Gerry's Diary - 60lbs off, 20% achieved!

G-Man

٩(●˛•̃)۶
Ok so I've been a lurker for a while whilst I got my bearings about me and have now decided it's time to sort out a diary of the goings on in my rather mundane life while I endeavour to rid myself of "Fat Gerry" and become a slicker more thinner Gerry.

WW is new to me and if you find I'm doing anything wrong, please let me know. I do it on my own and don't attend meetings so I'm always eager to listen to tips from you "old timers" :p and long standing weight watchers, so to speak.

Feel free to drop by anytime and comment, you are more than welcome.

Last edited:
I suppose I should say that two of my best finds so far on WW have to be the WW Tomato soup, which I eat regularly for lunch as it's handy to heat up and Tesco's light choices prawn cocktail with loads of lettuce and cherry tomatoes. These have been a god send so far and great discoveries imo.

Last edited:
Hey Gerry! Yay you have a diary. I am pleased. Well done on your fab weight loss to date. I do WW from home too so if you need anything just give me a shout. You'll pick up loads of great hints on here. Take care and good luck. xxx

Thanks Saski, I may just take you up on that offer when I'm looking for inspiration! ;)

Last edited:
Anytime my dear :) xx

morning Gerry :D welcome to WW - like Saski says if you need anything, shout her ( ;) just kidding - ask any of us :) )

if you're a soup-er for lunch, batchelors do their own light versions of condensed tomato soup and chicken soup.. they're often on offer in Asda / Tesco for about 50p a tin and they're really nice and they work out i think max 2.5 for a tin (tomato - chicken is 2)

also the Heinz big soup Beef and Mushroom flavour is divine (by far my favourite soup ever! :p) and only 3 points for the entire tin - nice if you fancy something a bit different - love chunky soups :)

also, noticed you've already dropped almost a stone and a half - well done! was that with WW or did you just start now? :)

have a great day anyway :) x

Welcome to the WW section Gerry. You have made a superb start and its no problem doing ti from home, I did and so did many others and there is loads of support to be had on here, just shout anytime

M

noticed you've already dropped almost a stone and a half - well done! was that with WW or did you just start now? :)

Hi Rach, thanks for your comments.

Yeah it has all been with WW. Think I'm averaging about 3lb a week so I'm chuffed with that. The funny thing is I have eaten rubbish food for most of my adult life and I am stunned at how much I am actually enjoying eating all this "healthy food" :) I have also introduced some power walking on my 4 yr old (never used) treadmill and have Wii Fit Plus also. Working in an office and travelling a lot at the weekends makes it hard to fit in the exercise, but I'm determined!

Just done half a mile at incline 1 and speed 3.6 (whatever that means) but havent collapsed yet :)

I'm off now to eat my turkey rashers in toast before I head off to work.

Last edited:
Welcome to the WW section Gerry. You have made a superb start and its no problem doing it from home, I did and so did many others and there is loads of support to be had on here, just shout anytime

Thanks CCPM for your words of encouragement. Sometimes it's just this type of thing that stops me from being weak.

Thanks for dropping by!

Last edited:
Morning & welcome gerry!

I too have done ww all alone at home with nothing but a few mags & the help the girls on here & im in the final stages with only a few pounds to go.

Ww tom soup used to be my fav but i ate far too much of it & have gone off it now! also did the same with the ww choc mousse..i used to buy it in bulk! ha ha.

I discovered the other week that Pugso had posted a ww points finder on here & its the best thing ever..dont know whether you have 1 already?

Anyway good luck with your journey & any Qs just ask away!

Hi there Charly, thanks for the kind welcome.

I have already taken lots of inspiration from all of you on here and it was this site that actually made me consider WW as I found minimins whilst looking into bypass surgery. At that stage I was convinced that surgery was the only way to go but reading diaries and looking at before and after stories on here helped me to give WW a try and it is the best thing I have done in a long time! The people on here are so helpful and at any time during the day I just have to login here to get inspired or to enquire about points etc. The community have been very welcoming and I hope that through time, maybe I can also inpsire people.

