Getting back into it - its all mind over matter

unreal83

Want to be a yummy mummy!
I've had a brain-wave and am just kinda thinking out loud - I dont know if anyone will agree with this theory?

Well, I've had so much past experience myself with the whole starting and stopping thing, whether its just because you had a bad weekend and needed a break willing to get back into it on Monday, you had a holiday, a wedding, a birthday etc...its all reason that we should have a break because really when it comes down to it, we ARE dieting, but sometimes you cant worry and you need to have fun and let your hair down.

I think if you know that you are going to have a break coming up you have to mentally prepare yourself for it and prepare yourself that you are starting again on the following day/Monday whenever; I think people too often push it to the back of their minds and say yer im starting again that day and then when the day comes they are like oh god yes right todays the day i start again, and its a bit of a shock to the system.

What I am getting at, is this, its ALL about mind over matter - we all know this as its proven when we have good days we do not feel hungry and when we have bad days we want food - we aren't actually hungry but we aren't right in our heads so we think we are.

SO

I think what I PERSONALLY am going to do is this:-

• Have my break from 2nd July - 6th July (my mid summer CD holiday I shall call it)
  • Start again on 7th - with a new ticker, a new signature and a new goal.
  • Completely FORGET I have been doing it for 6 weeks or so and tell myself its a new start - so I do not dwell on how well I did last time etc (this was what helped me to get back into it this time)
  • Totally refresh my mind
I think this will work for me - so far on this diet I think I've actually been really focussed because I have TOLD myself that I am going to do it. I was worried about AAM week and then coming off of that and coming back onto SS but I just TOLD myself NO MORE chicken today its SS again Lauren - and I listened to myself. I am quite impressed that I listened and I feel like i've disciplined myself.

Does this all make sense - or does it sound like the rantings of a mad woman?

Yes it might sound easier said than done - but I think if people actually prepare themselves in their heads it shouldnt be as hard.

I am going to start a new wagon on 7th July, I will have 8 weeks till my holiday and I want to be 10 stone for that.

Thanks for listening - all views welcome?

xxxx

hi again!

maybe i need to get rid of my 'old' tickers and start afresh and stop dwelling on how well i did ss first time around...

mmm got me thinking. can i part from my trusty tickers!!!!

Of course you can keep your old tickers but what Im getting at is that its all about refreshing and reprogramming our minds and getting ourselves on a new journey!

I think whilst we are all here to help the ones that struggle, it really puts a negative spin on the whole "getting back into it thing" dont get me wrong its ok to have a moan and say you are struggling, but if we start to turn this around and TELL ourselves we can do it and NO it is not hard as we ALL want to get to goal and we will stick together and do it, it wont be such a daunting thing!

If we expect its going to be hard then we will believe it is hard - but the more we believe we will succeed then the better we will do in that first week back - no picking or eating because hey its a new chapter!

Power of suggestion? Or am i getting too deep now?

Just something I thought about.... x

I like the idea of the new ticker and that. think im might do that myself as finding it hard yet again. im not gonna go on because i know it my own fault and i know peeps sick of me going on!! one more weekend of and thats me fin cd until im slim :)

If we expect its going to be hard then we will believe it is hard - but the more we believe we will succeed then the better we will do in that first week back - no picking or eating because hey its a new chapter!

I wiped the slate clean and started afresh and I do think it does make a difference mentally.

Good thread!

Love Mini xxx

soo right mini, this is what im going to do after my trip to london im coming back and starting frest new ticker the works :) brill idea unreal

done it... felt hard deleting all my weekly losses but i have done it now and will stop dwelling on my past successes and look forward to my new ones!

heres to my ultimate goal rather than 3 seperate ones!

thanks for the suggestion L. i think it will help me big time

xxxx

Yep - new ticker - new journey - none of this ohh god its so hard im "getting back into it" NOPE you are starting afresh.

Of course others may think shut up Unreal its not as black and white as that but Im just trying to implement a new theory which may change peoples way of thinking.

I may eat my hat on the week commencing 7th July but Im gonna give it a bloody good go!

Also - I mentally prepared myself for the first month by preparing hobbies for myself and telling everyone I was going to hibernate if I wanted to! This really helped me. You have to do what makes you happy (just dont eat!)

Hi there,
I think this is a great idea. I am going away next week for 5 days. I was reading everyones posts that are going on holiday and sticking to SS I think its amazing that people can do that, to me it would not be an enjoyable holiday if I did! so I was really worried about coming back and not being able to get back into it on the Monday. BUt after your suggestion this is what I am going to do have a brand new start!
Thanks for this and feeling much more positive about starting AGAIN next monday!!

Hi there,
I think this is a great idea. I am going away next week for 5 days. I was reading everyones posts that are going on holiday and sticking to SS I think its amazing that people can do that, to me it would not be an enjoyable holiday if I did! so I was really worried about coming back and not being able to get back into it on the Monday. BUt after your suggestion this is what I am going to do have a brand new start!
Thanks for this and feeling much more positive about starting AGAIN next monday!!

Im so pleased this has been taken in the way intended - good luck!!! Be positive!

xxxx

You are definitely right Unreal. On CD we suceed and slip in our heads.
It is important to hold on to the postitives and if we make a mistake not to beat ourselves up but instead psyche ourselves up and get to a good place mentally where we can actually enjoy all the perks from CD, weighloss, energy,no more hangovers:))) (or is that too much....?)

I think its a really good approach. I also think on this diet when people are struggling/taking a break/restarting/have a slip-up we have to search within ourselves for that trigger, that thread of positivity that will keep us moving forwards with this diet. What works for one may not work for another but i think its important for each of us to realise we are all individual, and whilst one may be able to dust themselves off & get right back on it, another may have to dig mightily deep. So long as we remember that it is inside of us, that drive & determination, we just have to work out the best way to bring it to the fore & utilise it once more. Your idea for doing this Unreal is an excellent one.
I also totally agree with the concept of planning an unavoidable break, rather than just let it happen & its something i have discussed at length with my own CD. If you have a strategy in place then you're less likely to panic when the time comes & let all the good intentions go out the window. By thinking & planning ahead you can come up with a variety of possible solutions to possible obstacles along the way, some of which may work and some which may not.

Good thread x

What a great idea. I'm nearly in tears at the moment as I was at the "thin place" a few months back and I do keep referring back to my old achievements.

I've also had some hypnotherapy in the past and think I might go back over those and listen to them again. Thanks again, I do feel a little less sad.

Bren

I think this is the way for me too as i'm struggling. My CDC is away next week for a couple of weeks and i've all but stopped diet. I dont want to worry about it, i'm going to eat healthy (i'm finding it hard not to have homemade veg soup, fresh fruit etc) and get my self back into gear for when she returns and really really try to SS for a month which will just about get me to target. Great thread and the fact other people are agreeing with you i now know i can do this without being guilty.

Back