Give your body some credit!

Amelie24

Okay I'm not sure how people feel about this but I've found that even though I'm overweight just now it's really helpful to keep going over how amazing my body is- not in an arrogant sense (I suffered from Body dysmorphic disorder in the past so I could never feel like that!) but in terms of what it can do for me and all the positives too.

Try listing 3 things you like about your body even if you don't like it's size just now xx

I can only think of 2 for now!:

1. My body never gives up when I do my workouts which are always high-intensity
2. I really have womanly curves, let's say I've got junk in my trunk ;)

i can only think of two at the mo, the first and most important to me is my body gave me my two beautiful children who are my world.
2 i love my curves despite still being overweight

I can think of one - I have curves. Yes, they may be hidden at the minute under some fat, but they are slowly making themselves seen. I love that I have boobs and a bum, and that, once I have lost the rest of my weight, I will have a pretty good figure.

I read this thread just after you started it and really wanted to join in but struggled with thinking of something I liked about my body. If it had been a thread about things I don't like I could have filled it! but I did really want to give my body some credit and not be so negative and think I may have got there with 3 things so thank you for starting this thread x

1 I think my body deserves some credit for the years of pressure and mistreatment I put it through
2 I like the fact I now have visible collarbones
3 I tried on some clothes today and thought my bum looked nice in them (if I do say so myself) :p

Things I like about my body:

1 - I'm curvy. I may be overweight now but I have always had cuves.
2 - It lets me do the exercise that I want to do .
3 - I am stronger than I look.

1. I like the way my body is useful for hugs!! And they feel pretty damn good too. :)

2. I suffered with a severe eating disorder for years and never thought I would be able to cope with being at a higher weight. I have proved myself wrong and now can at least appreciate my body when I don't like it.

3. I quite like my boobs (in the right kind of top!)

my body gave me my son
My waist is pretty small considering my weight ( I know when I get to target it will be very tiny )
I love my collarbones - since losing weight they have popped through x

I like this thread too can't think of too many things I like about my body apart from my bum it's shapely and curvy without being fat the only thing that isn't really. I do like my bum :)

Yay, glad to see all the positivity! if you can only think of 1 or 2 just now then feel free to come back and add another couple when you think of them!

Jo, without sounding odd you also have a really pretty face- with a good golden-ratio like layout.

I like 1. My curves/hourglassiness, 2. My bust (never gonna need a boob job!), 3. That my legs are allowing me to start running/jogging even though they're not naturally athletic!

xxx

This is a lovely thread <3

1. I love my bottom (as does my bf!), so I hope that SW doesn't rob me of too much my booty!
2. I have put it through some crap over the years (EDs, yo-yoing and drink) but its still a reliable thing and I'm learning how to treat it better.
3. After training very hard for 18 months a few years ago, I now have a good shape (regardless of weigh) and it now reacts to excercise twice as fast as it used to. I can build muscle and tone up in no time, putting in the gym hours is worth it!

I love all your positive thoughts

Mine are

1) My body has given me two daughters
2) It's allowed me to bounce back to a nice shape with little amount of stretch marks
3) That it still looks after me and is forgiving even though I've abused it with over eating in the past

Back