Get the tape measure out!

*Emsie*

Gold Member
With lots of newbies and re-starters and new exercise regimes just thought I would suggest getting the tape measure out to take our measurements.(or use a piece of string and see how that starts to wrap round you when it didn't before!)
The plan works and we will lose those lbs if we stick to it but sometimes it shows on the tape measure when it doesn't on the scales and then can help show us light at the end of a tunnel like when we have started new exercise routines and our bodies adjust etc
Off to do mine now :)

me too!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just doing mine now.

Ochy this tape measure is cold!!!

Good idea to suggest this, i wish i'd done it from the beginning of my weightloss.

:)

I've lost 4 inches off my waist in 4 months. Quite impressive seeing as I have done no exercise and it is purely SW that has done that!

I wish I'd measured at the start, I really regret not doing! I know I've lost a lot in terms of inches but I'd love to know exactly how much. I'm going to measure when I get my 4.5 stone award (hopefully next week!) as that's just over half way (give or take a few lbs) to target.

So I'd encourage everyone just starting to take some measurements, it's the one thing I would change if I was starting again. x

The last time I took my measurements was on 8/10/12 according to my book lol and at that point I had lost: 1st 5lbs, 5 inches off my waist and 4 inches off my hips in 8 weeks :D
Must get hubby to measure me now I've regained my 2 stone award x

I think this is a great idea - really positive step for people when they get a STS and feel demotivated. I am starting the 30DS (eeeekkkk) and although I only have 2lb left to go to my current target, I am going to measure to see how much os a difference the exercise makes to me. (MrsWilsonCroft) inspired me to do this form her amazing results!

Well I got the tape measure out today and in 5 months I've lost:

* 2st 2.5lbs
* 7 inches off my waist
* 6 inches off my hips

Plus my stomach is looking very flat :D so happy and motivated to get the last 4.5lbs off to reach target :D

I also took my measurements today. It's strange as in the mirror I look quite proportionate. My measurements show my hips are bigger than I thought. Lol!

My waist is 30.5inches. I haven't gained any weight in the past 3 months. But I stopped exercising as I injured my foot. But 3 months ago my waist was 28.5 inches. That's a 2 inch waist gain in 3 months. I am so glad My foot is better lol

Back