Getting the munchies aroung 8.30

callill

Hi everyone

I am new to the site and I am following Slimming world. I am doing fine 8 lbs in 3 weeks so good but I find that I start wanting food at around 8.30 does anyonefeel this way. I have been going to the fridge and eating pickles LOL

I snack loads on an evening, having cheese and biscuits tonight followed by hifi (saved HEX's and syns for these) I always plan food for the evening, either syns or free food

Evenings are a danger zone for a lot of people. To try and overcome them I tend to try and keep my Healthy B and majority of my Syns. That way I can have a couple of HiFi Lights (HExB) and maybe a packet of crisps/bar of chocolate with my Syns.

I also try to do stuff to take my mind off "the munchies". Have a nice hot bubble bath, read a magazine, paint your nails...anything! Keeping busy will drown out the cravings :)

I always get this at about now ....hence just sat watching emmerdale with a punnet of grapes ;o)

I always get this at about now ....hence just sat watching emmerdale with a punnet of grapes ;o)

Snap!! I'm watching Emmerdale too with a big bowl of strawberries, cherries and 0% greek yogurt. Mmmm :drool:

yep, same here and I have fruit, yoghurt and lot of water

I have a large bottle of water always (I got a big Evian bottle and I just fill it from home) and just sip that, and juice, I also try to save a few syns for a lowsyn hot choc or a curlywurly or summat to stave off the chocy cravings. And if that doesn't work I start eating frozen fruit (take a while to eat and cheaper then going through a punnet of grapes)

Free food is there for you! Plan it into your day.

My tools to conquer are chips... Both potato and veggie (green beans, carrots etc) all prepped ready to chuck in the oven.
Frozen berries and fat free Greek yogurt and a spoon of sweetener ( I defrost the berries partially in the micro do some are still a bit frozen).
Make up 1/2 syn jelly pots, with a banana and a vanilla yogurt it's very filling.
Don't get stuck in the 'three meals a day' rut as all this does is promote snacking, which usually racks up the calories.
I'd say pre SW I was eating three meals a day but add up all the snacks and I was eating nearer five!

This is my danger zone. I normally save my hexb for the evening, so have my hifi bars, toast or ryvita, and a bowl or two of fruit and yogurt, but think I might try going to bed earlier lol.

Back