Extra Easy Going for it a 2nd time

Nad2013

Hi everyone I'm starting to do SW again but not go to the classes.
I had been at a class before and had lost 10lb and was delighted then my group day changed and do to work and being a mummy i can't make the class.

I've heard people don't have the same success rate when doin it yourself. Is this true?

Good luck with giving it another go.

if you can't go to class can you join online? I'm an online member and am constantly using the resources to check syn values etc.

some people feel they need the pressure of a group meeting to help them stay on track others don't, that would be down to you individually.

i joined online at the end of January and have lost 2st 3lb, and only 4lb from target. This may not seem particularly fast but for me it's amazing, and the consistency of losing week after week (with a few unexplained blips along the way, always followed by a large loss) are what has kept me motivated to keep going.

this site has been fantastic and I look on here everyday, I spouse this site has become the replacement class for me, where I find motivation new ideas etc.

Thank you so much for your reply. Ur progress has been fantastic, and gives me more motivation to get back on track. I had looked into online classes but can't afford atm as you have to pay a bulk payment if I read it right.
I've now arranged my mum is goin to weigh me every Tuesday Mornin and ill give her the £5 I normally paid to get weighed and when I get to my target weight ill get the money back and go but something nice :)
I've got my SW books still so that helps with my syns.

Fingers crossed I start to lose and can say no to all the tasty treats and have them in moderation :)

I've done SW before both via a group & joining online. I was unsuccessful doing it on my own at home as it was too easy to 'cheat' and go off plan. For me I need the thought of someone weighing me each week to keep me on track. But everyone is different. A friend of mine is an online member & she's lost 1.5stone so it can be done.
Good luck!x

I tried it on my own at home and it really did not work for me. Considered online membership, but it's too much money to fork out in a "onner". Back at class since May and I'm doing fine. But I really understand what you say about groups changing. Our group has seen three consultants since May and now they are even wanting to change the weigh in day from Tuesdays to Wednesdays. Terrible for me as it will be hard for me, due to work commitments, to attend on Wednesdays :( It really does not help when they chop and change groups.

Thanks for the replies :) I'm getting weighed on Tuesday morning and hopefully some sort of weight has shifted :)
Yeah my group they changed the days and it was a different girl standing in for the consultant most of the weeks. I work shifts so can't get to the classes every week or even every other week so this is why I've tried to do it at home. I would love to lose a stone and then see how I go from there.
It's just tryin to keep the motivation up x

This site is so supportive and no doubt as as much knowledge floating around as in group y don't u Join a few challenges along the way to keep u focussed there's also fab groups on Facebook good luck lovely x

Hey I had my 1st weigh in this morning after restarting and I've lost 3lb. I'm delighted!! May the weight keepin comin off lol

Back