Going for it again - my second stint!

louby

Hi everyone!
I'm hitting the shakes for the second time this year! I started in January and managed to go until around April time, in this time I lost a massive 3 stone from 18.1 to 14.9, and managed to fit into my size 14 dress for our Wedding in June. Everyone said how lovely and slim I looked, and it felt great! I should have continued, but I moved, got married, went on holiday and had a health scare in my family all in the space of 3 months and managed to put back on a stone! :cry: No excuses, I want to lose more weight so i'm starting today again! I'm strangely looking forward to it, and my CDC is happy to have me back! So here goes :D

Hi Louby! First of all, thanks for your lovely message on my diary! I'll subscribe to yours so we can encourage eachother and share our weightlosses :D

I am a future bride myself, and I won't be finished with the diet even after my wedding :( I have that much to lose. :(

So when was your light bulb moment? Any item of clothing you'd like to wear once you're skinnier?

Hey my lovely, you're very welcome! I need a buddy to push me, so this is great!

I got married in June and still I look at the pictures and think "I could have lost more, and I wish i'd started earlier" however, I also look at the pictures from last Christmas and think "wow, I lost loads and look great!" If i'm a bit braver in the near future, i'll post some to show you. I def need to lose more now though, it's creeping back on slowly, and I never ever want to be that big again.

I think my lightbulb moment was when I saw myself in a photo on a night out just before Christmas. I looked massive, you couldn't make my neck out under my chins, my eyes were really dark and sunken and my pair of size 22 jeans were tight on me. Before then i'd always taken my camera out with me, it doesn't matter where we were going, i loved snapping away, and loved looking at the pics, but since maybe August 2008, things changed and I hated pics of myself. Also, when we booked our honeymoon, someone said to me (I don't know if it was directed at me or not, but i took it massivly to heart) that overweight people some times have to pay extra to either upgrade to a wider seat or to have 2 seats, and I thought 'oh my god, how embarrassing, that is NOT going to be me!!'.

I bought a pair of size 14 River Island jeans earlier in the year, and even with 3 stone off, I couldn't quite get in them, so i'd love to fit them. Other than that, and this sounds really daft, but i'm always searching for long tops which cover my tummy and bum, which is a shame because I got a lovely tatoo on my back for my birthday when I was 21, and i'd love to show it off with some shorter tops!

How about u chick? Whats your goals/lightbulb moments? xxx

I understand so much about the "I wish I had started earlier"! It's exactly what I have been telling myself since I went dress shopping. My fiancé proposed in March this year, and if I had started right then, I would probably very close to my goal weight :eek: Also, it would have meant that when I went dress shopping in August, I could have fitted in the shop's dress :eek: Oh well, at least I'm doing something now!

Urgh, I HATE pictures with a passion and I have to admit that seeing myself on pictures during my dress shopping really helped me get into gear. Although my light bulb moment took place when I had surgery (was too fat for community hospital h&s regulations to had to go to big city hopsital :eek:), and since then I knew I didn't have a choice. All my tests came back clear, in short I was healthy but I knew it wouldn't last.

River Island jeans: nice! My dream item of clothing is a pair of skinny jeans, size 14. I don't own one (of course) but it is what I want to achieve. I also have very nice jeans from Primark, size 18, and I want to be able to fit into them for my honey moon :D

What is your tattoo of? I got one too, on my shoulder, but like you I don't want to show it because my shoulders look like they belong to Jabba the Hut :eek:

Did you anywhere fancy for your honey moon?

Oooh have you ordered your dress then now? I bought mine from eBay, it was a replica one made to measure and I ordered it in their size 16 measurements, which is actually a UK 14, it was still a little tight around the hips, but when I first got it, it was about 5" too small for the back modesty panel to fit, so I managed to lose 6" around my chest and it fitted fine.

Gosh I hope it wasn't anything too serious! I'm glad everything is ok for you now though. That would totally get me into gear too! Do you think if you hadn't have had to go through surgery you would have still started on the CD? I sometimes wonder, if I hadn't seen that particular picture would I still be under the illusion that I was just a tad overweight, rather than grossly obese? I'm glad I did and I did something about it. I would have been devastated if I'd been that big still and had to look at my Wedding photos with me like that in them.

Oh yes, Skinny jeans are on my want-to-own-and-look-good-in list. And a pair of normal calf width boots. The day I am able to walk into New Look and pick any pair of boots out, is the day I will have to cut my debit card up! :) xxx

Oops, didn't see the last bit!

My tattoo is of a design my hubby drew for me. It's very twirly and flowery, very girly! If I loose my weight, i'm having another one similar to the orginal one which will go from the original one (on my lower back) up my spine to my neck, which will have the date of our wedding in roman numerals ( V VI X ). Theres a bit of a reason to lose it!

We went to Cuba for our honeymoon, 2 weeks of total bliss! You going anywhere nice?? x x x

Oops, didn't see the last bit!

My tattoo is of a design my hubby drew for me. It's very twirly and flowery, very girly! If I loose my weight, i'm having another one similar to the orginal one which will go from the original one (on my lower back) up my spine to my neck, which will have the date of our wedding in roman numerals ( V VI X ). Theres a bit of a reason to lose it!

We went to Cuba for our honeymoon, 2 weeks of total bliss! You going anywhere nice?? x x x

Ohh, Cuba, i'm jealous! It looks like we'll have to stay in Europe because money is reeeaaaalllyyyyy tight, but I don't care cause a) I'll be a married woman, b) I'll be with my hubby and c) it'll be our first holiday together :D We're thinking Malta in March/April. I went there once at Easter and it was really warm already!

Don't worry, the surgery was nothing and wasn't even related to my weight. it's the fact that I was too fat to have it done in a community hospital. Indeed, I needed an ICU just in case, because I was so fat :eek: It made me realise how bad my situation was. You see, without this and the horrible pics from my dress shopping, I don't think I'd be into it a 100%. I would do it half heartedly and it wouldn't work (I know, I tried it like that the second time and only lasted 3 weeks.......).

Yes, bought the dress, but 2 sizes too small :D Panicked for a while, thinking it may still be too big (wishful thinking!) but the shop assured me they could reduce it by three sizes if need be.

WI in 2 days and I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly right, I love your reasons! :)

When do you get Married and how long have you given yourself before you have to have the dress taken in?

Do you think you've lost a lot in the first week? Have you been 100% SS? x x x

I'm getting married in March :D So I have until February to fit in the dress (that's when they start the fittings).

If I look at the last time I did CD, I have the time to fit in the dress and more inches-wise :D

Yep, I'm on SS and a 100% on it :D The first time I did it, I cheated after 5 months on SS and it was the end of it. The second time: not even worth mentioning!

I'm still obsessed with food though :eek: I'm just a greedy person, and even if one day I managed to get rid of this obsession, I'll always be fond of good food :eek:

I'm so glad minimins exists! Have you been reading other people's diaries? Some of them are truely inspirational! Two of them especially really had a great effect on my motivation: White Tulip's one and Awaken Me's diary.

Hi Louby,

I just wanted to wish you luck! I'm too a restarter so I know how you're feeling. :) Big well done though for the 3 stone earlier in the year - that's amazing!! :D You sound very determined! Keep us all posted xx

Good luck hun,
Love Jess xxxxx

Back