Going back to red

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
Hi guys

I've decided to quit Extra Easy and go back to good old red! I've been staying the same weight for a few weeks (5 in total I think) and then over the holiday weekend I went totally off plan and had pizzas, curries, jam roly polies.. anyway I feel like I needed to binge, cos I've been doing this for so long and getting nowhere. I think its because of Extra Easy being so easy! I know it works wonders for most people but I think it makes me lazy with food, I don't eat enough veg cos I fill myself up with pasta and potatoes and meat. I think the change in plan will boost my motivation too so it's all good :)

So has anyone else found this with EE and then switched back to red/green? Did it improve your losses? I know when I done red first time round I lost just under 3 stone in about 5 months, compared to EE where I've lost not even a stone in about 8 months!

I did mainly green when I first started then my losses slowed down then couple months ago decided to give EE a go was ok lost generally half a pound last week I decided to give red a try and did 4 days red and 3 EE I lost 2.5lb the most I have lost in one week since November!!
This week I am doing the same although its star week so not expecting anything this time

Give it a try you have nothing to lose but weight :) you could even just do a part week on red like I did so you can still have a couple days EE

I feel red works best for me, even though I prefer green sometimes. I don't feel as bloated, and I think the protein-rich foods on this plan speed my losses.

In saying that, I find eating loads of superfree fruit, such as strawberries and raspberries really speeds my losses on any plan (sorry to be slightly irrelevant there, but I get these random thoughts...)

:D

I think it all depends on your food preferences overall - I'm on red for 3 days because of weekend roasts/bbq's and left overs etc, but given the choice I'm a green girl at heart ;).

I have never tried EE - I'm happy with going between green and red as they *make sense* to me but I know many who swear by EE.

I think thats what makes SW such a joy - it allows for that amazing amount of personal choice and variety.

Hope you have a good week! xx:)

I eat tons of superfree fruit but I feel like I'm cancelling it out with the carbs. I was using things like mugshots, pasta n sauce as dinners so really I've been living off junk food. I know if I have 1/3 superfree veg with each meal then it might work but I never feel like I need it cos of the rest of the meal filling me up! So if I'm on red I'll be hungry for the veg cos I can't just have some pasta or a potato etc.

I know if I have 1/3 superfree veg with each meal then it might work but I never feel like I need it cos of the rest of the meal filling me up! So if I'm on red I'll be hungry for the veg cos I can't just have some pasta or a potato etc.

When doing EE I make sure whatever veg is on my plate is eaten 1st, something I have always done as a kid saving the stuff I really like till last I never leave the superfree bits but then again I never left any of the other bits either piggy that I am:D:D

I think its probably good to do a mix of the plans, that way you can't get stuck in a rut of eating the same old stuff all the time. Personally, I don't like the 1/3 superfee rule or not being able to eat between meals (apart from fruit or yogurt), so I only do extra easy when I want fish, chips and mushy peas (even then its not strictly allowed on EE). I think all the plans work if you do them properly, but if you're getting sloppy with the superfree rule it may be time for a change.

I know that I have brilliant losses when I do Red days, but just lately I have a mixture of Red and EE and it seems to be working out ok. I tend to have the EE days for the weekend, or whenever I fancy a filling breakfast!
Just by changing over to Red for a few days will make a difference Hun, but if you need carbs then have the occasional EE day thrown in.

x

Yeah dehli I'm just getting lazy with it. EE gives me too much room to "cheat" and have things like mugshots instead of a healthy meal, where as on red you have to think about every meal and can't just whip something out of a packet! Plus I missed having 2 HEB's which you can be really imaginative with and still have things like a free jacket potato every now and then by using your HE's :)

Mrs V I think mixing it is a good idea, cos your body can never really get used to one plan. I think me and my bf are going to do one week red + see how we do, then one green and so on. Think I will use EE if I need to like at a dinner party or something.

Hmmm, I was just thinking the same about my own diet.

After a good start I've slowed to 0.5lb for the last 3 weeks and it's driving me crazy. Might do some red as well, but I Know I have got sloppy about what I'm eating.

Thought for dinner I might make some soup with super free foods and have a bowl first, then have a side salad on a small plate, then and only then have my dinner.

Sounds a lot of bother but I've my holiday at the start of August and if I'm losing at half pound a week i'm only going to be 5lb lighter by then. Eek :eek:

I think changing plans weekly is a great idea Hun. Im averaging just over 1lb a week loss and at the beginning it did bother me, but when I look back at the fact that I have come from 21 stone 7 to 13 stone .5lb, I cant grumble!
The inches I have lost is unbelievable and it will happen to you, its just a shame that we cant wave a magic wand and get to target over night eh?!
Good luck Hun and it will be interesting to hear how you get on. Please let us know.

xx

I am totally RED!!!! :D apart from when i am eating out or have some events planned and i have to swap to EE, so save me going over my syns!!! (although i have to cut my HEB and HEA down to one :()

In Feb i was doing EE and over 4 weeks i lost half a lb. I swapped to Red days in March and lost 9lbs over 4 weeks - it just suits me better.

I tend to over carb all my meals on EE, and i dont have the 3rd F&V you are supposed to have!

Good luck - if you need any ideas have a look through my food diary, most are red days - with EE thrown in every now and then! xxx

I think its probably good to do a mix of the plans, that way you can't get stuck in a rut of eating the same old stuff all the time. Personally, I don't like the 1/3 superfee rule or not being able to eat between meals (apart from fruit or yogurt), so I only do extra easy when I want fish, chips and mushy peas (even then its not strictly allowed on EE). I think all the plans work if you do them properly, but if you're getting sloppy with the superfree rule it may be time for a change.

You can actually have ANY free food between meals on EE. It's just that they prefer you to start with the superfree. I'll often have a slice of chicken if I'm feeling peckish. I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned mugshots and the pasta packets. They are full of additives and tho free really quite high in calories.

I do much, much better on red than EE and green. Infact after 4 weeks on EE, I decided to change to red as that's the one I get the best results from, I like it and it suits my lifestyle. I did have 2 EE days this week though, because I wanted lasagna and spag bol :D Anyway, as a result of the change I lost 5lb this week! I do think it's a good idea to mix them up a bit, so that your body never knows what it's getting next.

I'm on red now for the first time ever (and have been now for a week - I feel so much more energetic and less bloated). I did a metabolic typing test and that's what the results suggested so I thought I'd give it a go.

To be honest it means that I'm eating what I always wanted to eat as a kid, but was never allowed to leave my potatoes, etc.

Woo hoo!

You can actually have ANY free food between meals on EE. It's just that they prefer you to start with the superfree. I'll often have a slice of chicken if I'm feeling peckish. I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned mugshots and the pasta packets. They are full of additives and tho free really quite high in calories.

Thanks for clarifying that - i was just frantically reading my book to see where it said you couldn't eat between meals.

I do EE all the time now, having previously been a fan of green days. I love that the only only thing I weigh all day is my cereal (although I'm just having to rein in my milk allowance as I think it's been slipping recently).

Back