Gin??? Anyone know what the story is?

wkdstepmum

Silver Member
Have just realised I have 2 mates' birthdays on the weekend of the 21st, just wondering what the story is with Gin and Tonic since that's my drink and I might have one!!! Is that absolutely carb-ridden???

No, I don't think theres any carbs in it, or if there is, its very low. It will keep you in ketosis, but read the sticky first about the dangers of drinking alcohol while in ketosis. I think its best to eat a meal to get you out of ketosis before drinking xxx

Thanks so much for the info Gemma! I'll read up on it!x Don't want to jeopardise my losses x

Your welcome! xxx

Its not the carbs you need to worry about, nor is it the effect on your weight loss its the fact drinking in ketosis is dangerous and you can make yourself incredibly ill.

Just be careful. I went out clubbing for the 1st time since b4 i had the kids (13 yrs ago!) last weekend, I ate a chicken salad for tea and a bar at lunch time. I drank 3 Vodka and Tonic waters. I was fine and stayed in ketosis. They are in large glasses so last for ages!! So don't go crazy with it, but have fun :) x

I agree with starlight I only had a few drinks but ended up blacking out and embarrassing myself!
Be careful - take it slow and have someone watch out for you-
This diet has to be liveable though so if you want the night out knock your self out of ketosis first!
Em x

Well am determined to be a nice small size 10 before the wedding in 6weeks, am a 12 at the mo so would much rather stick to the diet rather than risk it for a few gins! I think all things considered I'll be the designated driver instead x Thanks girls!

wkdstepmum said:
Well am determined to be a nice small size 10 before the wedding in 6weeks, am a 12 at the mo so would much rather stick to the diet rather than risk it for a few gins! I think all things considered I'll be the designated driver instead x Thanks girls!

Good plan ;)
You'll definitely be a 10 with thinking like that ;)

I've got a hen weekend in a few weeks and I've said I'll do the driving and will choose the mist fitting meal possible

Back