Go Lower - is not just a diet , it changes your life style

AC13

A little bit about me as a background
During last 15 years or so, I have tried SO many diets that I will not be able to list all of them... some of them were more successful than others. However, I've always put the weight back on, and a bit more... most of us know the unfortunate "yo-yo" effect of the diets. ;-( diets have never prepared me for the "after-diet" ( i.e. life) stage and on occasions played havoc with my metabolic rate.
Two years ago, I tried a different approach - I started intensive exercise ( Running and Gym) and finished my first ever Half Marathon. Even though I still can't believe I actually finished it in a good time...all the "carb loading" as preparation for the run didn't do the magic to my body. Especially when I didn't stop it after the training... as my carb craving were really bad.
So, as a result I was a bit lost: busy at work, stressed, going out ..it all meant unhealthy dinners and drinks, no motivation or new ideas about what to do next.... when a friend mentioned Go Lower and that she has lost 4st with their help.
Go Lower
At first, I was not convinced, as I did like the idea of "pre-packed" food. In my mind it meant "unhealthy" and" full of preservatives". But my friend convinced my over wise and I decided to give it a go, and I never regretted my decision.
During ordering process I was asked a lot questions , so the diet could be modified to my needs. So, I was surprised to have a SHOCK of my life when it arrived! It was not a lot!!!.. it took me two weeks of Detox stage to realise that WAS CORRECT amount of food I needed if I want to lose weight. What really helped that food is really tasty and the Support team is very friendly and helpful. and... I guess high protein and fat kept me from being extremely hungry.
it took me about a week to kick start ketosis.
I am now at the last stage of the "go Lower" subscription and it totally changed my approach to eating : I eat smaller and more frequent high protein meals with fresh veg. I've learned that healthy dinner doesn't need to take long to cook and that even during busy day at work I can have a healthy lunch ( if I plan in advance ( it also saves a bit of money too)).
Results
I had about 2St to lose. I've lost 1St in two months ( I admit not the fastest weight lose, but I can maintain it this time!). I have another stone to lose , but I know I can do it as Go Lower has changed my approach to food. and I have lost most of my cravings. For example: I can't stand taste of fizzy drinks now -they taste just too sweet now... i am not going to lie! I still like chocolate and puddings, but i can limit it. if I overdo it during a business trip or night out, I don't beat myself up for it, I just go back to the "detox" stage. ( i think it's ok, as far as i don't do it too often...)
Future:
Wish me luck! I still have a stone to lose, but this time I know I can do it and maintain it! :)

Hi AC13,

Well done on what you have achieved so far.

Me
I too have tried a variety of diets, LighterLife and Cambridge to name a view and have had some success as I have lost the weight I wanted to loose, keeping it off was always the issue and I take responsibility for this as I never followed through to the maintenance just got the weight off and tried to manage it on my own. The last couple of years have been the hardest as I have had a number of health issues (touch wood are now under control) and as a result my weight has been all over the place at my heaviest 17 stone plus and my lowest 10st 7lbs.
I have spent the last 4 months trying to get back into LighterLife but was not able to and just last week googled Lo-Carb and came across Jenny Craig and Go Lower.

Go Lower
So last week I called and had my consultation and I'm looking forward to really giving this ago. Go Lower seems realistic not just because you can eat out bu beacuse whaever diet you do especially with regards to meal replacement you have to eventually go back to regular food.

So that's me for now I'll let you know how I get on.

Last edited:
I, too have discovered Go Lower, having read about it in the Daily Mail in an article that was comparing various diets. I must admit I'd never heard of it before so I did a bit of research and liked what I read on their website. I phoned up and had a consultation and then signed up for the 20 week programme. It is not cheap, I have to say that, but they send you all the food you need (except fruit, veg and dairy) so that you don't have to worry about how much you're eating. The breakfast granola is brilliant and so low in carbs and you have that with Total greek yoghurt and berries, the lunch soups are tasty and thick and the evening meals which you have with a prescribed amount of your own veg, are varied and tasty although the sauce that they come in can be a bit thin. But amazing variety, chicken dishes, beef dishes, sausage casserole, meat balls in delicious sauce, even prawn curry. The whole programme has been so well researched with sound science to back it up and once you're into the diet, you don't feel hungry at all. I've lost 2 stone since the beginning of March '12 and I've lost steadily week on week. Once you are in the final weeks of the regime they wean you off their food by giving you diet advice and recipe suggestions so that you can carry on independently for as long as you want. I think this diet's so good, I shall follow it for ever, in one way or another.

Hi JeanieH,

I'm glad to hear of someone else doing well, makes me even more eager to start!

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Back