Goal weight. How do I decide?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by suelou, 11 October 2009 Social URL.

1. suelou

suelou Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    As yet I haven't chosen my goal weight at class. My consultant has never metioned it. Will I decide or will I be given a suggestion? How did others pick their goal?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I picked my target weight from remembering when i was most happy at a certian size. You should set your target weight to anything you want it to be hun, just set it at what ever will make you happy :)

4. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with SJ - set something that you know you'll be happy at from past times.

Also, set something that is going to be maintainable and achievable. I didn't set my T for ages and am actually upping the weight because as time has gone on, I'm getting happier with my body and now feel my T was too low.

So, take it as it comes. It's always good to set mini Ts along the way too.

Hope you're enjoying SW xxx

5. Laddiesboy

Laddiesboy I ♥ Slimming World :)

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(29.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I looked at the BMI chart, and worked out the HEAVIEST weight for my height in the 'normal' part and chose that!

I suspect I will adjust it nearer the time to something a bit higher (I am quite thick set lol) but at the moment it's so far off it doesn't really matter if it is 100% accurate or not

6. Morgawr

Morgawr Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW Group
    I looked at the height weight chart and chose the middle weight for my height.

As others have said though pick a weight that you will be happy with, and can maintain fairly easily - you don't want to be struggling to maintain your target weight after all the hard work of getting there.

7. Lindyxx

Lindyxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I set my target weight for now to just lose a couple of stone, then when i reach that will decide if im happy with it or not, if not will just set a new target :)

8. Tigger2000

Tigger2000 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have yet to set mine as I have a lot to loose!!! I am hoping that when I get near it I will know...

9. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I set mine at 10st7 as I hadn't been that weight for a long time and thought it would be fine for me. However, when I got there I still wanted to lose more so I dropped it to 10 stone and have been there ever since!
    I'd still love to lose another half stone as I am at the top end of my BMI but I am happy with the way I look for the most part and to be honest, it's hard enough to maintain this weight so I can't imagine how long it would take me to lose another half stone.
    I may do one day but for now I'm happy.

Your consultant can advise but will never set you a weight and you are not pushed into doing so until you are ready.

10. suelou

suelou Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for all the replies.
    Whilst I am still making a steady lose I shall not worry about final target but wait a while.

11. byron

byron Full Member

hi hun, i set mini goals througout my weight loss and when i reach them i set another- if your like me ya wont know when your goal is untill you have near enough hit it x

12. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with byron, mini goals keep you on track and are less daunting. The BMI is there for a reason. A normal BMI is a helathy weight range. A goal in this range should see you fitter and less likely to develop some of the weight related conditions eg diabetes, cardiac disease, aching joints etc xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.