god i forgot how hard the ..

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
first week 'returning' can be.

Those who have hit a brick wall recently, or lost thier mojo, or are returning because they know they have too but don't really have that 'first time excitment' will know what i mean.
Iv not managed one full week on slimmingworld since falling pregnant, which is incredible concidering i couldnt ever imagining eating another way.. but now im trying so hard this week as iv been piling it on and im scared of having a lot of extra weight left over at the end, and no real mojo to get it back off again....

i know once im back in the flow of things again il be fine, but these past two days have been a real struggle.. i seem VERY hungry and no amount of fruit, yogurt, pasta dishes and mid afternoon meals to space me between lunch and dinner is satisfiying me.

Right now im having to seriously fight the urge to make the betty crocker cake thats in my cupboard right now, for the simple fact it wont just be one slice. I will eat the entire cake, throughout the afternoon..

i slipped up slightly last night with a few crisps (damn my sister) and a large slice of pizza.. but was an angel at zizis thursday night and have really tried hard to stay on track this week, so im SO hoping i can try and atleast sts or loose 1lb this week. *bangs head against brick wall*

i will get through this, this will become normal life for me again soon!!!

I agree...its really difficult starting again because you don't have that excitement...mind you I have re-started this week and introduced my mum to the plan, seems to be reigniting my enthusiasm, having someone new to share it with.

Don't be so hard on yourself...you're baking a baby! xx

karra iv not seen you here before?? are you on the pregnancy and sw thread?? .. were only a week apart! yay! whens your scan x

Tomorrow *eeek!!!*
Were staying team yellow though, so no finding out sex for us!!

how are you doing weight gain wise?? x

Just remember your making a baby, don't be too hard in yourself and good luck at your scan tomorrow x

I've actually lost around a stone, just down to vomiting all the time! Thats stopped now though so getting back to SW. Oh you're so patient I can't wait to find out if its a boy or girl! Good luck xx

Hellooo Ferny! Firstly, CONGRATS!!! had a quick peep at your pics and you look so great with the bump!

Secondly, God, yes, it's so hard. I have rejoined at a new group this week after about 7 months of being totally off plan and feeling disgusting with myself. I've had a pretty good week (until today - dinner at my Mom's!) but I know it will be next week, and the week after, and the week after that....

Good luck with it all, but don't be too hard on yourself - it's tough baking a baby and sometimes you just have to give in to what your body is telling you. At least you know you CAN do it when you're good and ready xxx

hey harrys mommy! iv missed you. how are you doing?? It is difficult baking babies, i wish i could eat to my hearts content without any extra weight... i dont mind baby gaining weight, but my arms are fat. SOB!

karra, you lucky lucky cow. LOL i wish sick as a dog untill 16 weeks, did i loose a stone. Course not, just not that lucky! lmao

Fern I found I ate like a pig my first few days back on track I was so hungry. I think its due to the fact that when not on track I ate a lot of sugar so blood sugar swings all over the place

Just keep eating things that are free superfree - it will balance out and start to get easier

I'm pretty good, thanks. Managed to put on about a stone of the 4 I lost, but getting on it now ready for the summer - my clothes don't fit!!

good on you honey! im trying SO hard this week, i suppose it'l be difficult for me now because im so programmed to see the numbers go down but baby will be gaining weight now too so i could be good all week and still gain so i have to remind myself in the long run, being in the right mindset will mean faster losses after birth because i wont be in bad habits xx

Hi Fern,
I'm new to the sw boards but not to minimins as i lost 3st with ww after my last pregnancy 3 years ago. I know how you feel, i'm 19 weeks on tues and finding it very hard to watch the weight piling on (gained about 10.5lbs so far) after working so hard to get it off.
Having a starting bmi of 31 with my first two pregnancies i just want one pregnancy where i don't look like a weeble!
I'm starting sw from home tommorow in hope that i can reign in the gains over the remaining weeks, but i know its gonna be hard to get into a routine with it all again.

That is exactly my words every week..it is SO hard to watch the numbers fly up when i worked so damn hard to get it off, no matter how many times you tell yourself or hear someone say.. but you are pregnant, and you know your growing a baby.. it makes it no easier.

it has to be said, i never thought i'd lose weight, so i do praise myself for the fact that i actually have a bump! i always thought id be so big when the time came i'd proberly be one of those people who you were never sure they were just getting fatter or actually pregnant! its so nice to have a proper bump! and now the sickness has gone i totally love being pregnant.. but you can really see in my pics that iv gained wieght on my arms, face and boobs.. its depressing! especially as the summer is coming, sob sob x

haha I do feel lucky Fern...but I am still 17st 9 and I drank loads before I was preggers so that has helped loads xx

That is exactly my words every week..it is SO hard to watch the numbers fly up when i worked so damn hard to get it off, no matter how many times you tell yourself or hear someone say.. but you are pregnant, and you know your growing a baby.. it makes it no easier.

it has to be said, i never thought i'd lose weight, so i do praise myself for the fact that i actually have a bump! i always thought id be so big when the time came i'd proberly be one of those people who you were never sure they were just getting fatter or actually pregnant! its so nice to have a proper bump! and now the sickness has gone i totally love being pregnant.. but you can really see in my pics that iv gained wieght on my arms, face and boobs.. its depressing! especially as the summer is coming, sob sob x

See! I am one of those people...you can't even tell I'm pregnant...and I am so worried cuz I know I won't be able to feel movements as much as someone smaller. Mind you, the plan was I'd be thin when I got pregnant...ah well hehe xx

i started feeling baby at 19+1, so it might not be long.. but i didnt feel any fluttering or little movments, just woke up one day with massive kicks.. i felt like it'd never happen!!! .. it might not be long!!! i was genuinly worried i might be so full of food all the time im not feeling it LOL x

I'm "bigger" and I felt baby moving from about 16 weeks wee flutters and now full scale belly movin' kicks! Depends how they lie inside too - face your back you don't feel it.

yep thats it!! i ignored that bubble feeling cos i thought it was gas! next thing i knew i was getting massive kicks and thinking, im sure im supposed to feel milder things first? enjoy :) xx

Back