Glucosamine and weight loss?

serafyn

Hi I'm new lol I'm also really sorry if this is in the wrong place but here goes....

I have been taking Glucosamine Sulphate for the past week to aid my knee pain and I can tell you it is soooo much better whether psycological or not. I do get hung up on the word 'Glucos" does that mean it is a sugar and will hinder weight loss???

Hope not as I'm not going to be able to move without it??:cry:

:wave_cry::D

Hi, Glucosamine helps maintain healthy joints and bones, it helps with maintence of healthy cartliage and ligaments. It really helps me recover after doing some weight lifting.. and no it has nothing to do with sugar so dont worry!

Glucosamine is found naturally in the body. It is an amino sugar (aminomonosaccharide – amino = protein; monosaccharide = simple sugar) which contains sulphur and is used for growth and repair of connective tissues, joints and cartilage. It is found actually IN the cartilage, but less so as we age.

I use it as I am bodysculpting and I do heavy weight lifting and also I suffer from shin splints and I run, row and cycle loads...

I've been taking it for arthritis for over 6 months now, it won't affect your weight loss at all.

cheers everyone for the response x

Hi I'm new lol I'm also really sorry if this is in the wrong place but here goes....

I have been taking Glucosamine Sulphate for the past week to aid my knee pain and I can tell you it is soooo much better whether psycological or not. I do get hung up on the word 'Glucos" does that mean it is a sugar and will hinder weight loss???

Hope not as I'm not going to be able to move without it??:cry:

:wave_cry::D

Hi

I just wanted to say thanks for mentioning thsi cos I have knee pain for a year now that the doctors have not really helped with. I'm going to give this a shot.

Back