Going camping next week food ideas???

mr_boony

We are camping for a week next week and I'm dreading it!! I love red days as I'm a big meat eater and pasta just makesme gain weight. Any ideas on foods can take that doesn't require fridge/freezer?

I love the stewed steak from tesco in a tin, and princes do some tinned fish etc but is there anything else in packets or tins (preferably syn free orlowsyn) thati can take?! Could just about stomach a few tins of spaghetti if absolutely have to!

Get a BBQ!! Sitting cooking outside cooking vegs and meats while tossing together a salad is heaven and what camping is all about.
Foods to try - all meats and fish, vegs -try corn on cob, baby corn, green beans, courgette, onion courgette, peppers - either onto grill or wrap in tin foil. Try jacket potato. & onion - thinly slice both then 'remake ' the potato layered with the onion, wrap in tin foil and pop on barbie for about 45 mins.
You can also skewer vegs and meats.

If you have a fridge or cool box you could also pre cook Bolognese, stew, curry etc and take frozen so it keeps longer.

Happy camping!!

Ye Olde tinned gammon is free, that would be handy, tinned tuna etc? Boiled egg, . I think buying fresh daily and BBQ is the way to go ,I love camping x

Back