Getting frustrated

Hezz123

This might sound ridiculous, but its frustrating me! Iv lost 17lbs so far, not far off 1.5 stone, and no one seems to have noticed! How can my body not have changed at all since losing 17lbs! I can feel I've lost weight, and clothes are looser, but if I tell anyone how much I've lost, it seems like they don't believe me, and tell me "oh, you don't need to lose weight anyway"!!! I do! I was 16st 8 when I started this so clearly am overweight and need to lose weight. 4 stones at least!
When will my body really start changing and looking slimmer?? Sorry for the rant, bad day!
Xxx

Arrrggghhh I feel your frustration :D Sometimes when someone sees you all the time it just doesn't register that you've lost weight, silly I know but kinda true. Also you've mentioned your clothes are loose, if clothes don't fit properly either to tight or to loose it can give the impression that you are bigger than what you are. Don't let it get you mad, your doing GREAT!!! 16lbs is a freaking amazing loss :D xx

Measure yourself ladies and then write it down. I did and was amazed to see how much I'd lost! In one month 5 inches of each upper arm and thigh and 3.5 inches off my waist. Write it on a notepad then hit them in the face with it next time they don't notice :D xxxx

I have lost about 2 stone and I'm going to a wedding today. People there are expecting to notice a difference so I said on fb that if you took 2 stones away from newgale beach where I live (famous for it's pebbles) then you wouldn't notice, but if you took half away you would, and that's like me! I have so much to lose I don't think it'll be noticeable until 4/5 stone have gone! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's so true, toxic girl but it can feel very disheartening. I went with a friend to slimming world and she needed to loose 9 st, I knew she had lost 2 stone it was noticeable to her as her clothes were feeling loose but not so noticeable to every one else.
My hubbie, mum and my inlaws say they can see a difference in me but nobody else has mentioned it.
But I don't really care, I feel fantastic and I'm not doing it for any one but myself.

I think I will start measuring, maybe that will help me feel better about it all. I just feel im working so hard at this and want a bit of recognition for it! I know how vain that sounds, and it sounds like im just losing weight for everyone elses sake, but im really not. I just think that once people start to notice, its extra motivation to keep going. I'm terrified that I'll give up like i always do and by Christmas I'll be back where i started.
Xx

I'm now 16st 5, I've lost 2.5 st and know one has noticed, even I have hardly noticed. I went into work today no one noticed. I don't even know myself where the weight is coming off x

It's a bit early in the morning for me, oasis 2 1/2 stone that's about 35 lb right?
What's that........ 18 bags of sugar??
Put that in a back pack and carry it round all day!!
That's a fantastic loss, ladies keep up the good work you and others will notice soon xxx

Same thing happened with me yesterday , health visitor popped round and i had to actually bring it up , ive lost about 2 stone 3 pounds. No ones noticed it with me either i can feel it in my clothes though , tops i own are fitting me better now and i generally feel healthier i would say dont let it get you down but that would be hypercritical of me as it got me down. I think the best way to deal with it is to just use it as strength to carry on with your Journey to a healthier body. Or scream into a pillow. :p

I have a feeling that a big part of it is people are expecting me to give up on this diet eventually, but im so damn determined this time. I only need to lose another 4lbs to get to under 15st, and iv not seen the number 14 on the scales for about 4 years! So although it might not show just now, im sticking to this and in a few months I'll be at my lowest weight ever. The important thing I suppose is that we can all see and feel a difference in ourselves, and as long as the number on the scales keeps getting lower every week, we're on the right track
Xx

That's true I just feel like I was so happy with my loss so far, but no ones noticed, my clothes aren't any looser (except my jeans) I haven't dropped a dress size and a lot of weight was my baby so I just feel like all in all it's not as great loss as I first thought but the scales are still going down, I've worked hard and I deserve it and maybe by time I've lost a couple more stone people will notice, otherwise I might scream x

Hezz123 said:
I have a feeling that a big part of it is people are expecting me to give up on this diet eventually, but im so damn determined this time. I only need to lose another 4lbs to get to under 15st, and iv not seen the number 14 on the scales for about 4 years! So although it might not show just now, im sticking to this and in a few months I'll be at my lowest weight ever. The important thing I suppose is that we can all see and feel a difference in ourselves, and as long as the number on the scales keeps getting lower every week, we're on the right track
Xx

Your sooo right! 4lbs eeeek to move down that's freaking great!!! It's so annoying when people doubt you it's like arggghhhh stop being so negative and ruining my happy diet mood!!! Chin up, pounds down your doing fab!!

x

Back