Getting motivated

Loser85

Gold Member
I have a full months worth of packs sitting on top of my wardrobe waiting for me to take the plunge. I cant seem to motivate myself to get going though. Thing is i have a couple of health issues which will clear up with the weight dropping and also my daughter starts school in August and dont want to be known as the 'fat mum'. (vain i know but cant help that one).

Do you think its because its a VLCD that im subconciously avoiding this??

Any and all insight welcome as it may be the push i need. xx

Look at that box on top of your wardrobe, and ask one simple question. What's the worst that can happen?

you might try on Day 1 and fail, but there's always tomorrow, why not give it a go and see how you feel? the worst thing you can do is over think something until it becomes a problem :)

I find when I over think things I mentally talk my self out of it, or it consumes me to the point where I break and fall off the wagon. Relax don't over think it, and have a go :)

That could be my problem just now then. I've overthought it to the point where i've invented reasons for not starting. Guess i just need to focus on the positives of the diet ie no acid reflux symptoms.

That could be my problem just now then. I've overthought it to the point where i've invented reasons for not starting. Guess i just need to focus on the positives of the diet ie no acid reflux symptoms.

I'm only on day 2 so I'm certainly no expert, but if I'm gonna fail I can always get back on the wagon the next day but these are the things are my pros and cons. Why not write a pros and con list yourself? but look at mine and see which list you would rather have?

Positives
No indigestion
No heart burn
No horrible stuffed/sick feeling
no bloating
no horrendous stomach ache
I'm in control
I'm losing weight
I'm increasing my fluid intake
I'm getting healthier
I'm changing my life
more energy (I'm in ketosis already)
all my illness' will improve with weight loss

no piece of food is worth trading this pros list in for!

Negatives
I cant eat conventional food

My decision is made, start date is valentines day. Thank you so much, your pros list is pretty much identical to mine.

My decision is made, start date is valentines day. Thank you so much, your pros list is pretty much identical to mine.

well, have a little look at my diary between now and valentines for you to have a little look at how it's going for me and hopefully I'll be closer to your weight by the time you start maybe we could buddy up if you like :)

everyone on the exante forum is so supportive and we all know what you going through. Don't feel alone or isolated we are all here to help :)

I echo extaneprincess's setiments!
Now you have a date, people on here manage this diet, if you have any doubts then throw them out, we have them and share them, a problem shared is a problem halved.

Well it looks like my motivation came in and bit me right on the a**e!

Had a nasty reflux attack earlier on which resulted in everything re-emerging. ( sorry if TMI) The way it felt and the way i still feel now i think my best option is to start tomorrow rather than Tuesday. I dont get symptoms with a VLCD.

Just so fed up of the pain :(

We're all here to support you :) ...I wish you every success in starting!

Thank you :)

Feeling sore this morning, abdomen muscles i didnt even know i had! Bodies sore too but have managed my 1st shake. Vanilla hot with coffee.

Hope you have a good day xx

Go u, u have so made the right choice to just bite the bullet and start today!! I have found if I give myself a date in the future even if its only by a few days I do exactly what u do, find every reason under the sun not to do it!!

For me not eating conventional food is a plus because at the moment I can't face it, I'm sure once I get to food break week I'll be pleased to be introducing a meal each day for the week tho but for now I'm ecstatic that I don't have to bother with food!!

I don't know about u but I know for me I really have to be doing it for myself, not to show someone else I can, not even soley for my children altho they are the greatest reason in the world, I actually have to WANT to do it else it all goes pear shaped!

Good luck hun xx

aww sweetie I'm sorry to hear that! :( I find my acid reflex disappears when I'm dieting so hopefully it will work for you! massive hugs xxx

Thanks for the replies.

Had my 2nd shake a wee while ago, had banana. Not sure over that 1 yet.

The bit that worries me is when i eventually get to goal and return to normal eating will my reflux flare up again? Hope not!

Back