GOAL DATE rather than WEIGHT GOAL

wannabesize10

Silver Member
Hi All,
I have decided to set a date target and i feel this will be more achievable for me to stay on the plan as i only have till a certain date to lose the weight mine is 31st July is my last diet day .. of course i will be going up the plans at this stage ..but i know it’s going to help me because if i feel like a blip or divert from the plan i am risking my end weight goal, as i have decided what ever i weight on 1st August will be my goal weight and i will maintain it so therefore i want to lose as much as i possibly can in these 7 weeks and don’t want to risk a low loss weigh in week
Not sure if this will work but i feel better now i am not aiming for numbers on the scales a bonus as my scales batteries have run out ! – anyone else got a way of keeping motivated and focused ?

Hi All,
I have decided to set a date target and i feel this will be more achievable for me to stay on the plan as i only have till a certain date to lose the weight mine is 31st July is my last diet day .. of course i will be going up the plans at this stage ..but i know it’s going to help me because if i feel like a blip or divert from the plan i am risking my end weight goal, as i have decided what ever i weight on 1st August will be my goal weight and i will maintain it so therefore i want to lose as much as i possibly can in these 7 weeks and don’t want to risk a low loss weigh in week
Not sure if this will work but i feel better now i am not aiming for numbers on the scales a bonus as my scales batteries have run out ! – anyone else got a way of keeping motivated and focused ?

I noticed that on your sig earlier and thought it was quite a good idea!

May even adopt it after a couple of weeks :) x

Good luck with your goal!

Just remember that sometimes even when you stick to a plan 100% we get weeks where we sts or have very low losses... happened to me for two weeks and I have a looming event that I am desperate to reach a mini target for...

I think its a good diea I am just saying that you should be prepared that no matter what you do, you may fall behind your expected loss just because your body is taking a rest :)

Just saying this because you said u didnt want to risk a low loss week :)

Good luck.. my aim is to be totally happy with my shape, size and weight at the end of the plan regardless of saggy bits and problem areas :)
x

Thanks Tilly - Your right i will accept a low loss week if i have stayed on plan but not if i have diverted that's a no no to myself ! -
My theory is if sticky to the plan it’s got to come off sometime !!
also as of 1st August i aim to be on the higher plans so could still lose maybe a 1lb here and their but
Have to admit i am starting to feel so much more comfortable and i am a proper size 12 with some 12’s being too big so i know in 7 weeks that will be enough for me as don’t want to lose my curves and cd has changed my attitude towards fitness! Amazing considering they advise not to exciercise on Sole source but i really realise the benefits of exercise and for the 1st time in my life know why the gym is full of slim people !! ( they are maintaining ) :D

Wannabe I did this a few weeks ago and my date is the same as yours.

I did this for a variety of reasons

1) this diet has cost me an absolute bloody fortune and I cant afford to do it after then.

2) I need to have an end in sight as I keep having blips.

3) because of the blips Im a stone heavier now than I wanted to be going on my hols next weekend

4) have recently had some devastating news about a friend being terminally ill and another is fighting breast cancer and I have decided there has to be more to life than obsessing about my weight. I want to be healthy for my kids and I am so much healthier now losing 4 1/2st (nearly)

Im now only a stone overweight and after I get back from my hols I will have 5 weeks to get that stone off. That includes 3 weeks of ss+ ing and 2 weeks of maintenance.

After that then I will be healthy eating and however long it takes to get that last half stone off then so be it.
As long as I am in healthy weight range I will reduce my risk of all the major killers and I can spend more time concentrating on my kids rather than being like a flippin manic depressive on this diet.

dont get me wrong I love this diet and it has given me my life back but I hate it with the same passion as it plays with my moods and hormones so much!

I think it is a positive step to have an end in sight especially when you have been on the diet long term or there is a tendency to muck about on it.

There are some people who can be 100% from start to finish and they have that focus (me the first time), but there are others that are looking ways around the diet how they can manoevre it to their advantage (me this time)

so personally for me it has to be this way this time and I will use some of the money I was using to have some professional help with my eating as I can do any diet its the keeping it off that I cant do so this time this is it! and roll on 31st July

As you can tell Im having a down day today

Love
Jess
xxx

Thanks for your post Jess ! - Wow we have the same end date !!
so sorry to hear of your friends bad health news i really does make you think,

your right i have fell on and off the wagon and now i need to see the end of the diet what ever weight i am on 1st August if i am not happy then exercise and sensible eatting is the way for me .. i need a date goal also as i want normatility back esp for my hubby, and my family ...,

"dont get me wrong I love this diet and it has given me my life back but I hate it with the same passion as it plays with my moods and hormones so much! "

this is me to a T - i really feel with a goal date i can achieve that and not get disheartnered by the scales ..here's to 1st August !! woohoo .. 7 weeks and counting x

how spooky i even chose i same ticker OMG i am not stalker you Jess lol xx:p

Thanks for your post Jess ! - Wow we have the same end date !!
so sorry to hear of your friends bad health news i really does make you think,

your right i have fell on and off the wagon and now i need to see the end of the diet what ever weight i am on 1st August if i am not happy then exercise and sensible eatting is the way for me .. i need a date goal also as i want normatility back esp for my hubby, and my family ...,

"dont get me wrong I love this diet and it has given me my life back but I hate it with the same passion as it plays with my moods and hormones so much! "

this is me to a T - i really feel with a goal date i can achieve that and not get disheartnered by the scales ..here's to 1st August !! woohoo .. 7 weeks and counting x

glad Im not the only one!!!!!

48 days..............................
xxx

Back