Getting very confused...

Hi All, I am a guy who needs to lose about 2.5 stone and I am looking further towards slim fast. I managed one day on some horror VLCD a couple of years ago, not trying that one again. I can't cook for the proverbial and a life of ready meals has left me in a bit of a poor shape.

On the 3-2-1 plan I reckon I could stick with it and actually get somewhere, I don't mind drinking water and am quite happy eating fruit rather than the snacks. The problem I see is because of my lack of any ability to cook I was looking at the weightwatchers ready meals as the meal part of the deal, I see most of the meals on the tesco website are in fact ~300 calories which is well short of the 5/600 recommended for the meal (and I know the simple answer is to probably eat two!).

Would it be dangerous to go this low calories wise? I see

1 apple/1 orange/1 bannana (may replace one at my leisure with the snack bar) = 50+50+100 = 200 calories
2 meal bars = 210x2 = 420 calories
1 weightwatchers meal = 300 calories

that obviously takes me to sub 1000 calories which is about 300 calories short of the 1300 recommended (which may even perhaps be more for a bloke?).

Is this dangerous or to be avoided in any way? I think I could do it but obviously do not want to if it is not going to benefit and may indeed hinder me.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

If you consume too few calories your body will go into starvation mode. Rather than losing weight your body would hold onto everything it can. Men need a 800 cal meal with SF.

Why not add things to the WW meals? For instance last night i had a WW hotpot then added 2 birds eye veg bags and smash. You could also have other foods that dont take much cooking. For instance oven chips. Have a look around the supermarket next time you go. Think you'll be surprised with what you can have.

Back