Get slim or cry trying!!!

flix

And I have cried!!! But I've also been reading MiniMins and it has inspired me and cheered me up no end, so I feel the time is right to take the plunge, sign up, and start my diary.

Let me start from the beginning...

... I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. I've been a minimum of a size sixteen since I was about fifteen years old (I'm now 25) and I'm currently almost the biggest I've ever been, at a size 20+ (though I refuse to buy clothes in a 22!!) I have lived in a vicious circle for so long (eating rubbish, putting on weight, then feeling down because I'm big and eating more junk as comfort food!!) that I got to a point of not knowing how I'd ever break it.

I was a 16/18 until recently - I've been in a happy relationship for the past two years and settled into the comfortable 'I love you no matter what size you are', takeaways-on-the-sofa, going out for drinks and dinner every weekend type routine. Then about seven months ago I moved to a new city for work and my boyfriend didn't join me for four months (he was looking for a new job) and I completely lost the plot with a) eating alone every night and not bothering to cook properly and b) comfort eating for England because I was lonely and miserable in my new town. Long story short, I put on over two stone in less than six months.

Then, thank goodness, a few weeks ago something just clicked. I've done SW before and lost a stone and a half in a couple of months so I know it works, and I decided to join again. Two days later I was walking into a class and weighed in at an embarrassing 17 stone, 8 and a half pounds.

I have now had three weigh-ins and lost a total of nine and a half pounds (5.5, then 2, then 2). Whilst I know this is great, and I am really pleased, I somehow feel like even more of a hippo than I did before I started!!

I'm going to a wedding on Saturday (old uni friend of the OH that I've never met) and this past weekend I thought 'hmm, better try my dress on just to make sure it's OK'. So tried on the dress I had for a wedding last summer and, unsurprisingly in hindsight, it didn't fit. Not just 'ooh I've had a couple of big dinners and the zip won't quite go up' - more like, wow, I need another metre of fabric for the zip to be even close to fastening.

Now I think about it I have no idea why I surprised. But it really affected me!!! I think I was in denial about my size and weight gain before, and that just shoved it home with a massive slap around the chops. Add to that my late-Sunday-afternoon dash around the shops in the rain to find a half-decent dress to wear, and I was pretty miserable.

So, whilst my boyfriend has been genuinely amazing and so supportive, I don't know if that's enough. I've been hovering around the forum since I joined SW and read some inspiring stories and some lovely words - and I decided it was time to sign up and jump in to offer support to others, and hopefully receive some in response.

So thank you for reading my rambling so far, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully achieve our dreams together :)

Looking back on my first post I sound like such a whiner!

So - no more self-indulgent moaning. As much positivity as I can muster! Because despite my fears I had such a fantastic time at the wedding, met new people, and despite eating and drinking far too much (they kept coming round with champagne and orange juice, I figured orange juice had syns as well so I might as well have the champagne... ;-)) I managed to maintain my weight because I followed plan before and after the weekend.

I had another wedding on Saturday so fingers crossed I can do the same!!

I need to rein it in and start planning what I'm eating again - today was a bit off plan as had a panini for lunch ( got back yesterday after the shops had shut and nothing in to make pack up) but getting organised for tomorrow.

Extra Easy day

Breakfast - 2 x Weetabix (HExB) with a dash of skimmed milk (1 syn)

Lunch - rocket salad with cherry tomatoes, pastrami, feta cheese (HExA) and black olives (1 syn).

Dinner - salmon cooked in one of those bag sachets (lemon and dill, totally delish - 1 syn) with SW patatas braves and veggies

Snacks - Pom bears (5 syns), apple, toffee muller light

Total syns = 8.

Yum :)

Food today:

Extra easy day

No breakfast - naughty!!

Lunch - leftover SW patatas bravas with rocket salad, feta cheese (HExA), olives (1 syn), pastrami and cherry tomatoes

Dinner - chicken done in a herby seasoning (2 syns) with packet rice (1 syn - OH is cooking and apparently he is incapable of cooking normal rice...) and pan friend asparagus

Snacks - Pom bears (5 syns), apple, banana, mullerlight

Total syns = 9

Just need to find a HExB somewhere...

Ahhh it's so sunny today!! Totally gorge!!

Food today:

Green day

Breakfast - none again!!! I never used to eat it but with SW got into the habit. I need to start having it again.

Lunch - rocket salad with feta cheese (HEx A), cherry tomatoes, pastrami (HExB) and olives (1 syn). I was starving (probably thanks to no breakfast :() so also had some soup and a roll. The soup wasn't creamy but still not ideal.

Dinner - Quorn bolognaise stuffed with carrots, mushrooms and courgette with spaghetti

Snacks - Pom bears (5 syns), banana

Total syns = 6 plus unknown amount for soup and roll

Bolognaise is currently bubbling away on the stove, smells delicious!! Waiting for OH to get home to eat.

Weighed in this morning...

... Lost one and a half pounds!!!

Mega chuffed with that after chippy and KFC last weekend!!

11 pounds down now, 3 pounds to my stone award - hmmm, can I do it this week - I think so!! :D

Well done on your loss :D

Well done on the loss! x

Well done on your loss :D

Thank you both!!!

As part of my mission to lose 3lbs this week and get my stone award, I have raided my magazines and written out a five day eating plan that is now stuck on the kitchen cupboard!! My consultant always talks about the 7 day menus and how they can help with a good loss, I've never used the because there's always things I won't eat... But I've mixed and matched so got a good selection across the week!!

Today:

Extra Easy fay

Breakfast: Wholemeal toast (HExB) with baked beans

Lunch: Mugshot with a rocket salad, containing cherry tomatoes, olives (1 syn), ham and feta cheese (HExA)

Dinner: Chicken casserole from the new magazine, with rice

Snacks: Pom bears (five syns) and a punned of raspberries.

In other news - is it Friday yet?! How is it only Monday!! I am tempted by a little glass of vino...hmm, how many syns in a glass of white??

Thank you both!!!

As part of my mission to lose 3lbs this week and get my stone award, I have raided my magazines and written out a five day eating plan that is now stuck on the kitchen cupboard!! My consultant always talks about the 7 day menus and how they can help with a good loss, I've never used the because there's always things I won't eat... But I've mixed and matched so got a good selection across the week!!

Today:

Extra Easy fay

Breakfast: Wholemeal toast (HExB) with baked beans

Lunch: Mugshot with a rocket salad, containing cherry tomatoes, olives (1 syn), ham and feta cheese (HExA)

Dinner: Chicken casserole from the new magazine, with rice

Snacks: Pom bears (five syns) and a punned of raspberries.

In other news - is it Friday yet?! How is it only Monday!! I am tempted by a little glass of vino...hmm, how many syns in a glass of white??

175ml 6.0 syns
250ml 8.5 syns
bottle about 26 syns

;) x

Thank you! I think... Oh dear :-/ I had the best part of 40 syns at the wedding last weekend then!! Not to mention the champagne!! Oops x

Back