Going from a vlcd to Atkins

sarahlou72

Hi there :) I'm currently on a vlcd, which I plan to be on for the next 26 days (I'm counting!!) I have two occasions that I have to be out of ketosis for on back to back weekends, hence finishing in a few weeks time. By then I should be a stone away from goal :)
I fully intended to have a week break then get back on it, however from what I can gather weightloss tends to slow close to goal and am not sure if a vlcd might just be too hardcore for the small losses gained.
Was considering Atkins anyway to maintain but now might use it to get to goal also...
My question (sorry about the preamble ;) ) is, what phase would I need to go to from a vlcd to Atkins to carry on loosing weight but no longer be in ketosis? Is this even possible? I hope someone else has the same experience or can shed some light.... :) many thanks! x

Hi There, I "Think" all the phases of Atkins you remain in ketosis .. I guess you could start in "owl" where you need to find your critical carb level for weight loss - and then to maintain. It is a case of following the OWL rungs (you add 5g of carbs per week starting with 25g up until you stop losing and then go into pre-maintanence.) I would get a copy of the book if you can. I think Atkins would be really hard to do without reading it - it is easy - but complex initially to get your head around! x

Thanks :) I'm still a little undecided as to what to do but know I don't want to be in ketosis anymore after that date so maybe I'll have a rethink x

Back