Gie's weightloss journey begins!

Gie

So, I've been lurking on this site for the past week and finally I've joined!

Here's my 'story'.

I'm a 23 year old from northwest England. Always on a diet and if I'm not, my diet is absolutely shocking. I go from one extreme to another: tracking absolutely everything on my fitness pal to eating McDonalds, KFC AND Chinese on a hungover Sunday! I'm also constantly always looking to the next meal. Not only that, I'm greedy! 'The more the merrier' or so I thought.

I've always been a 'big girl' and been the biggest one in my group of friends. It's often got me down but not so much for me to do anything. I've pretty much been a 14/16 since I can remember.

The past year has been spent getting over a long term relationship and has involved plenty of alcohol and bad food. (And bad decisions but that's for another time!)

I have decided that I want to lose weight now for me!

I work in health care and as you can imagine, when someone starts a new diet - everyone has to try it! April 2012 was when Lipotrim was introduced to our area of work by a colleague. My first thoughts? Impossible! There's not a cat in hell's chance that I could survive of three shakes a day and NO food. Absolutely ridiculous! But as more people started with the diet I felt that I needed to give it a shot. So in August 2012 I did just that. I got weighed and was the heaviest I'd ever been - 15 stone! That was a smack in the face, I can tell you that. At this point, my ex-boyfriend and I had been living in our first home together for 5 months and getting to grips with cooking etc. So, on the Monday I set about by having a shake at 10am, 3pm and planned to have one at 6-7pm. With most diets, I do really well at work and then I get home and am beyond starving so eat everything in sight! Once I'd got home on day one of lipotrim, I had to cook my ex's dinner which didn't bother me as such, but I felt I was missing out so had a handful of crisps with the idea that 'Well I've already cut down a hell of a lot so I'll still lose weight?'. This was the story for the next 5 days. Safe to say, I gave up pretty quickly not even managing a single day on Lipotrim! I still went to get weighed and had managed to lose 6lbs and managed to keep it off for a while (no idea how!).

Recently I've decided that I want to get fit and healthy for myself. I want to better my future and try to become more active and for me, I believe that lipotrim could give me that kick start. (That and the fact that there have been so many success stories from my colleagues!)

So here we are, day 7! I can't express how proud I am of myself. I usually give up so easily! My initial weigh-in was 14 stone 13 pounds. Due to availability at the pharmacy I had to have my first weigh-in on day 5 and the result was 14 stone 4 pounds, 9 pounds off! I was so chuffed I've since weighed myself and I've lost another 2 pounds. It has by no means been the easiest thing but when I feel tempted to give up or cheat (not so much now) I just remind myself why I'm doing it. I don't know, I guess being in the right frame of mind helps?

I've wiped my social calendar for the forthcoming weeks - I'm usually a 3 nights out a week kinda girl! The next planned night out is my Christmas Do in 5 weeks. So fingers crossed I can achieve another 4 weeks Lipotrim and a weeks refeed.

I've totally gone on and on but I just wanted to share my journey so far not even sure if anyone will see this other than me!

Lotsa love xx

Hi Gie

Welcome aboard! Well done for getting though the first week, you should be very proud indeed!

I did LT for 6.5 months starting in October last year and lost over 7 stone, but have put some back on so now back on the LT wagon after several failed attempts.

This is the most amazing diet and really does work. Take one day at a time, because it all adds up to a great loss.

Kay x x x

Hi Kay, thanks very much for the reply, it's very encouraging :)

Wow, that's amazing! Well done you! 6.5 months is such a long time, did it just become normal to you?
I fully intend to go back to LT after new year but one day at a time at the minute!

I know exactly how disheartening it is with the 'failed attempts' but you've done so well :D

Xx

Welcome Gie and heartiest congrats on getting to day !

Reading your diary is like looking in the mirror... your story is so similar to mine, although I'm older than you, so have been through the horrible diet/out of control cycle for longer.

Best of luck on your mission. It sounds like you've thought it out thoroughly and are well prepared for the journey. You've had a great first week and the best is yet to come... when you slip in to clothes for your Christmas parties that you didn't dare dream would fit!
Keep posting and we'll keep supporting!

Thank you for your kind words grovergirl1 - it's always nice to find someone in a similar position :)

Xx

My story is similar to yours; I've tried many, many diets that never work, and when I'm not on a diet it's pizza, chips, lots of carbs and lots of cheese! I've started LT because it's so easy and simple! No measuring, no reading labels, just mixing powder with water, and it doesn't even taste that bad!

I've been big all through my teenage years, currently weigh just under 14stone and UK size 14. Honestly, being overweight (well, technically obese) has completely ruined my life, I can't stand it. I hate being the biggest of my friends, I hate trying to find clothes, I hate even going outside! I won't even let my boyfriend get close to me. :ashamed0005:

LT is the final straw, it's time I take things seriously and take responsibility.

