanted to get another stone off by then too but I don't think it's going to happen. Oh well, all we can do is our best between now & then - we'll definitely be slimmer than right now anyway! :)

Yup that's a good way to look at things I get disappointed with staying the same or loosing very little but have to remember I'm in it for the long run. Plus I'm expecting a gain for the first few weeks as Ill be eating more but better foods than I was on calorie counting so that will put me back a few weeks xx

I was queen of sts on sw when I did it before I think I got to something like 8 months lol

Baby-belle said:
I was queen of sts on sw when I did it before I think I got to something like 8 months lol

Wow well done for sticking with it! I know I would of given up by then! X

Back