Getting back on track...actually I wasn't on track in the first place!!

Sophieeee

Not sure whether anyone is actually going to read this as there are SO many threads however if you are hey :)

I'm currently 9st 6lbs and have been for the last two years, I have kidded myself that I have 'followed' Slimming World for the last 6months..the key word being kidding haha anyway tomorrow is the day I start!! (for the 1000 time!) but this time I am determind.

So I thought maybe if I posted and wrote down everything I wrote, it would help me see where I am going right...or wrong :rolleyes: and some 'experts' or well experienced slimming world followers could give advice!

I'd really appreciate it..bring on tomorrow! :D

Hi Sophie.
I'm not experienced in sw or an expert! But I posted a thread asking people if their food diarys really helped and all the responses I relieved were positive, so I decided to start mine on Monday.

I'm 20, 5ft and 9st9lbs. I would live to get down to 8st2lbs but I know that is a long way off yet!

Like you I am young and do LOVE a few drinks at the weekend and the odd takeaway. I have no timeframe in which I would like to lose my weight as I know I do get very tempted at weekends and I'm enjoying my time (we are trying for a baby and I would love to be a mum more than anything but we will never be alone again!) and as long as I make the best decisions at the weekend and stay on plan during the week I feel ok. If I do see no difference then ill have to get my head in the game and have no social life!

Anyway ill stop yapping on..
But I'm always here if you need anything (check the site every chance I get!) and I'm happy to help if I can x

Sent from my iPhone
Pebbles xx

Hiyaaaa :)
First day and already my boyfriend and a few friends have invited themselves round for a 'few cheeky drinks' (quote my best friend) however I am going to try and stick to vodka and diet coke...we shall see haha! :rolleyes:

Like you though I'm not really worried about how fast I lose weight, I just want to have a healthy relationship with food, that sounds so weird..but I've got into the bad habit of eating my body weight in chocolate one day and then starving myself the next day which isn't great! Planning on going to university in September and I'l be self catered so just want to be able to eat sensibly.. but like you said I still need to live haha there is no way I am sitting in feeling sorry for myself when everyone else is out..everything in moderation :D

So far today I've had
Breakfast: Mullerlight and banana
Snack: Alpen Light (half hexb)
Lunch: Jacket potato and beans with salad
Snack: Alpen Light( half hexb), Ryvita Minis (hexb) and melon
Dinner: will be vegetable risotto off the slimming world website

and then of course my alcoholic beverages later which will probably be 10syns?! well that's the plan!

Thanks in advance for your help, nice to speak to people around the same age as me :)

I haven't yet spoke to anyone the same age.. We will probably relate to each other better!

That's what I drink now. 1 measure of vodka is 4syns. But the diet coke is obviously free and with normal it would work out another 5 syns. Every little helps! Lol

Sent from my iPhone
Pebbles xx

I know that's what I thought but hmm my plan is to only have 2?! (this will be a miracle!) however the fact that I am at work on open tomorrow so I have to be there at 7:30 which means waking up at 6:15 to get the 6:45 bus may help me stick to it..thats the hope anyway :D xx

Hi Sophieeee, writing a food diary really helps, even if you're the only one reading it! It's good to just get it all written down :)

I know, its crazy how much/how little you eat between different days..just writing it down shows the reality!

Any advice when it comes to alcohol?! Usually after a good few drinks, any food...regardless of who/where/what it is seems extremely appealing :confused:

I usually get a take away after a drink on a Sunday.. If your a take away freak like me I try to go for -
Chicken with salad from kebab - should be all free, then just syn the sauce
Small cod from fish and chips (12syns) and depends on portion size of chips
Chow mein of some type from Chinese (noodles meat and veg are free) then just add a few syns for oil and to be on the safe side
Then for Indian have whatever you fancy with rice but minimal sauce. You should find the syns for curry on google. Or just order a mushroom omlette.

Otherwise ill have cheese or beans on toast (you can use your he a for cheese and if you have wholemeal bread he b)
Omlette, egg on toast, bacon sandwich.

