Going it alone.

Lucy_B

Silver Member
Hi everyone,
I have started the WW's diet but I arent attending meetings, anyone have any advice on sticking to your points?
xx

I do it alone too :)

The key for me is to plan ahead. That stops me from grabbing food without knowing the points or having a "sod it" attitude!

I plan my weeks menus before I do my shopping, that also stops me from grabbing treats whilst pushing the trolley around and I stick to my list.

Yeah i have done that for this week and i have found it helpful. Snacking is my downfall so i am having to have the will power to not nibble on the ww chocolate mousses etc i have bought. I joined here to try and make my weight loss accountable like when you do when you get weighed at meetings

That's a good idea. Everyone is so wonderfully supportive, so if you do fall off the wagon, don't worry about it so much. There will definitely be someone here who is going through or has gone through the same thing. Sometimes we need to confess all, so to speak. This forum is great for that and the encouragement.

I'm always falling off the wagon! The key is to keep getting back on and keep trying :) x

Hi there I'm doing WW at home too.
Good luck on your journey. I find what helps me most Is having a diary on here and the support of other people xx

I've just started doing WW at home too. I downloaded the Ultimate Value app on my phone and I know how the diet works so I'm all set to go.

Hi all!

I started it at home too as im too busy to go to meetings and cant really afford it with a baby. I did however find buying the deluxe starter pack on the ww website really good. Think I paid 17 and for that got a calculator, a food diary, highlighter, shop and eat out guide and a few other bits and pieces. I used the net to find the formula to work out activity points i earn and I try plan my meals a lot more than I used to. Day four and so far Ive been ok. I had one wobble but instead of crying about it I calmed down and just pointed what I ate and it turned out it only ate into 10 of my weeklies so i didnt feel bad. I also got a gym membershio for xmas and im going!!! Hubby is on board totally so thats helping too. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

I'm going it alone as well i have lost a bit already so i'm just going to keep doing what i'm doing my two things that have helped so much are tracking and drinking water there has always been a big difference for me the weeks i have tracked and the weeks i didn't!

Theres a ww saying, if you eat it track it. I think this is one of the most important things for me to keep on the straight and narrow.

I agree scoobysue...its so easy to have a nibble on soemthing and forget to track it. Im tracking in my journal at the moment and on myfitnesspal for when I dont have my journal with me. Im finding it really useful as it allows me to see where im going wrong and if im snacking too much. Last night I had a blip and had a huge binge but afterwards I calmly pointed it and although i used most of my weeklies I didnt feel too bad as at least i didnt eat all of them. I had a good first week loss but for some reason i feel horrid this week think its because I know I wont be able to get that same loss next week. Anyone else every feel like that? x

I think its like every other part of life hon, sometimes we are just a bit more enthusiastic than others. Don't beat yourself up over it, slog on and you'll get there. x

Thanks scoobysue. Think its just an emotional week. Yesterday was supposed to be black monday i think. maybe I can say its that and its lasting a few days rather than one. x

I didnt have a great loss in the first week because i had a binge (lasted 2 days) so i only lost 1lb ( i was grateful for that). this week i feel more prepared than last, dont beat yourself up about it- it happens and it is going to continue to happen for me. I have just learnt that when it does i need to point it and move on, no point thinking i ate badly so i give up :) you can do this xx

Back