Goal weight

Almostskinny

I've just joined the forum today. Ordered my started pack of S&S it's due to arrive on Wednesday. I've done LighterLife before 5 years ago and lost 5st, I've gained 1.5 st back and looking to lose it with S&S. I've got a couple of worries that I'm wondering if anyone can help with

1. When I did LL I did not have a goal weight in mind I just went as long as I could handle (6 months) then I reintroduced food. Should I have a goal?
2. When I calculate my BMI I can weight between 6.13-9.6st the lowest I've been is 9.3 and I'd love to be that small all the time, but found it hard to maintain
3. I'm not sure how I'm going to cope without a weekly weigh in. I'm not bothered about counselling I know where I've gone wrong. How do you all cope weighing in on your own? Do you have routine or a family member weigh you?

Thanks! Xx

I would set a goal weight at the higher end of the range to begin with, then you can adjust it as you get nearer.I find it does help to have a goal to work towards.

My goal weights a little random. I set it a while back, and it would be both exactly 100lbs off and smack in the middle of my healthy weight range. (now it'd be 108lbs to lose >.< doh!) Maybe when I lose more weight I'll decide I want to be more, or less.... but for now its as gooder goal as any.

I've done LL too, and liked the accountability aspects of weigh-ins. And seeing the girls every week - The counselling not so much. But thus far I haven't had any issues with not having that. I post in weekly weigh-ins here and if you have a friend that's also trying to lose weight that can help too.

I'll maybe rope my husband into weighing me every week. Looking forward to getting back into my skinny jeans :)

Lighter life was good for weigh in &amp; meeting up with same people and seeing everyone change was so encouraging. I just don't have the funds to go back to it right now.

Yeah, in a way I wish I could afford it. I'm half thinking of switching as soon as I get just above the 'only overweight' barrier.S&S do have additional pluses except for the cost though... because your only accountable for yourself, if you do fall off the wagon a little you won't be ashamed to turn up at the meetings, or stop because you can't go to them (which is partly what happened to me, I finished the 14 weeks, had a hellish Christmas, put weight on and a) didn't wanna go their admitting that, and b) the counsellor and days had all changed and it wasn't really convenient). Theres also the fact you can have proteinish meals... which makes it easier for long term.

Back