Gills weigh loss journey!

Gillybean

Well this is me, here I am at the age of 35( how did that happen) having been overweight all my life, starting my battle to be healthy and thin.

i have a 10 month old daughter who is my world and a fantastic husband.

im luckily to live in a beautiful village with miles and miles of riverside walks and a doggy who will happily trot along as well

I've always been overweight, can never say I've been a proper weight, the stone I was in was always the same as my age up until 21 and that disgusts me. There isn't one photograph of me that I like and that's really sad.

we went to my parents for a family gathering last week and dad had some slides to show us from when my cousins and I were little, there they were as little toddlers eating fruit, and there was one of me aged about 2 months being given chocolate buttons, that sums it all up really. I look at my parents and see how they are with food and its no surprise I'm in the state im in really. I need to get my head out of their views which I know are bad and into my own special place, does that makes sense?.

So day 1

breakfast
: 30g Cheerios with 100 ml semi milk
coffee with 2 sweeteners and semi milk
1 banana
1 pint water

snack
1cup grapes

lunch
1 packet savoury rice

dinner
grilled chicken
jacket potato.
Salad

Last edited:
Well I've had a brilliant day, really pleased and day 1 is done, woohoo!

Glad day 1 went ok.

I can sympathise with you, i have been overweight all my life as well, constantly dieting since i was 16 and never being a 'normal' weight.

There are lots of us here for support.

Morning eveveryone

i haven't been shopping this week yet, so breakfast was the same as yesterday.

im struggling with ideas and what's good to eat, what teas do you generally have, I'm presuming meat and vegetables is good, was looking at pasta sauces in my cupboard and they all look ok too, so just a normal meal of spaggy Bol would be ok I think

im trying to drink more water but its going straight through me lolol going shopping later when OH home and pathetic builders have left for the day

Morning eveveryone

i haven't been shopping this week yet, so breakfast was the same as yesterday.

im struggling with ideas and what's good to eat, what teas do you generally have, I'm presuming meat and vegetables is good, was looking at pasta sauces in my cupboard and they all look ok too, so just a normal meal of spaggy Bol would be ok I think

im trying to drink more water but its going straight through me lolol going shopping later when OH home and pathetic builders have left for the day

Ive been having spag bol, chilli, steaks, I had gammon egg and chips the other night. Omlettes, pastas, cod and cajun potatoes, all sorts.... the food I'm eating hasn't changed too much...its all in the way of cooking it. Hope that helps to inspire??

It does thanks. Cajun potatoes sound nice, have you the recipse?

Swartz do a cajun shake in a pot.... I then just slice potatoes into thin slices, spray with some fry light and then shake the cajun shake on them. Grill them until nice and brown and then turn them over and repeat. They are lovely but do have a bit of a kick so maybe lightly shake if you're not a fan of hot hot! Swartz do plenty of flavours so can experiment. I also got a garlic one which I shook onto new potatoes and then roasted them whole...nom nom. :)

I've never used any of those shaky things, we shop at aldi so will see what they do that's the same

Wow we were going to have pork chops for tea, well I was until I saw how much fat there is, I'm having chicken.

ive just had a tuna salad, can anyone recommend a salad dressing, it was dry as old boots

Extra light mayo hellmanns - or hellmanns do a low fat dressing.. Or just lemon juice with touch sweet chilli? Just check fat content per 100g

With spag Bol use extra lean beef mince.. Not sure Aldi do it, but sainsbury do 3 500g packs for £10 at the mo

Pork chops if you cut all the fat off - or buy lean medallions of pork are ok - for some people :)

I just couldn't do it, couldn't eat the pork chop knowing it was high in fat, so I have chicken breast, I actually could live off chicken I love it

We went to tesco tonight instead of aldi, it's so expensive in there but got some nice ththings so for tea, I'm having BBq chicken with salad, sweet corn and potatoes roasted in fry light in a BBQ seasoning, it smells delicious

Morning, off to have my morning cuppa and breakfast.

little lady is having croissant today, I'm going to have Rice Krispies and a banana

Another good day, had a ham, chutney and salad roll for dinner which was delicious

For tea we had a chicken stir fry with rice noodles and I had a weight watchers ice cream for dessert and now going to start on some strawberries

EvEvening had another great day today.

took my little lady swimming this morning, then after that met some of my mummy friends for lunch, usually this involves cake and lots of attending goodies but not for me today!

breakfast
rice Krispies
coffe

lunch
ham salad diet Pepsi and a banana -:)

for tea we had sweet and sour chicken and rice then had a weight watchers toffee and honeycomb ice cream

Just realised that I didn't put in yesterday's food

breakfast
2x English muffins with a scraping of strawberry jam

lunch
spaghetti hoops on toast

tea
chicken breast, mashed potato, green beans, broccoli and a home made Yorkshire pud and gravy
i wasn't sure about the gravy as it was high in fat but didn't know what else to have, so I had a little bit and didn't take my pill just in case.

I don't know why but I find weekends fairly easy

breakfast
30g Rice Krispies with semi

lunch
baked bean toastie

usually on a Saturday we have a takeaway, not sure about tonight but I have chicken saag so I'm thinking it should be ok

Indian food is always high in fat! Takeaways do not work well with xenical!!

Back