Giving it a go...

sarahlou72

Hi there, am new to the juddd part of this forum but when I did s&s earlier in the year this site helped so much thought I'd join you guys. Ive put on 7lbs since finishing s&s in April and failed miserably on WW :(
After watching horizon, myself and my partner were completely sold (both for weight loss and health), so here I am!
Yesterday we did a dd with 500 cals and today is an ud :)
Trouble is i'm unsure of how many days to do (am sorry if this is a repeated question!) - he feels 5:2 is sustainable for him, which is fine (he works out a lot) but i just want to do what will lose the weight quicker - atleast till I'm down to a healthy bmi, which is a stone and a half. I was thinking about doing 3 days (mon, weds and fri) but no food, so complete fasting... Does anyone else do this? It's not something I see myself doing forever, more as a kickstart really then settle into a more realistic 3 dd's with minimal cals... :)
Am 40 in 4 weeks and would really like to lose 7lbs....

Hi and welcome, most of us here do 3 DD s and 4 UP and some do alternate UP DD, I personally do 3 DD s M,W,F and the rest UP. Complete fasting on your DD s is absolutely fine but to be perfectly honest its not necessary, I did it about 5 weeks in as I was finding it easier not to eat as eating made me hungrier but my weight loss stalled if anything , found online that others in the same position had experienced the same thing and when they started eating their DD cals again the weight loss resumed and this is more or less what I found too. Its entirely up to you which way you do it but I personally wouldn't make it harder than it needs to be as I didn't see any benefit to not eating. Though I must add the more people that do Juddd the more I realise thats its a very individual diet and what works for some doesn't for others so do what feels right for you x

Hi Sarahlou,

What you say makes sense and i think you can def lose 7 in 4 weeks.

Having talked to a nutritionist recently who advocates JUDD she told me its essential to stick to about 450 to 500 cals on at least two DD BUT not go less or more. If you go less you go into starvation mode and if more well, it doesnt trigger the fat burning mechanism in your body. So doing that number of cals is there for a reason.

She says the 2.5 regime is fine and works over the course of time and should give one a 1lb to 2lb per week loss ie 2 DD per week.

She worked out my metabolic rate for me and said I could try this which i am doing

2x DD
4 X UP and I will not count a calorie at all
1 x sticking to 1800 cals a day which is my worked out metabolic rate.

Maybe thats worth a try or consideration

Lots of love

Liz xxx

Thanks to both of you :) you've given me lots to think about... It makes sense to eat the cals on the dd I guess, I definitely don't want my weight to just sts so will eat the 500 ( in all honesty I've got to today as got to 11 and I was so famished I had some nutrigrain biscuits!) I appreciate this isn't a "diet" as such, more of a lifestyle change, which I fully embrace! I guess I'm worrying about my birthday a little so was trying to think of a way to lose maximum weight, however if you guys think I'm likely to lose 7lbs doing it this way then who am I to argue! Would much rather eat ;)
I agree too (having browsed the threads) that it's a system where you will find out the best way for you in the long run, I would be happy to get down to my ideal bmi by Christmas, nice and slow... Unfortunately I'm putting pressure on myself to look my best on my birthday! What I really should have done is not left it so close!! Haha oh well will see how I go!
And once again thanks for your input - looking forward to getting to know everyone on here :)

Sarahlou,

Maybe relax and take off the pressure for your 40 th. begin now and see what happens. You will lose weight and certainly feel better than now....thats a guarantee. If you plan you can diet until your b.day and take two days of UP to celebrate without any sabotage.....no other diet allows that as far as I know. Continue with the diet then as its laid out and get it all off for xmas.

Join me....i have just begun and have a goal as xmas and sound as if we weigh around he same now.

Lots of love and supprt.

Liz. Xxx

Aww thanks Liz, will def join you! Am sure if we stick at it we'll have Christmas in the bag ;)
I need to be 10stone to be a healthy bmi... Weighed this morning and I'm 11.4/5 ish (need to invest in some digital scales!)
Am definitely not going to panic about my bday... (I have been) so will stick at the plan and see how I do...
We've rented a house by the sea for 3 nights, there's 14 of us (no kids! Ahh bliss!) so will be eating for 4 days unfortunately BUT I have every intention of having a dd the minute we get back :)
My OH weighed this morning and has lost nearly a stone! Unbelievable how men seem to shed weight so blimmin quick!! He's only had 2 dd like me!
Ah well - will get there in the end!
Sarah xx

Hello. I'm in my third week and lost 7lb in my first 2 weeks so I'm sure you can do it. I do dd Mon wed and Fri, though switched it up if I needed to swap my days round.
I'm honestly not finding it that hard. I came from cambridge so used to fasting. My diary could do with some extra people if you want to join.
Good luck x

Hi Sahara - 7lbs is brilliant! I so hope I can do that well... I'm struggling a bit with fasting - thought I'd be a dab hand having done s&s earlier in the year but I'm sure I'll get into the swing of things - its definitely a great incentive seeing people having good steady losses... Am also going to do m,w,f - cant wait till I'm a few weeks in and I see results as I'm still in a state of surely this is too good to be true! Ha! Have felt like ive eaten loads today!! Will def subscribe to your diary :)

Back