Giving it a go

toxicsgrl

Gold Member
My up days should be 3050 cals and my downs should be 610.

I've been doing it for a couple of weeks and it's defo for me :) although I have never got up to 3050 on my UDs! I have about 2250.

I have an up fri and sat, then down and up until Friday weigh in. Thursday being a down day.

I think if I ate 3050 cals in one day I'd spend the whole day eating!

On a DD I have a muller Greek yog (130) for breakfast, salad or cuppa soup and toast for lunch, loadsa water and a ham salad for tea or something similar.

As u can see I have LOADS to lose, that's why my UD cals are so high! Too high i think!

Good luck to everyone else :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well today I'm having a DD. I'm not well ATM so I'm gonna go back to bed and wallow in pain. The good thing is I'm not that hungry and if I sleep through lunch then that's one less meal to worry about!

For tea I'm doing chorizo and tortellini for my OH and son but I will save some for myself for tomorrow. I think I'll just have yoghurt for tea. Not nutritionally brilliant but I ate alot yesterday so want to have an especially low day today to make up for it.

How's everyone else doing? What are your cal limits on both days and what do you eat? X

Hi and welcome, have you started a Diary yet, I find it really helps keep me on track x

bajoleth said:
Hi and welcome, have you started a Diary yet, I find it really helps keep me on track x

I have a well established diary in the slim fast section as that's what I started on :) it does help me keep going :) x

Hi :) I am just on my 3rd week and try for 3 but with social events etc on some weeks, i know that won't always be possible, so am aiming for at least 2!

Good luck!!

HI, sorry that you're not feeling well. I hope you get better soon.

I'm on a dd today (I usually do dd on Mon, Wed & FRi but was ill yesterday). I have found that the more DDs I do the easier they get. Although I have 'hungry moments' all throughout the day! They do go though eventually if I drink some water and try to keep busy.

On Thursday I will have been doing this for 2 weeks. Good luck! :)

I weigh on a Friday but don't hold out much hope for a loss this week as its TOTM .
I had a bad food weekend and this is my first DD this week. I think im going to have a middle sort of day tomorrow and a DD on Thursday.

No hun but you are not feeling well today are you ? xx Also make sure you are drinking enough I aim for at least 2 litres of water on a DD, I hate it but its a necessary evil x

Hi, and well done for doing a DD when not well. I do three DD a week, Mon/Wed/Frid, UD's the others. I also have a lot to lose & have done every diet thats been written over 20yrs of yo yo ing!! LOL!! This works & is doable as a lifestyle. I've lost 11lbs in 5 weeks and am chuffed. Like you i track my cals on MFP. i do 500 DD and between 1500-2000 UD's. I try to eat healthy, but if i want Chocolate or pastry on an UD i've been having it, and still losing!! I think for this to work you do need to be pretty relaxed on UD's, but super strict on the DD's.
Yes sometimes i do feel a bit lightheaded & tired on DD's, however I believe its because your blood sugar drops rapidly on a DD ..however the more i get into the plan the less often it happens..I can now go for walks on a DD and do the garden, plus work & be OK, you just have to stick with it. Your body will try & object..don't give in.!!! Good Luck, enjoy!!

bajoleth said:
No hun but you are not feeling well today are you ? xx Also make sure you are drinking enough I aim for at least 2 litres of water on a DD, I hate it but its a necessary evil x

I've had well over 2 litres today.
I think I must be lightheaded coz it's my period and I have them bad so less food probably made it worse. Oh well, it's nearly bed time :)

JillyCornwall said:
Hi, and well done for doing a DD when not well. I do three DD a week, Mon/Wed/Frid, UD's the others. I also have a lot to lose & have done every diet thats been written over 20yrs of yo yo ing!! LOL!! This works & is doable as a lifestyle. I've lost 11lbs in 5 weeks and am chuffed. Like you i track my cals on MFP. i do 500 DD and between 1500-2000 UD's. I try to eat healthy, but if i want Chocolate or pastry on an UD i've been having it, and still losing!! I think for this to work you do need to be pretty relaxed on UD's, but super strict on the DD's.
Yes sometimes i do feel a bit lightheaded & tired on DD's, however I believe its because your blood sugar drops rapidly on a DD ..however the more i get into the plan the less often it happens..I can now go for walks on a DD and do the garden, plus work & be OK, you just have to stick with it. Your body will try & object..don't give in.!!! Good Luck, enjoy!!

Thank you :) and well done on your losses too :)
I'm not looking forward to weigh in as it's TOTM but if I do get a loss I'll be super happy. This will be the first week I've done juddd properly! We shall see :) x

Today is an up day so I've had a yoghurt and beans on toast for breakfast. As I'm so used to only having a yoghurt for breakfast, I think the beans on toast will keep me proper full well past lunch time.

I may have a cuppa soup or something just to keep my metabolism going then I'm doing pasta and chorizo for tea.

I hope I lose on Friday!

Keep up the good work, enjoy your UD and let the JUDD magic work!!!

Back