Goal achievable?

Tux

Hi guys,

I started my weight loss journey on March 2012. I'm 6ft, male, 24, large-framed and started at 24 stone.

Through diet and exercise, with intermittent vlcd fasts every 5 months, I've managed to get down to 14 stone. I've been doing a lot of weight training recently and have toned up quite a bit, still a way to go though! I've gone from 48" to 34" on the waist and gone from 3XL to Medium/large in tops.

I wish to cut down to 12 stone by February 1st and maintain that weight from there, but reducing my bodyfat % of course.

My main questions are, do you see this goal achievable and would you cut past 12 stone (say 11 stone 7lbs) at first, as I know you lose quite a bit of water weight at the start of vlcds.

I'll be doing the exante total solution and will be making my workouts less intense during its course, due to the calorie deficit. I already drink over a gallon of water a day, so no issues in the hydration department.

Thanks!

Tux

Last edited:
Only you know your body but dropping as low as 11.7lbs for a 6', large framed young man sounds very low to me. It will take you to the lower end of the 'healthy' BMI scale for your height. I would have thought you needed a BMI closer to the 25 mark especially as you are working out so much and muscle weighs more than fat. You have done so well already. I'm not in the business of discouraging anyone from getting to where they want to be but all I would say is be careful. You can go too far and too skinny is also not a very attractive look. Good luck.

Congratulations on your weight loss ! You can get to your goal weight mos def. Weight training is excellent to help tone and minimise loose skin. My husband is doing exactly what you're doing. As our friend said try not to go too carried away with the scales, especially as your building muscle. Just know what size clothes you would like to fit in. Once you achieve that and your happy with the way you look I would switch to maintaining. Remember when you start eating normally again from vlcd we put on 7lbs quite quickly so make concessions for that. You have done amazing :)

Thanks for the responses guys, they are most helpful. @Thornhill Cate - I wanted to drop to 11st 7lbs, as you put weight on rather fast after returning to a normal (even healthy) diet, as Goldenfemale mentioned above. My golden goal is of course 12 stone, once I hit that - it'll just be a case of maintaining that weight and dropping my bf%. I hit 14 stone today, edited my initial post to show :). Just 2 stone to go, can't wait!

Back