Getting off the Weightloss Merry-Go-Round

FeatherWeight

As the title of this diary may suggest I am a serial restarter; I lose weight and then gain it all back (and some spare!). Not this time I hope! I don't want to be constantly taking backwards steps and sabotaging myself any longer!

I am on slimming world once again and have been doing it now for almost six whole weeks, my sixth weigh-in is tomorrow! I have enjoyed almost every minute of being back on plan and back in control, I enjoy cooking good food, that is not only tasty but healthy. It is also nice to feel more energy now, partly from the weight loss and I think partly from actually getting proper nutrients from my food.

So this is how my weigh-ins have gone so far: I started at 18 stone and 12lbs.

WI 1 -7.5lbs ( Half stone Award)
WI 2 -3.5lbs
WI 3 -0.5lbs
WI 4 -3.5;bs (Stone Award, Slimmer of the Week, and Bronze Body Magic)
WI 5 - 3.5lbs

So I am 18.5lbs (or 1 stone 4.5lbs) down in 5 weeks. I am super happy, but trying to be realistic with myself. I know the weight loss will not always be this fast, and I need to stay motivated even when life gets hectic. Last time I was on slimming world I was down around 3.5 stone, but let life get in the way - it took me two years to go back to group! I can't let this happen again - I need to stick with it!

I have a lot of motivation at the minute. I am 25 and in my adult life have never (even at my slimmest) been smaller than a size 16. I want to feel confidant in myself, my health and know that I can do anything I put my mind to. I am also about to embark a new career as a primary teacher. I don't want to be preaching to kids about healthy eating whilst clearly not practising what I preach.

I know this journey will be hard, I definitely know it won't be smooth sailing. In 10 weeks I will be moving to a new city for my training, without my hubby! I will be stressed and busy and I know it will be easy to fall off the bandwagon. I am hoping that I will have built in the good habits and I will have the motivation and perseverance to succeed.

Until I start the course I want to get as much weight loss as I can off. So I am thinking maybe another two stone?? I know this is ambitious, but I guess aim for the stars? In all honesty though I am happy with a loss every week, it is after all the right direction.

Tomorrow morning is my weigh in, and I am hoping for a loss even if it is small. I have had star week this week so we shall see how that affects the scales. Due to my implant I don't normally get my totm, but if I lose more than 8lbs then it comes - a bit weird I know! I get problems with kidney inflammation connected to my totm so you can just imagine what a grouch I have been this week! At the start of the week I wanted to eat everything, I managed to stay on track though so I hope it pays off!

Thank you so much :)

As you may gather from the time in between posts I am terrible at updating but I will endeavour to do better :)

So at weigh in I lost 2lbs :) which brings total loss to 1 stone 6.5 lbs! It went better than I hoped, but I was still a bit disappointed as if it was just a 0.5lb more it would have been my 1.5stone award! I know it is daft to be disappointed but it was a bit bitter sweet!

So far this week is going fine!

Tuesday I always have a treat day - which I deduct from the weeks total syns. So I had a Chinese and some chocolate. I haven't had any other syns since yet but will probably have some Saturday and Sunday :). I know this treat day will have to stop or at the very least lessen as this journey continues but at the minute I am happy with it.

I follow the red days mostly, I just don't do so well on the EE days although I understand that they are better for everyday living. I guess I am just awkward this way!

So most days I have a salad and some meat for lunch at work. My salads contain lettuce, spinach, cucumber and pepper - the meat varies. We are lucky enough to have a slimming world approved butcher up in my area so I can choose lean sausages, burgers etc which are all free.

Dinner most days is again meat, onions peppers and a hex b portion of tatties - oh and my hex a of cheese! During the day I will have hifi light bars as a hex b and some fruit, mostly a banana for breakfast, and tangerines for snack

I have been trying to branch out with some slimming world recipes. such as pulled pork and chicken saag. I am not the most adventurous maybe because I am out the house 14 hours a day and feel so tired that I eat what is easy?

My plan for the week is to loose at least that 0.5lbs! I would be ecstatics if it was more though :). I am now 5.5lbs until my club 10 which I would love to get within the next two or three weeks! My average weight loss so far has been 3.5lbs, if I can keep that up I will be at my ultimate goal the day after my wedding aniversary! If that is not motivation I don't know what is ! I would love to be healthy slinky and happy by then. It is a stretch to continue at this pace but even if I don't make to to ultimate goal by then I will still be significantly smaller than I am now!

--

Today I tried on some of my collection of jeans that are small for me. I can fit my white pair that I was wearing two years ago, now it looks a sight but it closes. It will be a while until I fit my smaller jeans that I wore last time I did slimming world - at the minute it doesn't go up past my bum ! :p

Well I hope that I will post more frequently !

Today was my usual salad for lunch ( with Ham) and then som lean bacon, onion, pepper and sw chips (hxb) for dinner. My snacks included we yogurts, fruit and hifi light bars.

Yesterday I had some syns 3 for Ryvita and 4 for pops crisps! My first crisps in almost seven weeks!

No syns needed today! Although my work makes it hard by giving prizes such chocolate and wine to me!

I'm so tired right now, so sleep now!

Oh wow, I have not posted in ages! Sorry for that I am terrible at keeping up with these kinds of things!

So a quick life update then!

I have stuck to plan and I am 4st. 13.5lbs lighter than when I started! This has taken since April and has slowed down somewhat, but I am okay with that.

I have been living away from home since August, which is sometimes a blessing and sometimes a curse for the journey! The group I found down here is brilliant, I honestly could not ask for nicer people! In fact, I just had the Xmas party with them last night, it was a lot of fun! Being away from home occasionally get me down, especially when I miss my husband. As of Wednesday, I will be back home for almost 5 weeks! At home, we are living with family just now so it may be harder to stick to plan, but I will try my darndest! I am also not cooking my Christmas meal, but have pre-warned people that I may be taking along some food for myself!

My current goals are:
Reach my 5st. award - only 0.5lbs away!
Get to 13.5st. this is 5.5lbs away!

I will be weighing on Tuesday from now on as I join my home group again, I usually weigh in on a Wednesday. I have one last weigh-in with my consultant here at her Tuesday class, as she was slightly gutted she wouldn't get to give me my 5st award :). Hopefully I will loose that 0.5lbs and not disappoint her!

Featherweight x

Last edited:
Well as of yesterday I hit my 5 stone Award!! I am so happy :). I lost 1.5lbs this week to get me there!

My next goal is 13.5 stone - which is now 4lbs away. I wonder if I can get there for the new year? Hmm I am not going to put myself under too much pressure but that can be my aim.

I think I need to eat more, taking stock of what I eat in a day and I just don't think it is enough. I usually eat Breakfast 2 x Hi Fi Bars. Snack: Satsuma Lunch: two boiled eggs, spinach, ham, fruit salad. Supper: varies but recently crustless quiche with some peppers. Then somewhere between 10-15 syns.

I never really have carbs, not even for a conscious decision of weight loss, but I just don't gravitate towards them. Maybe I should try reintroducing them?

I am going home for 4 and a half weeks over Christmas so this may be fun for weight loss! I will see how it goes and roll with it regardless.

Back