Giving EE a go

nettie

Gold Member
Hi everyone, so I have always done red days but I am getting a bit bored food wise and running out of ideas. Bit fed up of meat and salad or meat and veg! I am so apprehensive about doing EE and wondered if anyone could give me a few tips. I think I'm going to struggle with the 1/3 super free food, especially at breakfast as I usually just have toast. Could I just have toast and fruit? I'm so confused!? thanks in advance xx

Yeah Toast as your healthy B and then follow it with a banana, that's what I do. but I have fruit & fibre cereal instead then followed with a Banana or apple

You don't have to have superfree at every meal, funnily enough (at least I am pretty sure you don't have to). If I am at home and having breakfast i will have a full breakfast with tons of toms and mushrooms so that takes care of the superfree. If I am at uni I will have fruit and yoghourt.

I used to follow green days, and regardless of how much I love veg, heaping it on a plate day in and day out would drive me insane. So instead I make superfree soup and blitz it. I will have a bowl of this before my meal that way I am getting more veg and it fills me up so my main meal is a little smaller than if I wasn't having soup. I still add veg to the plate, but I don't worry too much if it's not 1/3 as I will have had a decent amount from the soup.

I will have a bowl of soup before lunch as well if I am home, or I will take the soup with me to uni. I think as long as you get a decent amount of superfree (and this includes fruit such as snacks or topping on a meringue and yoghurt) then you should be fine.

Soup is how I cheat in a sense and apparently a lot of people do it this way. Get friendly with a stock pot and a hand blender!

Thanks for the replies. I love casseroles so if I bulk these out with lots of veg and have it with some potatoes would that be right for an EE meal? Do I have to have protein and carb at each meal... so if I wanted a ham salad is that ok or do I have to have pasta or something with it? I know these are pretty basic questions but I just cant get my head round eating that much and losing weight x

Thanks for the replies. I love casseroles so if I bulk these out with lots of veg and have it with some potatoes would that be right for an EE meal? Do I have to have protein and carb at each meal... so if I wanted a ham salad is that ok or do I have to have pasta or something with it? I know these are pretty basic questions but I just cant get my head round eating that much and losing weight x

No just have it as you want doesn't need to be in same meal.

Will you let me know if it changes your losses? I've switched from ee to red for a bit but ill need to go back at some point as there is only so much meat you can eat.

They key is, don't over think it!! You don't have to have 1/3 meat, 1/3 carbs, 1/3 superfree every meal. If you're wanting speedy results, 1/3 superfree is essential but if you're in no rush then don't worry if some meals have less than 1/3!!

And as for breakfasts you will probably find some other breakfasts you like. For example cereals, or fruit and yogurt x

thanks hun, yeah I'll let you know. I have gone a bit off plan this week- had a lot going on emotionally and turned to comfort eating... will I ever change that flipping habit!? so I am hoping I can maintain. I'll start EE tomorrow though and keep you informed. I love red days but this is the longest I have done SW and I'm running out of ideas. I don't do green days as they leave me extremely bloated x

They key is, don't over think it!! You don't have to have 1/3 meat, 1/3 carbs, 1/3 superfree every meal. If you're wanting speedy results, 1/3 superfree is essential but if you're in no rush then don't worry if some meals have less than 1/3!!

And as for breakfasts you will probably find some other breakfasts you like. For example cereals, or fruit and yogurt x

Ideally I want to wake up tomorrow a size 12... how much SF will I need for that haha
I have only lost 18lbs since January so its a very slow process at the moment, really need a boost to keep me motivated x

casseroles are good I make mine in the slow cooker I buy the chopped vedge packet from asda or Tesco with leeks onions etc already prepared and just pop in some lean meat and a stock cube, serve with new potatoes its a good filling meal, for breakfast I have a healthy b cereal topped with fat free yog and fruit

You don't have to have superfree at every meal, funnily enough (at least I am pretty sure you don't have to). If I am at home and having breakfast i will have a full breakfast with tons of toms and mushrooms so that takes care of the superfree. If I am at uni I will have fruit and yoghourt.

I used to follow green days, and regardless of how much I love veg, heaping it on a plate day in and day out would drive me insane. So instead I make superfree soup and blitz it. I will have a bowl of this before my meal that way I am getting more veg and it fills me up so my main meal is a little smaller than if I wasn't having soup. I still add veg to the plate, but I don't worry too much if it's not 1/3 as I will have had a decent amount from the soup.

I will have a bowl of soup before lunch as well if I am home, or I will take the soup with me to uni. I think as long as you get a decent amount of superfree (and this includes fruit such as snacks or topping on a meringue and yoghurt) then you should be fine.

Soup is how I cheat in a sense and apparently a lot of people do it this way. Get friendly with a stock pot and a hand blender!

This is such a great idea....why haven't I ever thought of it!!!;)

I only do EE occasionally but I still think this is a great idea for red and green days too...

I have got some packets of asparagus in the freezer that I bought when they were on offer some time ago and I notice there is a nice looking asparagus soup recipe in the latest SW mag......perfect!
Off to make soup now!!

there is a fabby book that gives you exercises to do and tells you which type of eater you are and there are more then you realise. Then it goes on to get you to think about events in your life that causes this and where the issue might have come from. Just working through the exercises made me realise where my weight problems stemmed from and I feel more in control.

You can probably get the book in the library 'lose weight with NLP by lyndsey agness Obviously you won't need to do the rest of it, but I did find the questionnaires and questions very informative on their own without doing the NLP stuff

ive gained half a lb this week... my own fault, I've been terrible. I'm going to do mainly EE this week and see how I get on. thanks for the replies x

Aim for one third superfree, although as said that is just a recommendation not mandatory, but the other two third can be be whatever you want - red free, green free, healthy extras, syns or even more superfree :)

Hi all,
i'm just starting my 2nd week of SW and am following the EE plan but I have a quick question. Can I have just a jacket potato and baked beans for a meal on EE? I don't fancy salad or veg on the same plate as baked beans so I wouldn't as such be having superfree foods on 1/3 of my plate so is this ok? I do plan on having a fruit salad afterwards so would that count as my 1/3 superfree? Any advice would be gratefully received. x

Back