Girl with the dragon tattoo

Littlemisstrouble said:
Have you tried the girl with the dragon tattoo? Brilliant read and 2 more in the trilogy too! Couldn't put them down :) x

They are amazing, I loved them! I know the films are out already in swedish, but I'm sure they are bringing out a new one starring Daniel Craig xx

They are amazing, I loved them! I know the films are out already in swedish, but I'm sure they are bringing out a new one starring Daniel Craig xx

they are,it comes out at christmas :).
I havent read these yet, i heard that they can be a bit slow to start with though. Did you think that? Im tempted to get these when I get my kindle. xx

I havent read these yet, i heard that they can be a bit slow to start with though. Did you think that? Im tempted to get these when I get my kindle. xx

The first book in the trilogy, Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is pretty slow at the start, and deals more with the main male character (whose name escapes me), its not until Lisbet is part of the story that it really picks up. But bear with it, and remember that it is the Swedish legal system that is being dealt with, which seems a lot different to our own, but its still very interesting even so. However once Lisbet is on the scene the book really takes off, and the other 2 books in the series are mainly about Lisbet and are just amazing books. The series is just an amzing read, I got through all 3 in one week, could not put them down. I have seen all 3 films as well, they are pretty good too, but it did help that I had read the books first as it explained a lot that the films couldnt.

I have these books waiting on the shelf to be read, I was going to start to them, then I started reading Jo Nesbo...LOVE them! Some say that Jo Nesbo's books are better than the Millenium trilogy??...

I'm just about to start The girl with the dragon tattoo, I'm really looking forward to it.

I have this book but I've been out off starting it by a few people saying its a hard read to get into - dont know weather to cut my losses now or try it out?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I found the beginning of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo a tad dull and struggled to get into it which isn't a problem a find very often. However, once you get past the first few chapters it does get very very good (in my opinion). I think it's well worth persisting and I had no such difficulties with the sequels either.

I've given up only because I found another series take my fancy more but will keep the book and try again in a few months as I've heard nothing but good once you get into it

I've given up only because I found another series take my fancy more but will keep the book and try again in a few months as I've heard nothing but good once you get into it

That's exactly what I did. It was probably about my 3rd attempt that I got into it, and I think that time it only happened because I was stuck in a hospital waiting room with nothing else to do! :rotflmao:

I couldn't get into the 1st 1 but now you've all said it is a good read a tad further in then I might swell start it again....wanna read it before I see the film

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Sorry to all the fans, I know lots of people love Steig Larsson's trilogy but I actually couldn't get into the book at all. A friend who wouldn't be a big reader at all read it and loved it. Something that drove me crazy was the amount of details Larsson went into for things that ended up not being significant to the story.

SkinniMinnie said:
Sorry to all the fans, I know lots of people love Steig Larsson's trilogy but I actually couldn't get into the book at all. A friend who wouldn't be a big reader at all read it and loved it. Something that drove me crazy was the amount of details Larsson went into for things that ended up not being significant to the story.

I tried again and it didn't click with me BOOOO!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Have just finished Dragon Tattoo.... found it a bit slow - maybe too much financial information for me. However the bits with Lisabeth seemed to flow much better. Have just started "Fire" and so far am quite impressed.

Loved the first book, but felt the other 2 droned on a bit. I think Jo Nesbo is a better writer and his stories are exciting!! Give him a try, have read all of his so far and they are all good!:)

I'd say the book. It's more detailed and will help you to follow the film better when you do get round to seeing it (especially if you're watching the Swedish ones). It also made some of the more graphic scenes in the film a bit less-shocking as I knew what was coming.

Back