Hi & welcome Gerry
Well done on your losses so far you are doing really well

Morning Gerry and welcome. WW is a great diet and you seem to have already had some good losses so well done for that. I have done ww both at classes and at home and it really does work. You will get lots of help,advice and support on here as you probably already know!!
I fancied a change and am currently following Slimming World but have made so many friends on the ww section that i have kept a diary here,i guess that says it all about how good this board is!!

Morning Gerry

I wish I was as controlled as you to do it at home alone! I need the WW meeting to ensure I stay on track, it's my comfort blanket. My success so far is down to planning, I plan everything. Last night went out to friends for a birthday tea, I know my friend was going to lay on a good spread so I took my own WW wine and enjoyed a glass and I brought my own WW sandwich with WW crisps. No-one noticed as I didn't make a big deal of it and I used my friends plate so I didn't look out of place. Some may say this is extreme but this is how it works for me and I am so determined that WW will be the change of lifestyle I need that I am sticking to it 100%.
I wish you luck and if you need any support we are all here. :D

Morning Gerry and welcome.
Thanks Mom!
I looked at SW myself as my sister lost 3 stone on it but I think WW won me over as it is so easy to count points and use the ready meals for proper portion sizes. That's probably were I went wrong in my past... portion sizes, as I am not a big sweet & cake eater and I don't drink bar the odd special occasion, but big meals and eating late at night have definitely been my downfall. Oh yeah and of course the lack of exercise :rolleyes:

But I truly believe that to succeed at this you need to have the right mindset and lose the weight for yourself, not a partner or anyone else. It was only when I made a promise to myself that I was going to lose weight that things started to get easier.

Of course, my daughter saying that my grandson would need me to play football with him, and the way I was going I wouldn't be around to see him growing up had a devastating effect on me and perhaps was the one kick in the butt that made me wake up and smell the coffee (skinny latte of course! :)) so to speak.

Hiya Gerry, Well done on your 18lbs loss. I started just over 4 weeks ago. I'm also doing WW at home with just a few books. I've also considered surgery, but 2 things put me off. Having an operation, and the price. I thought I'd give this a go 1st, and it seems to be working. It's going to take a long time, but I'm getting used to it already

Morning Gerry
Hi Bee, thank you for making me so welcome!
I wish you luck and if you need any support we are all here. :D
I prefer to do it without the meetings as my lifestyle and work prevent me from planning too much in advance.

My wife also started the same time as me but she hasn't started an exercise programme as yet but has still lost 12lbs in 6 weeks, which I think is a great achievement. She doesn't use this site but I do tell her how brilliant everyone is and how it inspires me. She does use the info that I pick up on here about points and discoveries and she is happy enough doing it her way.

So I'm not exactly on my own and we both work together so we lunch together as well which makes it easy to keep on track as it can sometimes be tempting when other workers go to the chippy or chinese at lunchtime and then sit and eat it in front of us. But we just carry on with our WW soup or salad or whatever it may be for that day.

She also has drawn up a spreadsheet where I input my points as I go along and helps me keep a journal of what works and what doesn't.

So in a way we have our own small meetings and weigh-ins! :)

Hiya Gerry, Well done on your 18lbs loss. I started just over 4 weeks ago. I'm also doing WW at home with just a few books. I've also considered surgery, but 2 things put me off. Having an operation, and the price. I thought I'd give this a go 1st, and it seems to be working. It's going to take a long time, but I'm getting used to it already

Hiya Star!

Well done on your magnificient start on the way to "the new you!"

I guess when I was looking at the bypass option I kinda felt desperate and tbh at that stage I was very emotionally unbalanced and I am so glad now that I didn't take any extreme action as I have now found the solution in WW. Surgery would really only be a last option for me now but I am delighted with WW and the support on here and feel that for the first time in my life I am in charge of my own destiny and it feels awesome!

Like, how could I not want to be around and able to play football with this little guy?

best_dylan.jpg

aww totally gorgeous wee fella xx

Back