Extra Easy Getting really miffed!!

Jodieboo

Gold Member
Hi guys. I'm getting really really hacked off with my weight loss. I have been attending SW (this time round) for 8 weeks. In those 8 weeks I have only managed to lose 7lb.

week 1: -5lb
week 2: -1lb
week 3: -1.5lb
week 4: not weighed
week 5: -1lb
week 6: +0.5lb
week 7: STS
week 8: +1lb

Now, I know that 1lb a week(ish) is a good weight loss and will more than likely stay off. However, the last time I did SW, I had nearly lost 2 stone in the same amount of time.

I have spoken to my consultant about this and she has been asking why I hadn't been having my HEB. I had found the last time I was on plan that having my HEB made me STS or gain. (Think i'm a little wheat intollerant?)

So I hadn't been having my B. Over the last week though, I have been having it just to rule that possibility out that that could be slowing down my loss. And what do you know? I gained.

My consultant now seems to think that I am not getting enough protein and carbs. But.. I haven't really done anything different from the last time.

I'm also worried that having TOO much of the carbs will also have the same effect as the HEB on me.

I've tried helping the weight move.. reducing my syns down to 10 a day, exercising more.. I've even cut sugar out of my diet completely. (My friend said something to haunt me "If you don't burn off your sugar you're intaking, it will turn to fat).

But it's not shifting!!

Help!

Oh Jodie,I do feel for you. That said. you have lost a good amount of weight. And just think if you hadnt changed your diet you would be weighing half a stone more than you do today. I bet the thought of being half a stone heavier doesnt sit well ? The three things I would say are ;have you been drinking plenty of water?Have you increased your fruit intake? and have you eaten a lot more veg? If not perhaps this might really help to speed things up.

theres no such thing as too much carbs on sw as long as you are eating until you are satisfied. you say you've reduced your syns.... theres no need to if you really don't want to as 15syns is part of the plan and it is a big help at keeping us on track in the long run.

i did sw a fair few years ago and tried again inbetween doing it this time and i think i lost motivation last time because i did too much comparing with the first time.i would say to forget 5the other times you've done sw, and to think about whats happening now.follow the plan as it tells us to and drink lots of fluids then hopefully things will keep moving as you are already doing well. there are also lots of b choices apart from bread too that you could enjoy..like canned and cooked fruit or soup, olive oil . good luck :)

Last edited:
katty said:
theres no such thing as too much carbs on sw as long as you are eating until you are satisfied. you say you've reduced your syns.... theres no need to if you really don't want to as 15syns is part of the plan and it is a big help at keeping us on track in the long run.

i did sw a fair few years ago and tried again inbetween doing it this time and i think i lost motivation last time because i did too much comparing with the first time.i would say to forget 5the other times you've done sw, and to think about whats happening now.follow the plan as it tells us to and drink lots of fluids then hopefully things will keep moving as you are already doing well. there are also lots of b choices apart from bread too that you could enjoy..like canned and cooked fruit or soup, olive oil . good luck :)

I agree, not all HEB are bread and cereals.
Also have you as much to lose as last time?
Take a good look at what you're doing too, have you really measured that Mayo/flour/milk, did you count the sweetie you accepted from a friend? Have you been faithful to the 1/3 superfree?

Have you got a food diary we can look at? Are you eating *enough*? Especially of Superfree?

Could you try swapping all your wheat based products to wheat free?
I used to have a wheat intolerance but since losing weight on sw i found i can now tolerate it. I think i was eating far too much of it before hand, and as others have said up water and super free (maybe make a nice super free/free soup and have that for lunch every day?) or maybe incorporate a bit more exercise?

Hi guys, the consultant has said i'm not eating enough. So today i've upped it! Instead of snacking on fruit i'm having proper meals..

Breakfast: 2x weetabix with hea milk (measured), 1 banana, cup of tea with hea milk and sweetener.

Lunch: Egg salad with 4 tbsp extra light mayo (4 syns)

Dinner: Diet coke pork, jacket potato with extra light marg (3.5 sysn), broccoli.

Snacks: 2x vanilla + choc mullerlight, raspberries, grapes.

Syns: 3 dashes of milk = 3
3 sugars = 3

Crikey, I wouldn't like to see what you were eating before:eek:.

As has been said above, remember to do the plan as SW set out & don't do 'Jodieboo' SW:rolleyes:.

There are so many people on here who will tell you SW does work you just have to follow the plan.

Have you taken a look at other people's food diaries for ideas of what they are eating?

You can do this, you've done it before and you have all the support you need on here;)

As others have said you could be depriving your body of that heb so you should try and fit iv into your day in one form or another as slimming world works as many of us know if all the plan is followed, keep a track of what you eat and see if you see a difference at weigh in, good luck x

Morning honey, I can't add much to what has been said, but when I followed SW earlier this year my weight loss was very erratic, lost one week gained the next, but did nothing much different each week. At the end of 7 weeks I had a total overall loss of 1.5lbs! Obviously SW will be more of a maintenance diet for me, rather than a weight loss one.

Hope you get something sorted soon x

Hi hun, I haven't really got a lot to add, other than what has already been said, but I just want you to know that I know how you feel.

This is my second time following Slimming World, and I have lost 9lb in 4 weeks. I am pretty pleased with that, although the first time round I'd lost about a stone in that time.

Anyway last week I was devastated. I lost 5.5lb in my first week, and for the two weeks following that I had stayed the same. I was distraught and couldn't see what I could possibly have been doing wrong. Last week I decided that I'd stick to what I was doing foodwise and add a little bit of Body Magic here and there, and this week I lost 3.5lb!! I got my half stone award and Slimmer of the Week!

Basically I just want to say hang in there. Percivere and you will get to where you want to be. Our bodies are strange things, and work in mysterious ways, but I'm sure your hard work will pay off in no time. Good luck xx

Are you doing EE? Or Red/Green? make sure you get your 1/3 SF if it's EE. You dont seem to be eating a) all that much b) much superfree at all. Go check out some people's food diaries for examples and ideas. Good luck x

Are you doing EE? Or Red/Green? make sure you get your 1/3 SF if it's EE. You dont seem to be eating a) all that much b) much superfree at all. Go check out some people's food diaries for examples and ideas. Good luck x

I'm doing EE. I do make sure I have my 1/3 superfree with every meal, but my consultant has asked me to up my free foods so i'm trying to do that now :)

Joined the gym today too.. lets see how this works out :confused:

Back