Giving yourself permission to go off track...

pixie-gem

Gold Member
What's that about?

The last couple of weeks, i have been equally bad and good (as many good days as bad) and everytime, i say that i'm gonna have a blow out, get it out of my system and start afresh the next day....until a few days later when i do it again!

Obviously there is something very wrong here, i think my problem may be that i've started to think of SW as a diet, (you don't "cheat" on healthy eating).
At the beginning, i was having loads of yummy meals and didn't feel remotely deprived or anything, but lately (well since my holibobs if i'm honest) i've just been circling the drain as it were, and have been very very lucky not to have gained!

Today, i have been on track (i know it's only 12pm lol) but had fruit and muller for brekkie, and have a large pot of chicken stew a bubblin' away on the hob, so hopefully i will be able to kick myself into touch (feel free to gimme a boot too :p)

So...does anyone else do this? Or am i truly the strange little pixie i've always thought i was?

Do you talk yourself into things as much as talking yourselves out of them?
Why do you think we do it, and have you found any solutions?

Thanking you kindly, gentle folk :D xx

I do it, more than I'd like to admit.

I had no syns on Monday and ended up with a Chinese at lunch yesterday and full fat coke. 'It won't be that bad' I told myself. Sneaky peek on the scales this morning said otherwise.

I have no idea why I do it but I do. A lot.

I personally think sw is a diet. I never used to think of it as one until after I hit target first time round. It was then that I realised that although I can have lots of things on sw there is lots I can't have and certainly not in the quantities and frequencies I'd like to have them in and lots of people around me(that luckily for them don't get fat) seem to be able to.
I am now back on track after rebelling and playing around with accepting the fact that it is a diet and what is more important to me the weight loss or the unhealthy choice of snack/food/drink etc
I think when we have had breaks for holidays/celebrations we maybe get a taste for these things and its hard to get back out of that habit.

I'm not sure if any of this makes sense and I know lots of people will not be happy at the suggestion that it is a diet but for me I think if I'd been more accepting of the fact that it was a diet I'd have not ended up about a stone back on after target although perhaps if I had thought of it as a diet I wouldn't have got there in the first place? But I think it is a diet but ablooming good one where we can eat lots of tasty foods so maybe you need to be planning ahead and cooking more of those meals again to stop you feeling deprived?
The chicken stew sounds very nice though! x

I do it, more than I'd like to admit.

I had no syns on Monday and ended up with a Chinese at lunch yesterday and full fat coke. 'It won't be that bad' I told myself. Sneaky peek on the scales this morning said otherwise.

I have no idea why I do it but I do. A lot.

At least i'm not the only one but it's not a club you would wanna join is it :(

Chicken stew is smelling yummy Emsie :) Thanks for your reply and i think you are probably right about the planning aspect and needing to get back on that x

Totally know where your coming from on this one. I think as has already been said when you have something like a holiday where you allow yourself to eat whatever you want your body gets the taste for it and tricks your brain in to thinking thats what you want all the time. I find that if you can get through a week back on SW then its get much easier but getting to that week can be a big struggle.

I personally don't think of SW as a diet as soon as I do I start to restrict myself and think well I can't have that or this. Thats when I go off the rails, this is an eating plan for life for me and not a quick fix diet, if I go back to eating what I want I will gain the weight back, that's why I needed to join SW in the first place!

I do get a little bit fed up of having to plan everything I'm going to eat. But I know if I don't things will start to go wrong. I'm not that type of person that think on my feet and make something on plan from a load of nothing in the cupboards (my OH is the chef in our house and he is brill at this!)

Anyway enough of my ramblings, one day at a time, one meal if needs be. The longer you do it the easier it gets.

Back