Gluten wheat & aspartame free.....but determined to do sw

Hello Guys

I have been strongly advised to follow a gluten, wheat free diet and avoid the sweetener aspartame as much as humanly possible to help my colitis and ibs which has recently been a royal pain in the arse....literally!
I am desperate to lose these lbs I have gained over the past year and SW is all I feel confident doing tbh.....

I am after some advise on following the plan with the intollerances avoided - G/R/EE best (assuming green could be pretty limited and expensive)
HE choices and perhaps I could have a look at someones food diary if you are wheat/gluten free.

Any advice gratefully received anyhow xx
Chocochick

Hi chocochick,

My sister has coeliacs disease so everything we eat in our house is gluten and wheat free. It was really hard work following a gluten free diet when we were on Weight Watchers but its so much easier on Slimming World!

Breakfast is the hardest meal of the day for her but we have started doing bacon, baked beans and boiled potatoes chucked in the frying pan with frylight, peppers and onion to get the superfree in. Either that or fruit salad and a muller light depending on how hungry we are. Cereals are really limited :( We've found the easiest way to do lunches is to cook big batches of soup or syn free dinners - chicken casserole, chilli etc and have a smaller portion than we would at dinner or have a jacket, beans and salad. All of which is easy enough to do in the microwave at work.

I don't know if it will apply to you with colitis but for coeliacs disease my sister gets prescriptions of gluten and wheat free pasta, lasagne sheets, crispbreads, wholemeal loaves (which still count as hexb if you get the right one). But you can buy all of these in the big supermarkets, although they are pretty pricey.

She only weighs 11st and lost 4.5lb in her first week and consistently loses 1-1.5lb a week and is pretty close to target now so it can be done...you will just need to cook almost every meal from scratch.

Good luck and if you have any questions I'll be happy to help if I can. x

Back