Step 1 Sole Source Getting down to goal - 2nd time on Cambridge

magemanda

Right, this is day 2 of my Cambridge adventure.

Last year I was on Cambridge from April to early July and lost almost three stone. A couple of things then happened (I started a new relationship, and then had huge family problems), and both conspired to have me reaching for the comfort food. At September I had only gained back five pounds, but since then just went crazy. As of weigh in on Monday I am 14 stone 12 and a quarter pounds. This is 1 stone and 4 pounds more than I was at my lightest in July.

My new fella is also overweight and he has decided to do Cambridge with me - twice the hangriness in the first few days!

So, yesterday and today been feeling a bit light-headed from hunger. I haven't been light on the carbs on the run up to starting, so I am having some serious crashing right now. Headache last night and this afternoon. And I can't get off the toilet from the increased fluids. All expected from last time, all a pain in the ass to get through before ketosis kicks in. I know it works, but, damn, these few days suck. Anyway, 100% so far. My plan is to have a bar for breakfast and lunch, and then a pack of savoury or a shake in the evening (I hate the faffing of preparing at work, and just so much easier to have bars or ready made shakes).

I am determined, I do have willpower, and I am hoping that the fella being involved means that it will be easier to say no to things - because he will be saying no too.

Please let ketosis kick in tomorrow!!!

Mage xx

Thanks Losing!

So - day 3 and still feeling hungry at the moment. Trying to drink loads. I don't feel the same headaches I had yesterday, which I'm very thankful about! Had two bars so far.

Yesterday I stayed pretty much on plan, barring a boiled egg in the evening. The scales are moving, though, so we're on track :)

Yesterday I ended up having four packs instead of three (I still had some spare from the last time I did this). With that I managed to make it through.

However, day 4 and I have felt so hungry this afternoon I ended up raiding two packs of snack-a-jacks. Not awful calorie wise but horrible horrible carbs. I've no doubt I've just set myself back a day or so. What is galling is that my fella is being so strict with himself! I only have myself to blame if I end up with another carb crash :-(

How are you doing now Magemanda?? Nothing you did was too awful so I hope you're back on the horse by now! :angeldevil:

Well, it's day seven now and first weigh in tonight. After my little hiccup on Friday, I stayed good over the weekend. Yes, some extras but all protein and no carbs so fingers crossed there is a decent loss for the first week. My fella is helping keep me on track - his self-control is like iron, and he is all-in on this diet, so it's forcing me to stay focused.

On Saturday night we also booked our first holiday together. We're going to Zante on 15th May and so we're both looking to lose at least three stone by then, if not four. We'll look like completely different people!

Brilliant - what an incentive. I hope you have a good loss this week. I weighed in this morning and have lost 7lb in my first week. :classic_smile:

How did it go M?

Right, this is day 2 of my Cambridge adventure.

Last year I was on Cambridge from April to early July and lost almost three stone. A couple of things then happened (I started a new relationship, and then had huge family problems), and both conspired to have me reaching for the comfort food. At September I had only gained back five pounds, but since then just went crazy. As of weigh in on Monday I am 14 stone 12 and a quarter pounds. This is 1 stone and 4 pounds more than I was at my lightest in July.

My new fella is also overweight and he has decided to do Cambridge with me - twice the hangriness in the first few days!

So, yesterday and today been feeling a bit light-headed from hunger. I haven't been light on the carbs on the run up to starting, so I am having some serious crashing right now. Headache last night and this afternoon. And I can't get off the toilet from the increased fluids. All expected from last time, all a pain in the ass to get through before ketosis kicks in. I know it works, but, damn, these few days suck. Anyway, 100% so far. My plan is to have a bar for breakfast and lunch, and then a pack of savoury or a shake in the evening (I hate the faffing of preparing at work, and just so much easier to have bars or ready made shakes).

I am determined, I do have willpower, and I am hoping that the fella being involved means that it will be easier to say no to things - because he will be saying no too.

Please let ketosis kick in tomorrow!!!

Mage xx
Hi I’m new to this I’m on day 3 and felt hungry today but had a latte while out with my friend now feel bad hope not spoil it was doing so well

Hi D! Day 3 is awful, sometimes day 4 and 5 too! Do what you can to get through them and minimise the damage. One latte isn't going to affect your weight loss if you're in it for the long haul. It gets easier as you go on, honestly - and we're all here and all in the same boat.

