Going it alone or go to class???

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Topper78, 28 October 2008 Social URL.

1. Topper78

Topper78 Full Member

Hiya!

Have recently gone back on the plan and have been managing on my own but can't help wondering I might be missing out by not going to class. Any thoughts on the best way forward?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Well i had been doing it on my own, but i felt as though i was slipping and decided to go to class. I like going now and can get access to sw online and find out all the latest infor. It works for me but if you want to go alone it is cool to as i think there is lots of people doing it alone on here successfully

4. loobylou

loobylou Reached Target. woohoo

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(33.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find it better to go to class as i tried it on my own, you meet some nice people who will try and help with tips and recipes, tonight we are all taking things in to try, i'm taking in the cheese and potato flan. xxx

5. ginny27

ginny27 ...I LOVE FRUIT!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's up to you really, but everyone who loses (and keeps off!) the weight says that staying to class is a major factor in their success.

:)

6. Principessa N

Principessa N Minimins Addict

Diet:
    Anything
    I was thinking this earlier, i do it at home at the moment and although i'm doing ok, i was thinking about joining for more face to face support and to get out the house a bit. But i don't no, there are not many groups in my area and the 2 i have been to weren't great.

7. flipflop

flipflop Just follow the plan

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm doing it on my own and feel less like I'm doing it for someone else and more like I'm doing it for me. Thats just me though, this is the first time I've done it on my own and did plan to join a group but dont feel I need to at the moment.

8. Topper78

Topper78 Full Member

Wow your weight losses are amazing especially as you aren't going to class! You have restored my faith in being able to continue giving it a go on my own for the time being and anyway its far too cold to be venturing out to class...brrr...lol!

9. flipflop

flipflop Just follow the plan

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I want it so bad Topper. Its bloody hard some days, I just live for each weigh in. Good luck with your weight loss, do whatever works for you x

10. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I go to class as it keeps me focussed. Without the 'official' weekly WI I find it too easy to slip off track

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.