Going off CD on holiday?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Style-Queen, 27 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Style-Queen

Style-Queen Full Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating
    Sis is coming to stay mid-September for nearly 2 weeks.
    We are both dieting at the min (me with Cambridge and her with healthy eating) but we've both said we are going to go off our diets for the duration of her stay as we enjoy meals out and food in general!
    I have spoken to my counsellor about this as even though I really do want to eat, I am worried about getting back on the diet. My counsellor said whatever weight I put on I should have a good loss the following week by sticking with SS.
    Anyone here who's gone off CD for their hols got any opinions?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. foodjunkie10

foodjunkie10 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    Who Knows!!
    Oooooh enjoy your holiday just make the most of it try to stay healthy as you can with your food choices and start afresh when you get back :)

4. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

I did and I'm weighing in on Tuesday after a proper week back.
    I enjoyed my holiday more not having to worry about food and it did me good having a break.

5. this*time

this*time Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(28.42%)
    Diet:
    CD ss
    when I did cd last year I had a planned weekend off it took me over a year to get back on it lol, just found it super hard afer a break, this time around I decided no breaks although i did have 24 hrs off on a camping trip and got back into it fairly easy, have a lovely time :)

6. DappyMare

DappyMare Girl on a mission

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Hi hun

My only advice is only you know if you're strong enough to get back on cd after 2 weeks off, some people find it really easy, others find it impossible! Think about it, and just be honest with yourself :)

7. coley144

coley144 Creating my life

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st2lb(33%)
    Diet:
    No diet. Pregnant
    Just be aware the jump in weight could be quite large. It'd be mostly your glycogen stores filling up and you should lose it quickly once you start again.

Last Christmas I had 4 days off and put 10 pounds on!!! Just be prepared.

8. Mrs Taurus

Mrs Taurus Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,I went to Tenerife in Feb for a week and came completely off plan,it came off in a week.......it only came back when I went off the rails from late May.
    I also came off plan for 2 weeks at xmas and lost it all within a couple of weeks.
    However everyone is different.
    Enjoy your holiday x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.