Going down...

evil weevil

I'm on day 9, weighed in yesterday at 3.5kg off. I'm not generally a regular weigher, I go on my clothes but it was nice to have the weight loss I can feel verified. 8 weeks to my wedding, so should be another 10kg off for then which will be nice - I'm holding off buying an outfit until a couple of weeks before (I'm just getting a smart/casual trousers, top, blazer combo).

First week's gut repercussions were horrendous, but things are much happier now. Some days are TS, some days TS plus protein, other days WS - I work shifts in my full time job but also work for myself & have wedding to plan and house to sell so I refuse to pressure myself to be 100% shakes. I'll do the best I can and choose food wisely to stay in ketosis.

I definitely want to lose another 35kg - I'll be a size 12 at that weight. Ideally I should be 10kg beyond that to get into my size 8 stuff but I'll see how I get on. I'm only 4'11" so even size 8 is the top of the healthy weight range BMI for me.

Differences I've already noticed:
I can bend over in my uniform trousers without cutting myself in half
My work belt has tightened up an inch
I can just see the top of my abdominal muscles
My face looks a bit thinner
My green size 20 trousers are loose with no muffin top

Had a WS day yesterday, chocolate mint shake for breakfast, toffee nut bar for lunch, chicken breast with roast onion & pepper and 1/4 of a sweet potato for tea.

Today started with a chocolate ginger shake at 6.30am, am at work until 4.30pm so will probably have a high fat/protein lunch and then just a shake tonight.

I like your plan and want to wish you good luck on your journey.... and it looks like you are off to a good start with 3.5kg off already. Well done:0clapper:

Hello both!

First woke up at about 7 & could have got up but convinced myself to go back to sleep so got up at 9.30 instead then regretted being lazy as I could have gone for a run.

Spent a couple of hours with my horses this morning and then I've been tidying the bombsite that is my house. Not that you can see much progress yet, we've been having work done so stuff is all over the place and until it's finished we won't have a place for everything. Put up a couple of pictures and put a few more things in the skip. Then gave up tidying and painted the front door - nice smart dark red. OH can do a second coat of it tomorrow.

Just had my second shake of the day, now having a sit down with a cup of tea and relaxing on the sofa which my tidying managed to uncover after a fortnight under loads of stuff.

Next job is to dig out the compost bin and fill my raised beds ready for this summer, then when OH gets home will empty the cellar storage area into the skip and replace it with the stuff we actually want down there which will give us more room in the living area!!

Probably going out for tea tonight, might treat myself to a steak & salad.

Resolve is good, energy levels good, sleeping really well. Face is definitely thinner than when I started - spiky hair is yesterday, polo shirt is a month ago.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hi and welcome. What a great start you've had! You can really see the difference already. Good luck with the rest of your journey.

What a difference well done! I'm sure that will keep you motivated in the 8 weeks until your wedding - how exciting x

Busy day today - out of the house from 9.30 til 7pm. Shake at 8.30 but felt a bit light headed so had half a bar at 10.30.

Had the rest of the bar between appointments at 1.15, but then wasn't hungry until I got home. Chicken breast, half an aubergine with garlic slices in, and some cherry tomatoes for tea - all roasted. Yum!

OH remarked that my belly looks smaller today :)

Ridiculously busy day off today. Shake for breakfast at 7.15. Collected the handyman and set him on with tiling bathroom floor, waxed one of the internal doors, had the house valued, went to wickes and was starving so went and got a plain double cheeseburger from mcds, discarded the bun, home & gave the inside of the front door two coats of paint (will need about 20), painted the new boiler housing and bit of wooden trim in the kitchen, helped with tiling the kitchen splash backs, went shopping for tea (spinach paneer), cooked tea, went to pick up a replacement stone for the bit I broke on our front steps, waxed another internal door and finally settled for a bath! Will have a shake in a minute to ensure I'm not down on nutrients.

Development day for work tomorrow at a conference centre so will have a shake for breakfast and take a bar for lunch.

My bras aren't digging in any more :)

Yesterday - development conference, shake at 8am, bar at 1pm, shake at 5.45pm then pub quiz with free supper so I had the innards of the ham & chorizo pie but left the pastry.

At proper job today, but was up running errands from 7.15. Didn't have my first shake until 10.30am but then had some beef at 11.30am.

Realised I'm at my 2 week danger point now when I went past the sarnie shop earlier on and was really sorely tempted - I didn't give in though! Need lots of protein to get me over this mental hump and then I'll be away. Filled my work bag with loads of shakes so that I've got no excuse. Might weigh in tomorrow just to give me another shove in the right direction.

I've dug out my size 18 & 16 jeans & uniform trousers so they are ready in my wardrobe for me to try on as and when.

Big positive is that I've now stopped snoring so am back in bed with OH rather than relegated to the spare room, which is really nice.

I'm sleeping very well - getting tired and unable to fight it at about 10pm. This is fine for now, but I'm back on night shifts from next week so that's going to be really hard to deal with & I may have to have 4 shakes to keep me on track.

Physical training for work tomorrow & Friday - 90 minute drive each way so it's going to be a long & tiring two days, will take some boiled eggs with me.

I've done the same with clothes - I try the next size down every week, although they still don't fit even after losing 25lb.
Keep going you're doing great. Fingers crossed for weigh in!

Doing ok so far today, been up since 6.45, had a shake at home at 7 & just had a bar for lunch.

I have got quite bad eczema on my hands and it has got drier as has the skin on my face, maybe need to drink more water although I feel well hydrated generally & am managing to drink plenty. I've got a few horrible boils at the moment so my body is obviously trying to get rid of some nastiness.

Going to have a shake when the course finishes today, then head to see a friend before home for a bowl of vegetables. Same again tomorrow!

Was naughty with my friend - a chocolate hobnob with a cup of tea. Offset by the innards of a quiche which was the best proteiny thing I could find in a hurry! If that's the extent of my 2 week slip I can live with it.

Ok tonight though - bit of halloumi with roasted sprouts, red onion and a little bit of butternut squash.

Going to weigh in the morning, haven't got round to it yet but could clearly do with the kick up the arse.

Yay another 3.5kg down!

Honeycomb shake first thing this morning, no bars left so it'll be a shake for lunch and have planned a garlicky veg fest for tonight.

Had a nice day, shake at 8 then was busy with clients until 2 when I had my next shake.

Mozzarella and sun dried tomatoes plus a big bowl of homemade vegetable soup when I got home at 3.30.

Went for a walk with OH & the dog this evening, and tea when we got back was home made boiled beef meatballs with ginger, garlic, onion & chilli in, on a bed of stir fried purple sprouting broccoli and pak choi. Yummy but I didn't have room for much!

Thanks Darcy! How are you doing?

Had a lovely day, shake at 8 then down to Derbyshire. Busy busy training people without even time for a proper drink (just a couple of cups of tea given) so I stopped off at services on the way back at about 3.30 for a bottle of water. Home at 4.30 & guzzled a shake down!

Lamb is in the oven, will have it with vegetables in about an hour.

Nights from tomorrow, need to make sure I'm organised enough to get through them.

Fantastic loss well done, hope the night shift goes well x

Fab loss!! Well done.

Back