How much do you have to lose? Any special event or end point in mind? (I'm nosey just in case you can't tell!) ;)

Well done on your loss, Spinoza, that is brilliant!

I lost 6 lbs, which I am delighted with. What a springboard going into this second week.

My consultant can't weigh me on Monday so this second week is actually going to be eight days, which means I'm hoping for 4 lbs or something similar. But, the weight is going to come off, so I don't mind too much how it happens. I know the second week can sometimes show a small loss in comparison to the first because everything is stablising.

I now have 118 days until holiday, so that is how long I am aiming to be on step 1/step 2!

Well done on your loss, Spinoza, that is brilliant!

I lost 6 lbs, which I am delighted with.

How fantastic M!! :wee: And I absolutely agree - the weight is going to come off.

I need to be on this diet for a similar length of time, but I can't face that so I'm doing it in chunks. I want 30lbs off in 60 days, then 3st by Easter. After that I'll set more goals.

Hi D! Day 3 is awful, sometimes day 4 and 5 too! Do what you can to get through them and minimise the damage. One latte isn't going to affect your weight loss if you're in it for the long haul. It gets easier as you go on, honestly - and we're all here and all in the same boat.

How much do you have to lose? Any special event or end point in mind? (I'm nosey just in case you can't tell!) ;)
Lol no that’s fine I’ve got 7stone to loose need to lose at least another 7 kg just to get on waiting list was a bit disappointed today been to the hospital this morning and I’ve not lost enuf weight I’ve been trying orther diets for the last few months and stressed about trying to get the weight off till I found C.D so hope will be able to get it off now .🙂

D - how are you getting on now you have a few more days under your belt? Hopefully you're finding it easier?

Barring a couple of protein hiccups, I have been 100% on plan and the hunger has gone now. Can't believe it's day 11, already in double digits now. I once heard that something is habit forming after 21 occasions, so I'm thinking that 21 days and I'll be sticking with it.

I do have moments where I feel as though I am going to fall off the wagon - my fella's nephew was eating chicken nuggets for tea yesterday and I felt like ripping the plate from his hand and gorging on them, but I'm mostly managing to stay on track. When I have had extras, it's been chicken breast or a boiled egg.

I feel grumpy that the scales are slower this week, but I also suspect it was TOTM (I said suspect, because I have the implant, so don't bleed but still get all the symptoms and I've been bloated and grumpy). I want a good weekend to take me to weigh in next Tuesday.

Good luck everyone!

Crikey, day 14 and already two weeks down. I say already, but it's gone both fast and slow. It doesn't seem as though two weeks have already gone past, but at the same time there have been some slow days where I seem to have done nothing but think about food.

The fella and I went on a road trip to the seaside on Saturday and a walk along the beach. We both moaned about the fact we couldn't get in a nice pub lunch, but because we're both going through the same, neither of us was prepared to break the diet for nothing. We've discussed my birthday in April, and we think we'll go out for steak and salad or something of that nature, so breaking the diet but also still trying to stay as protein heavy as possible and not get too tempted by carbs.

Last night we both lay there in bed and giggled at our stomach's rumbling. If he wasn't doing this with me, I would be proper miserable.

2nd weigh in tomorrow. I honestly have no idea what to expect on the scales, except that I will have lost something.

Good luck for tomorrow magemanda! I lost 2 this week.

Thanks Spinoza! I was delighted last night to lose 4 pounds, so that is 10 in total for the first two weeks. Really happy with that, and has helped to motivate me into the third week. The fella lost 6, so he's now lost 12 and a half, and he is just over the moon with his progress so far. We're both feeling really strong now.

The only thing I'm worried about is that I have put myself down to play a game of rugby on Sunday. It's so physical and I usually feel drained and starving afterwards even when I'm eating loads of food! I'm wondering how my body will cope. I asked my consultant and she suggested doing step 2 for the days when I am doing hardcore sports, which I shall try.

Excellent - almost exactly the same as me. I agree about eating more food if you're exercising. I remember in the dim distant past when I actually *did* some exercise, that I took a shake immediately beforehand and that seemed to help.

Back