going from a vlcd(food) to slimming world

rach1987

hi there just wondering ive been on a 800-1200 cal diet over the last few weeks as ive got stuck with sw and wanted to shift some weight fast. im going to try to stay on it for a few more days, but im wondering when i try to get my head into healthy eatting mode again with sw again next week will i pile on the pounds i lost ?

a little confused , have you been on a VLCD or just eating very low calorie ? if you have been on a proper VLCD you need to introduce food , in particular carbs very slowly , start on red days and you may gain a few lbs in the first week but then start loosing again
if you have just been eating very low calorie then you should be fine , you wont gain ( unless you were low carbing ) hope that helps a little

a little confused , have you been on a VLCD or just eating very low calorie ? if you have been on a proper VLCD you need to introduce food , in particular carbs very slowly , start on red days and you may gain a few lbs in the first week but then start loosing again
if you have just been eating very low calorie then you should be fine , you wont gain ( unless you were low carbing ) hope that helps a little
hi ya , ive been eating low cal food , why would i gain if i havent been eatting carbs and start eatting them again , my main worry is the cals intake if ive been consuming no more than 1200 a day and then stat sw again which i think is very high in cals, im worried ill gain it all back x

your body stores carbs in the form of glycogen, glycogen also stores 4 times its weight in water with it , so a low carb diet depletes the stores so you loose a hell of a lot in the first week , but once you reintroduce carbs it beuilds up the stores again ......
SW isnt very high calorie , if you actually sat down and worked out the calories of a typical SW day you will find its much less than you think , you should not gain weight if you stick to SW

I've been using my fitness friend to log my food this last week and I'm eating well with the sw plan and lots of veg and fruit and I was surprised I'm averaging about 1350 a day. So that's not much more than your 1200. Eating 1/3 super free with EVERY meal and sticking with the plan really does work. And this week im on the red plan and sticking to about 10 syns and I feel less bloated. Just remember to eat until satisfied and not stuffed.

Back