Going it alone to lose 2 stones!

Lellifer

I previously did slimming world, started at bordering on a size 16 to a size 10.

I've noticed that I'm not quite fitting into my jeans, I'm a size 10 - 12. The weight gain is "new relationship syndrome" I have been dating a lovely person for 6 months and he loves to cook for me - he likes his desserts.

My current BMI is 25 and I want to drop 2 stone (ideally 15kg).

I don't have a group near me any more (I've moved away from my old group and don't drive) so I am going to try go it alone.

I've decided to start a diary on here for support and accountability. Wish me luck!

So food for today is:

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs mashed with 2 teaspoons of flora light (2 syn)

Lunch - cup of tea with milk and 1 tsp sugar (1 syn)

Dinner - home made lamb curry with boiled rice
(Lamb curry contained: lean lamb, onions, garlic, ginger, chili, 70ml light coconut milk - 3.5 syns, knorr stock, cinnamon, bay leaf all fried in tablespoon of olive oil - HEx B)

Snacks - small packet of buttons - 4.5 syns.

Overall - lacking HEx A - might drink some more milk later to make it up.

11 syns which is ok but I will be picking up some fruit and veg to snack on when I'm out and about tomorrow.

Welcome and the very best of luck hun.x

Day 2 and I realised I've lost my old books, eBay sellers want more than a 3 month online subscription for some of them. Anyone know where I can find the healthy extras and a syns directory without breaking the bank?

Food today is:

breakfast - 35g porridge with 200 ml semi skimmed milk (HEx A and B - ill get a scan bran in somehow)

Lunch - home made vegetable soup

Dinner - yo sushi take out (it's date night)
Miso soup, half a Kaiso salad and we'll have about 10 pieces of sushi each. Non idea of the syn values but I'm sure sushi was fairly low, looks like the miso is 2 and the salad is a mystery (one blogger has called it free but I'm not holding out hope for that one).

I might get a dessert when I'm out, I vaguely remember that weight watchers desserts weren't horrendous but ill do some more research into that one. I am trying to be good because I'm going out for dinner tomorrow but if I play it right this one can be free ( going to a Mongolian restaurant where you mix your own main and they dry fry it for you)

Snacks today will be bananas or apples. I'll use up the dribble of milk I have left in my tea later.

I wouldn't waste syns on a weight watchers dessert - i had a WW chocolate brownie cost me 7 syns and wasn't nice at all
Should have syneed a "real" brownie instead

For the sake of a tenner i would rejoin to get the books , much chesper than second hand on ebay , i was only going to do that myself but ended up paying for a six week countdown afterthat hoping inspiration will have set in xx

I ended up going for a muller light vanilla with chocolate (no cherry layer one) for dessert, other half had chocolate sponge.

Julie I don't live near a group any more. The nearest one is 5 miles away and I would have to take 2 buses to get there (and a day off work because its afternoon only). I'm in the middle of nowhere!

I'm thinking I might pay my sister to join my old group and get the books that way!

Food for today:

Breakfast - Porridge with scan bran in it (not bad actually), banana and black coffee

Lunch - tin of tuna in spring water mixed with quarter red onion and 2 tablespoons Asda extra light mayo (1 syn) with pasta and salad

Dinner - going out with the girls from work to khublai khan. Think I will have starter and 2 of the mains instead of a dessert (their cakes are lovely but huge amount of syns).

Back