Hope that helped! Oh I also take an alpen light bar in my bag if I go to the pub to help steer me away from the temptation of chocolate!

X

Hope that helped.

Sent from my iPhone
Pebbles xx

Hmmm thanks, because we are only sstaying in tonight takeaways wont be the problem it will be little nibbles but im feeling pretty full after my vegetable risotto which was BEAUTIFUL - compliments to the chef aha ;)

So hopefully my willpower will be strong enough to resist :) determind not to fall at the first hurdle!!
Thanks for your advice thoughhh! xx

Alcohol is a pain for me too, it quickly adds up. I used to always have to get good after a night put but I got myself out of the habit. Try to divert yourself away from take always on your way home or have something waiting for you when you get back that's a hot of a better choice. Otherwise if you look at the eating out section on here there is a lot of advice for take always, so I you really wanna go check this out and save your syns for it :)

Right so last night I ended up having 2 small vodka and diet cokes and then about 8 little haribo sweets?! which from looking round are 0.5 syns each...WHAT?!

xx

Anyway today I woke up not hungover so foodwise I think I've done ok ish!

Breakfast: mushroom, onion omlette (1egg) with one extra light laughing cow (hexa)
half melon
orange
Snack: Pear and cherries
Lunch: Special K chewy bar (hexb)?! and mullet light - I was in town and couldnt face going to a restraunt!
Dinner: Last of the veg rissoto from last night with extra carrott

Snack: small bag of haribo (3.5syns) 2x optimum hot choc (4syns)

Is this ok? I feel I'm eating way too much fruit and then not really feeling hungry for my meals? I'm worried that if I don't snack on fruit though I will just pick at other things...

Last edited:
Hi Sophie, bad luck on the hangover! I'm feeling a little delicate this morning! Me and SIL got through 4 bottles of wine last night. WHOOPS! I'm not even going to bother counting the syns, just start again on Monday!

Food looks fine - I try to snack on fruit or cereal bars. If you need a choc fix the hot choc is a good idea, or alpen light double choc bars are satisfying for me

I think in most cases 2 x cereal bars are a HEx b.

Well done! X

Sent from my iPhone
Pebbles xx

Hi, I'm on my fourth day now, had a bad day yesterday, so trying to get back on track today. I have my own diary, and I find it really helpful looking at others to check I'm on the right track and to get ideas :)

Hey here to follow ... Noticed were similar weights (I'm 9st9) do you have much to loose? I wanna get to 9st but its taking agggges!! Prob havin a takeaway a week don't help but you gotta treat yerself ;)

If you need any help just ask :) x x

Hi Sophie, bad luck on the hangover! I'm feeling a little delicate this morning! Me and SIL got through 4 bottles of wine last night. WHOOPS! I'm not even going to bother counting the syns, just start again on Monday!

Food looks fine - I try to snack on fruit or cereal bars. If you need a choc fix the hot choc is a good idea, or alpen light double choc bars are satisfying for me

I think in most cases 2 x cereal bars are a HEx b.

Well done! X

Sent from my iPhone
Pebbles xx

Wow 4 bottles of wine :eek: I would be dead for the next week, only takes me one or even half of one and I'm away for the night - cheap date haha!
Just don't worry too much about it, still got to live right?
Yeaaaaah im sticking to snacking on fruit and cereal bars, for once in my life though I'm not hungry which for me is VERY strange...suppose I shouldn't complain too much :D
Bring on the first WI! xxx

Been at work all day today (I work at a cafe aimed at students), the main things we sell are big breakfasts, burgers and pancakes...the banana and nutella pancakes are actually to die for so never great when you are trying to cut down hahaha! Anyway I managed to resit so today ive had

Breakfast: 2x Weetabix (hexb) , milk(hexa) and apple

Lunch: Jacket potato, tuna and massive side salad

Snack: just got in and had a carrot and a kiwi, 2 sugar free sweets syns (1syn?) and an orange
Dinner: Slimming world sunday lunch made by my mother :eek: HEAVEN
Pudding: muller light and hot choc (2syns)

Hope everyone is doing ok! xxx

Last edited:
Back