• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more



Getting a prescription?

*lil*

Gold Member
#1
Hi
I'm sending my husbands to the Dr's on Thursday to try and ask for xenical. His BMI is around 33. He's lost 2 stones on his own but he has stalled for over 4 weeks now.
Our dr's don't have a weightloss clinic or a dr that specialises in weight loss.
How did you get your prescription? Did you ask for it or was it offered?

Just wondered how successful he'd be at getting it.

Thanks
 
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
#3
Hi

I was offered them by the doc some months ago and didn't take up the offer, but decided a few weeks ago to start them. I saw the practice nurse and she gave me a prescription for them.
K x
 

*lil*

Gold Member
#4
alongwaytogo said:
Hi

I was offered them by the doc some months ago and didn't take up the offer, but decided a few weeks ago to start them. I saw the practice nurse and she gave me a prescription for them.
K x
Thanks I don't think our dr is very helpful that's all!
 
Last edited:

bunny_hops

Violet is shrinking
#5
he is doing really well ... is he sure he wants to go for the tablets .. nasty side effects !!!

Sorry, but I feel what you've just said, could people the wrong impression of Xenical. I've been taking Xenical for a year and I've NEVER experienced any nasty side effect.

If you follow the rules, and watch the fat, you shouldn't experience any side effects that effect the bowel. ;)
 
#6
not saying it's no good i've done it myself ... but didn't agree with me ... but you do have to be very careful with intake of fat cos it can cause unpleasant side effects - and he has done so well on his own :))))
 

*lil*

Gold Member
#8
sammyd said:
sure if you explain to him, he will hand them over!.. its in there interests after all..
sam....x
Thanks x fingers crossed!!
 

*lil*

Gold Member
#9
Angry eyes are in!!
Dr won't prescribe hubby xenical as he says it's 'Un healthy' er hello! So is having a BMI of 34!!??!
He says he would only prescribe it for a very high BMI! So basically on one hand he's too 'fat' for us to have ivf and not fat enough for xenical lol

The NHS infuriates me at times - I know 2 people taking xenical and having fab results, they just strolled into their dr's and were given it!
Looks like I'll have to buy him some Alli instead :-(
 

sammyd

Full Member
#10
Angry eyes are in!!
Dr won't prescribe hubby xenical as he says it's 'Un healthy' er hello! So is having a BMI of 34!!??!
He says he would only prescribe it for a very high BMI! So basically on one hand he's too 'fat' for us to have ivf and not fat enough for xenical lol

The NHS infuriates me at times - I know 2 people taking xenical and having fab results, they just strolled into their dr's and were given it!
Looks like I'll have to buy him some Alli instead :-(
really dont believe that..omg!
i was just given it, as were many people!.. take you 5 mins to change doc,s is that an option?.. ive seen sites that sell xenical and its bloody expensive!..
 

*lil*

Gold Member
#11
sammyd said:
really dont believe that..omg!
i was just given it, as were many people!.. take you 5 mins to change doc,s is that an option?.. ive seen sites that sell xenical and its bloody expensive!..
Yeh I know! Crazy isn't it! Hubby asked for them a while back and they wouldn't let him then!

Might swop to another dr's like you suggested!
 
#12
Could you talk to another Dr in the practice first? Our Practice Nurse was all for losing weight through diet & exercise but one of the GPs is more 'sympathetic' and offered me Xen a while ago to see if it would help me leave my plateau - I agreed last week. I don't think the others Drs there would have prescribed it.
 

bunny_hops

Violet is shrinking
#13
I think you should book to see a different doctor,and go from there.

Xenical isn't unhealthy at all, it's not like other weight loss drugs, Xenical doesn't touch the bloodstream for one thing.

Alli is the other option, although it's not the full dose, maybe you could explain to a different doctor that you'd rather he had the real thing and be monitored by a doctor rather than use Ali and have no medical support from a doctor?

How much does he have to loose? I don't know how he feels about tfr, or a stage down from tfr, but that is a equall is money to Alli and the results are quicker, some loose a stone in a week..what about combining slim fast with a healthy meal, sometimes a good change kick starts the weight loss again..I recommend green tea also, either in teabag or capsule form.

Good luck with this!
 

*lil*

Gold Member
#14
bunny_hops said:
I think you should book to see a different doctor,and go from there.

Xenical isn't unhealthy at all, it's not like other weight loss drugs, Xenical doesn't touch the bloodstream for one thing.

Alli is the other option, although it's not the full dose, maybe you could explain to a different doctor that you'd rather he had the real thing and be monitored by a doctor rather than use Ali and have no medical support from a doctor?

How much does he have to loose? I don't know how he feels about tfr, or a stage down from tfr, but that is a equall is money to Alli and the results are quicker, some loose a stone in a week..what about combining slim fast with a healthy meal, sometimes a good change kick starts the weight loss again..I recommend green tea also, either in teabag or capsule form.

Good luck with this!
Yeh thanks x I think he's going to use Alli until he swops doctors. They gave him gym membership so that should help him stay focussed. He has 1st 10lbs to go bit we go on holiday soon :) so that could go up ;-)
 


Similar threads