Give up what exactly??

Starlight

Gold Member
I had to laugh at work the other day.. people were talking about Lent. Someone asked me what I was giving up. Well first and foremost I dont do Lent, Im not Catholic, but seriously what the hell do they think I can actually give up :rotflmao:

Starlight! You made me laugh out loud.

I was listening to Alistair Campbell on R4 this am talking abt alcoholism. We are very light drinkers. I used to drink a lot but my DH's moderation rubbed off on me. I was just asking him for a box to put the Pimms bottles into the garage.

And it's made me think...maybe I am now teetotal. That would be a good way to eliminate the empty calories.....But then I thought, I do like a Pimms now and then in the summer. And then I thought, I won't be having any this summer!

Have a good evening, Starlight and all.

Ali

I literally laughed out loud then, luckily I'd finished swallowing the tea I had in my mouth otherwise it would have been all over my computer screen!

I was thinking that I could give up negative thoughts, all the "I can't do this" thoughts. PMA all the way for me :D

I was thinking that I could give up negative thoughts, all the "I can't do this" thoughts. PMA all the way for me :D

LOVE this, I'm not religious, but I may take up Lent just so I can "Give up negative thoughts" for it :D

There is a lady that I work with that is giving up the lift at the office for lent. We are on the 5th floor and she said she will use the stairs instead for all of lent. I'm tempted to join her!

We were talking about this at work and someone asked me, I said I'm giving up my fat LOL

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using MiniMins

Back