GoGoGadget's Weightloss Diary

Hi all,

I'm GoGoGadget, and I'm a foodaholic!

It's time for the weight to go once and for all. I'm currently 15st 8lbs, and am going to get down to a healthy 11st.

I tried WW Online in the past, but due to financial constraints, I'm going solo this time. I've signed up to Food Focus so I can monitor my consumption and exercise.

I'm going to stick to 1400 calories per day, up my activity levels and drink more water.

About me? I'm 27 and live with my husband and 13 month old baby girl in Bucks.

I've been overweight for a long time. My problem is with the volume I eat. I can never turn down seconds, or a pudding...I can never have 1 biscuit or just a little chocolate bar. The portions I serve up are stupid! All these things need to change.

I'm hoping that keeping a log of everything will help me stick to this.

------------

I started on Monday. That was my lightbulb day! Unfortunately I had the lightbulb moment after breakfast, so that consisted of a slice of cold pizza and a cup of coffee!

We then went swimming, and I did 21 lengths :)

Lunch was a Tuna Salad

Dinner was Homemade Chicken & Sweet Potato curry. I opted not to have rice, but had a couple of poppadoms :eek:. However, given normally, I'd have had a massive plate of curry and rice, plus poppadoms, plus 3 or more slices of white bread...that was quite an improvement!

Tuesday proved harder, as I went to London for the day with my little girl.

Breakfast was Bran Flakes with Semi-Skimmed and half a big banana.

Then it all went a bit wrong. I find it hard to say no or to choose the best option when I'm caught on the hop.

We stopped in to my Grandparents, who were insistent that I had something to eat while I was there. They ended up making me a Bacon Sarnie :banghead:

Then, because my little girl needed lunch...we ate together and had a Chicken & Garlic Mayo ciabatta, some muffin, and some grapes.

Because we then got home late, DH suggested oven pizza. I don't want to completely stop eating the things I love, or I know I'll never stick to this. So I agreed. But I had 3 slices and a big salad, and then had a plum and a kiwi fruit. Which is markedly better than the whole pizza I normally eat, sometimes with garlic bread on the side!

The frustrating thing is, if I'd have turned down that Bacon Sarnie...I'd have actually been bang on my calories for the day! Grrrrrr! As it stands, I was about 300 over.

But today is a new day.

I had Bran Flakes with Semi-Skimmed and some blueberries for breakfast. I've drunk a pint of squash, and 1/2 pint of water so far. I know it's not been all water, but I can't stomach that amount of water yet!

well done for starting your diet and Yeah I am sort off like you if I snack on junk food I just can't stop. That's why I just try to resist it and eat healthy. Good luck on your diet. :)

Time for an update.

Well, I've had a good week. I did go over my calories on Thursday, but I had a carb-heavy lunch and then potatoes with dinner.

Other than that, I've stayed within 1400 per day.

Some of my calorie counting has been guesswork, as my scales decided to give up the ghost early on in the week. So I've been erring on the side of caution and overestimating where necessary. I'm hoping from now on it will be even easier as I've got some shiny new scales :)

It's not really been too bad. I've got some low calorie bits in stock now, as the first couple of lunches were hard to keep particularly low as I just didn't have very much in. I have to keep a stock of "normal" and higher fat things in for my little girl, as at 13 months, she needs fats in her diet. Handily, she doesn't yet have sweets and crisps and things, so there is less temptation.

I'm still having decent meals. Although I find I prefer to have a lower cal breakfast and lunch, so that I can still have a big dinner. This is partly so I can still serve up something nice for my daughter. She likes to have the same as us. So I know she'd be confused if she suddenly had something different to me.

Cooking a lovely big roast dinner at the moment. But as I had cereal for breakfast, and just a skinny latte and some snackajacks since then...I've got tonnes of calories left. I've been good and weighed everything ahead of time, so I know what I'm going to serve up for myself. I didn't want to serve up, eat it, and then realise I'd gone overboard! I've also upped the veg compared to normal, so I intend to fill up on that and have less potatoes and meat and only 1 yorkshire pudding. That should still leave me around 100 cals for later...but I'm normally really full up after a roast.

I've now invested in a Wii Fit. So I've been on that a few times since I got it on Thursday. It's going to be a handy way of getting some additional exercise in. And I like the fact it will monitor my weight/BMI and how long I use it each day. I will find that helpful.

Well GoGo I think you should be very proud of yourself, you've done really well and you've taken your first steps in the right direction.
I'm also one who snacks/overeats a lot - if I enjoy something I could eat it forever and generally the stuff I enjoy and like is all the fattening foods. I'm not one who believes in depriving yourself of the things you enjoy as I think you only set yourself up for a pig out that will result in you feeling guilty after you've eaten it.

So instead of completing banishing certain foods, I've simply cut my quantities of everything and am now looking and feeling heaps better. I'm now onto 1 level teaspoon of sugar in my tea rather than the 2 heaped that I've been used to since I was small.

I'm really enjoying your posts so far GoGo and you're doing so well, be sure to keep us updated. I do like your honest way you tell us everything too!

You'll be at your goal weight in no time ;)

Thanks MissMango:lilkiss:

I'm of a very similar feeling, as you can gather. I don't see the point in trying to stick to unrealistic eating habits. It's never going to work on a permanent basis.

Take today for example...big fat roast! My fav! But I've still come in under my calories for the day, because I was sensible. I loaded up on veg, I counted my roast potatoes (and used Frylight instead of gallons of oil) and weighed my meat. I reckon the same meal a week ago would probably have been at least 30% more calories.

Thanks again for your lovely reply x

Well, 1st weekly weigh in was done this morning...........

-4lbs!!!!!!!

:D:happy036::bliss::party0011:

Thanks MissMango:lilkiss:

I'm of a very similar feeling, as you can gather. I don't see the point in trying to stick to unrealistic eating habits. It's never going to work on a permanent basis.

Take today for example...big fat roast! My fav! But I've still come in under my calories for the day, because I was sensible. I loaded up on veg, I counted my roast potatoes (and used Frylight instead of gallons of oil) and weighed my meat. I reckon the same meal a week ago would probably have been at least 30% more calories.

Thanks again for your lovely reply x
Hey I just found this! Sorry hun!

I'm the same, you have to love your roast dinners! :D As long as you are sensible with your portions I really don't see a problem.
I love Chinese food and when my parents get theirs once a week I won't deprive myself, I just fill a teaplate with my portion and then I don't feel hungry or left out - like you said, if you set unrealistic goals you're never going to achieve them.

The hardest thing I've cut back on is my crisps, I love them and need a salt kick so its really hard for me but I'm managing - just :p

Back