Getting started...finding it tricky

firfenwen

Hi all, I joined last week again. I've done SW before I had my son and I lost quite a bit of weight incredibly easy. However, after joining last week I am yet to have a day on plan. For some reason I just can't seem to get going. I have all the day planned out but just can't actually do it and I usually blow it by lunchtime. I'm really upset about this and can't seem to understand why I'm like this. I know the plan works and I know I don't need to go hungry but it just feels as though I'm subconsciously rebelling against the plan.
Has anyone else had this and then been able to get over it? Does anyone have any tips on getting through this and actually make the start? I'm sure once I get a successful two weeks under my belt I will be fine.
Beck x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

So what happens by lunchtime that makes you blow it? And when you say you blow it what exactly do you mean? Part of being a successful slimmer is picking yourself up and carrying on after a bad meal, day or whatever. But it sounds like you just give up when something goes wrong

That is exactly what I seem to do. I can't stop myself and then have the thought that I may as well start the next day - bit tomorrow never comes. After reading a few more threads, I think I could be being too hard on myself and thinking that if I'm not perfect then what's the point. This is where I'm going wrong, I can't get the perfectionist all or nothing approach out of my head.

I know it's early in your journey but why don't you try an SAS log to try and pin point exactly what it is that is sabotaging your journey. It might be something that you don't even think of. Or a for and against list can be useful

SOS log - thanks for that. Totally forgot about those as I didn't need them last time. I will get on the site straight away.
Thank you for your replies folks x

Back