Good luck everyone, I'm only on day 2 :)

Very similar indeed abbz!
It's awful that weight can run your life in such a way :(
Good luck with you journey and keep me updated :)

Xx

Welcome newbies. We are all here to help and support you and answer any questions you may have. This journey is hard at times but the effort makes it worth it when you see the end results. Remember it's not just about willpower but also about using this time to get I touch with yourself and identify why you eat the way you do and make the choices that you have then Breaking that cycle. Use this time to bin old habits along with those clothes that will soon be too big, and when you buy new smaller clothes buy into a new frame of mind to go with them. After all a healthy approach to food and life is the best accessory to go with any outfit.

Very similar indeed abbz!
It's awful that weight can run your life in such a way :(
Good luck with you journey and keep me updated :)

Xx

I know, I can't wait for the benefits that come with losing weight, I've never lost anything before but I'm already down over 4lbs after nearly 3 days!
xxx

Thank you kuromi for your kind advice - very helpful. I don't just want to lose weight, I want to change my life! I'm researching a lot about 'clean eating' for once I've completed the maintenance.

Well done abbz! A loss spurs you on doesn't it?!

Xx

Thank you kuromi for your kind advice - very helpful. I don't just want to lose weight, I want to change my life! I'm researching a lot about 'clean eating' for once I've completed the maintenance.

Well done abbz! A loss spurs you on doesn't it?!

Xx

Let us know what you find out about clean eating? I'm sure we'd all like some advice on how to eat after our LT journey is over :)
It really does! Lost 6lb now, it's unreal! xx

Yeah, that's the gist of it. Basically just everything homemade and natural as possible. It would seem that in any diet planning is key so need to get my head around that foremost!

Xx

Welcome Gie

Good luck :) sounds like you are doing fantastic. I'm in my first week and weigh in is on Tuesday, going quite well. I'm also in healthcare, so not sure what the night shifts will be like on this diet. But here is to a slimmer us.

Hey Cat, thanks for the reply.
I'm on night 2 and I can safely say it's been fine, transition was smooth too :) good luck with your weigh in!

Xx

Hi Kay, thanks very much for the reply, it's very encouraging :)

Wow, that's amazing! Well done you! 6.5 months is such a long time, did it just become normal to you?
I fully intend to go back to LT after new year but one day at a time at the minute!

I know exactly how disheartening it is with the 'failed attempts' but you've done so well :D

Xx

Hi Gie

It did mostly become normal, but I must say it got really hard towards the end. My energy levels were so low but managed to keep going. Was so tempted to eat lastnight (it's the 'I need energy' = I need to eat thing that goes on in my head) but managed to stay 100% which I'm pleased about. Really tired already today, but will just keep going :)

Hope you have a great day.

Kay x x x

Hey guys!
Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Lindopski, sounds like you've done amazing! I feel fully focused now although I still don't think that I could ever be 'slim' I just can't picture it! I've just been having the 3 shakes a day and water.

Kay, how long have you been on it again? Well done for sticking to it even when you were really tempted to cheat!

There's just one problem I seem to be facing... Bowel movement! I'm usually a 1-2 times a day kinda girl (I'm a nurse, no qualms with regards to toilet talk!) but I've been really struggling! I'm drinking 3L plus shakes and I've had fibrexclear in every one. I've tried senna AND movicol and nothing! I feel so yuk :( any tips?

Xx

The only tips I've picked up is flaxseeds (not the oil) is one thing another member uses and I find if I have a few of the slim and save water flavourings they start my tummy gurgling. I assume it's because they contain chicory root which is a fibre, so maybe invest in some of that. Or, I'm afraid to say you'll just have to get used to it. It's no biggie for me as I've suffered from IBS since childhood so not going for days is normal for me whereas everyone else seems to go a few times a day from what I gather.

Thanks (again!) kuromi.
There's certainly gurgling just no actual movement
A trip to the health food shop it is.

Xx

Hey guys!
Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Lindopski, sounds like you've done amazing! I feel fully focused now although I still don't think that I could ever be 'slim' I just can't picture it! I've just been having the 3 shakes a day and water.

Kay, how long have you been on it again? Well done for sticking to it even when you were really tempted to cheat!

There's just one problem I seem to be facing... Bowel movement! I'm usually a 1-2 times a day kinda girl (I'm a nurse, no qualms with regards to toilet talk!) but I've been really struggling! I'm drinking 3L plus shakes and I've had fibrexclear in every one. I've tried senna AND movicol and nothing! I feel so yuk :( any tips?

Xx

Hi Gie

Did 6 months starting in October last year until end of April 2013 but have put weight on so back on the wagon again. I too struggle in the loo department when on LT and have found dulcolax works best for me especially when I'm feeling really uncomfortable. Not pleasant so only use it if I have to, but usually once a week. One of the joys of LT ;)

K x x x

Back